January 13, 2011 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Anime, Art Show, Collectibles, Comic Books, Convention News, Horror, Manga, Massachusetts, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Video Games, Webcomics
Anime Boston, the largest anime convention in New England, announced its first round of guests: Brothers Greg and Christopher Ayres, voice actress Brina Palencia as well as industry guest Jonathan Klein return to the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Mass. on April 22-24th.
Brina Palencia is an actress working in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. She has voiced numerous characters for anime and video games. Some of her anime highlights include: Natsuki in Summer Wars, Chibitalia in Hetalia, Ciel Pahntomhive in Black Butler, Holo in Spice and Wolf, Yumi Azusa in Soul Eater, Sora in Oh Edo Rocket, Rei Ayanami in Evangelion 1.0, Juliet in Romeo x Juliet, Miharu in Nabari No Ou,Tony Tony Chopper in One Piece, Tamama in Sgt. Frog, Ennis in Baccano, Mikoto in School Rumble, Georgie in Shin Chan, Eve in Black Cat, Moro and Zashikiwarashi in xxxHolic. In the land of gaming she can be heard as Mad Moxxi in Borderlands, Moogle/Dungeon Hero X in Final Fantasy Fables, the main player in Mushroom Men and The Maw, and various characters in Guitar Hero III and IV, Stunt Driver 2, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Street Fighter 4.
She has also served as ADR Director for Moon Phase (eps 21-26), School Rumble, Black Blood Brothers, and xxxHOLiC (the movie and eps 1-8), Assistant ADR Director for Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, D Gray Man and Dragon Ball Kai, and Music Director for Sasami: Magical Girls Club, Negima!?, My Bride is a Mermaid, and Dragon Ball Kai.
On camera, you can see her as the co-host for GameStop TV alongside fellow voice actor, Chris Burnett.
Christopher Ayres has been working professionally in theatre, television and film since the age of 6. Currently a voice actor for ADV Films, FUNimation Entertainment and Seraphim Digital Studios. Ayres is also an ADR Director for Amusement Park Media. His first project at studio was the hit anime musical comedy The Nerima Daikon Brothers. His other voice acting roles are Kei Kourono in Gantz, Suitengu in Speed Grapher, Von Kampher in Trinity Blood, Hayashimizu in Full Metal Panic? Fummofu, Johnny in One Piece, Sid in Devil May Cry, Yusuf Ali Mesa in Yugo the Negotiator and Koji in Godanner.
Greg Ayres can be heard rockin’ his way through conventions and animated series alike. He can be heard as the loud-mouthed Hideki in Nerima Daikon Brothers, Koyuki, singing with the band in Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, or just as himself on the DJ circuit. He also voiced Kaoru Hitachiin in Ouran High School Host club, and Abe in Big Windup. Other recent works include JR. in Xenosaga , Roan in Ragnorok The Animation, Yamazaki in Welcome to the NHK, Nowy, in Glass Fleet, and Yukinojoh Tohyama in The Wallflower.
The once fanboy turned VA started working in anime a little over six years ago. In his first two years in the business, he landed the roles of Son Goku in Saiyuki and Kaworu Nagisa in the Director’s Cut of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Other roles include Chrono in Chrono Crusade, Negi Springfield in Negima, Heihachi in Samurai 7, Jr. in Xenosaga: The Animation, Satoshi Hiwatari in DNAngel, Pope Alessandro XVIII in Trinity Blood, Tsuyoshi in Kodocha, Leo in Ghost Stories, Tsujido in Speed Grapher, and Gau Ban in Shadow Skill.
Jonathan Klein is the Vice-President of New Generation Pictures, Inc., based in Beverly Hills. His company produces the English language versions of some of the most popular anime and videogames in the United States and Japan. New Generation Pictures has worked on hundreds of different projects, including such popular anime as; Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate, Gun x Sword, Kamichu, R.O.D the TV, Ikki Tousen, NieA_7, 3×3 Eyes and many other titles. Jonathan has also directed of the English language versions of such anime titles as Ergo-Proxy, Haibane Renmei, Texhnolyze, Melody of Oblivion and Paranoia Agent.
Jonathan has also directed many video games including; Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers, Final Fantasy IV, Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, Rune Factory 3, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Final Fantasy; Chocobo’s Dungeon, Time Crisis 4, Dawn of Mana, Valkyrie Profile 2, and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume and was also the English language producer on Street Fighter IV & Super Street Fighter IV as well as the highly anticipated Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
Beyond working as producer and director, Jonathan’s responsibilities also include scriptwriting, script adaptation and even working behind the microphone as a voice actor. Jonathan has voice acted in such anime & videogames as Final Fantasy IV, Star Ocean IV, Rune Factory 3, Ergo Proxy, Rumiko Takahashi Anthology, Kamichu, Girls Bravo, Gun x Sword, Burst Angel, Galaxy Railways and Beck.
About Anime Boston:
Anime Boston is an annual three-day Japanese animation convention held in Boston, Massachusetts. Anime Boston 2011 will be held Friday, April 22nd through Sunday, April 24th at the Hynes Convention Center and Sheraton Boston Hotel.
Anime Boston 2011 will once again be presenting popular events which include a masquerade, an anime music video contest, video programming rooms, an artists’ alley and art show, karaoke, game shows, video games, manga library, dances and balls, and much more…
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com