Bruins legend Bobby Orr appears at Barnes & Noble to sign his memoir Orr: My Story on Friday November 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Barnes & Noble – Northshore Mall
210 Andover Street, Peabody, MA 01960
Bruins legend Bobby Orr signs his new memoir at Barnes & Noble on Thursday October 17, 2013 at noon!
Barnes & Noble – Prudential Center
800 Boylston Street, Suite 179, Boston, MA 02199
FAN EXPO LAUNCHES FAN EXPO SPORTS, THE ULTIMATE SPORTS CELEBRITY EXPERIENCE
NEW ADDITION INCLUDES CELEBRITY GUESTS BOBBY ORR, JOE MONTANA, HULK HOGAN AND MANY MORE!
TORONTO, ON (March 6, 2013) - Canada’s favourite and largest fan convention,Fan Expo Canada™, is expanding by adding a new genre to the show: Fan Expo Sports™ - The Ultimate Sports Celebrity Experience. The only convention of its kind to marry the worlds of pop culture with sports, the 2013 return of Fan Expo will see over 100,000 entertainment and sports fans unite at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre to get a glimpse of their favourite celebrities.
“Sports are as much a part of pop culture as comics or science fiction,” says Steve Menzie, President of Hobby Star Marketing Inc. “There are many similarities in the celebrity experience, with everything from sports collectibles to equally devoted fans. We are creating an event that unites fans of entertainment – whether sporting or cultural. It’s a natural fit and will offer a winning combination for all Fan Expo fans.”
With a mission to provide the “ultimate sports celebrity experience,” Fan Expo Sports™ goes above and beyond traditional sports shows that focus solely on signings and memorabilia. Attendees will have a chance to meet their favourite sports celebrities, including Canadian hockey legends Martin Brodeur, Joe Sakic, Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr (in a rare public appearance); Hall of Fame NFL quarterback Joe Montana; wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan in his first Canadian appearance; Canadian horse racing champion, Ron Turcotte (Secretariat’s jockey) and many more!
Experience once-in-a-lifetime attractions including:
- CELEBRITY PHOTO SESSIONS: A chance of a lifetime to have your photo taken by a professional photographer with your favourite sports celebrity! This is the only way to get a beautiful 8×10 glossy photo of you with one of our special guests in an intimate setting.
- AUTOGRAPH SESSIONS: A perfect opportunity to get that unique item signed by your favourite sports celebrity! Be sure to check out the schedule so you don’t miss out!
- PANELS/Q&A’s: Our special guests will all be speaking and taking questions from the fans, live on stage! Like your very own press conference, the Pros will be here to answer your questions about their careers or issues in the world sports. You never know what they might say! Celebrity sports journalists will moderate many of these panels!
- SEMINARS: Interested in hearing North America’s top sports agents tell you what it takes to earn scholarships or play professional sports? Then listen to and participate in our numerous free seminars! Soak it all in through many specialized sessions presented by the professional sports personalities!
- OVER 70,000 SQ FT OF SHOPPING MADNESS!: Hundreds of retailers from all over the continent join FAN EXPO SPORTS™ to make your experience an unforgettable one! Specializing in sports cards, licensed merchandise, sports memorabilia, equipment, jerseys, hats, and other collectables; these retailers have what you need. It is THE area to find just what you’re looking for – whether it’s items from another era, posters, artwork, books, DVD’s, videos, toys or Tshirts – you will find it all here.
Fan Expo Canada™ will return to Toronto from August 22nd to 25th, taking over the entire North and South buildings of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre with over 750,000 square feet, 100,000 fans and 900 retailers, artists and exhibitors.
For more information on Fan Expo Canada™, visit http://www.fanexpocanada.com
About Fan Expo Canada™:
Founded by Hobby Star Marketing Inc. as the Canadian National Comic Book Expo in 1995, FanExpo Canada™ is an annual four-day multi-genre fan convention featuring comic, anime, science, fiction, horror and gaming. The convention is the largest of its kind in Canada and among the largest in the world, filling the entire South Building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre with over 90,000 attendees every August. Other shows produced by Hobby Star Marketing Inc. include Toronto ComiCon™ and FanExpo Vancouver™.