Dear Comics Fans: The Jersey Shore’s LONGEST-RUNNING Comic Book Show RETURNS to the Holiday Inn in Manahawkin, N.J. (Exit 63 on the GSP) when Atomicon XXVIII Comics Expo takes place on SATURDAY, OCT.6, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.!
*Low LOW Admission Price!: Admission is STILL Just $2 for Adults and Teens, leaving YOU with MORE to SPEND in our comfortable Dealers Room on TENS of THOUSANDS of COMICS (Golden Age to Present), DVDs, Toys, Action Figures, and all manner of Comics Collectibles!
*Free, Free, FREE!: FREE Admission for Kids 12-and-Under! FREE Parking at the Con hotel! FREE Gifts at the door for the first 100 patrons!
*Dandy DOOR PRIZES: (a) Our “infamous” Mystery Box ‘O’ Stuff (over $125 in cover-price Comics inside!),(b) Bat-Bux $howca$h (Gotham City banknotes, good like REAL cash anywhere in the Dealers Room!), (c) Gas Card GiveAway: for ONE Lucky Winner, Free GAS for the return trip home! (d) Indian Summer Door Prize: a special “pre-Silver Age” Comic Give-away (wait ’til you see what it is)!
*Great GUEST CREATORS: Meet-and-greet Fandom’s Elite! See Creatrive Folk in person and in action: signing autographs, sketching for fans, selling original art and special publications! Confirmed Guests: DC Inker BOB PETRECCA (Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League)…Artist SCOTT BARNETT (Dead Man’s Party)…
*Easy ACCESS: Use Rt. 72 (east-west) and either the Garden State Parkway or Route 9 (north-south) to get to the show. No car? No problem! Use the Atlantic City/Lakewood Rt. 9 Bus and ask the driver to stop at Rt. 72! The Con hotel is about 1 long block away on the SW corner!
*Our HOST HOTEL: The Holiday Inn of Manahawkin is a FIRST-CLASS facility, with indoor pool and spa, sports-bar and lounge, and indoor, full-service restaurant! Make a “Comic-Book-Safari” weekend out of it and plan your end-of-summer getaway NOW!
*For over a DOZEN years (and over TWO DOZEN shows), Atomicon has been your GUARANTEE for Always-Affordable Family Entertainment…and a MegaTON of Comic FUN! It’s our Last Blast of the Season…and an Indian Summer event you WON’T want to miss! So be there, Kemo Sabe…or Be SQUARE!! - S.P.P. Promotion Team
It is the return of the Philadelphia Comic-Con on Sunday July 15th. This comic book convention is held at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport located at 76 Industrial Highway (Route 291) in Essington, PA 19029. The hotel is conveniently located between exits 8 and 9A off of I-95. It is also close to I-76,I-476 and most bridges from New Jersey. Show hours are 10 AM to 4 PM. Admission is only $3 per person. Students of any age are admitted free with a current id. Parking is also free on premises. For those of you that do not drive Septa Bus Route 37 stops directly in front of the hotel.
It is quite a site to behold with 60+ tables at the show in the 4,500 square foot ballroom of the hotel. Dealers from 6 states setup there selling, buying and even trading with collectors. Thousands and thousands of comic books from the 1940′s to present day will be for sale at the show. Also available will be collecting supplies, graphic novels, action figures, statues, non-sportcards, dvd’s and original artwork. The show has become a fan favorite for years with people travelling up to 3 hours one way just to shop at the show.
Special guest artists this show are Bob Petrecca, Chris Ivy and Greg LaRocque. All 3 artists are industry veterans who have worked for both Marvel and DC Comics.
Any questions about the convention can be sent to email@example.com or we can be reached by phone at 856-217-5737. Fans can also check us out on the web at www.philadelphiacomic-con.com. Or on Facebook at facebook.com/comicbookshows.
Jersey Shore’s BIG Summer Comics BLAST!
Dear Comics Fans: It’s sand…it’s sun…and a MegaTON of Comic FUN! It’s Atomicon XXIV Comics Expo, returning to the heart of the Jersey Shore at the Holiday Inn of Manahawkin N.J. on Sunday, July 31, 2011, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Exit 63 off of the G.S.P., junction of Rt. 72 and Rt. 9 in Stafford Township).
*LOW Admission Price of just $2 for Adults and Teens means YOU have MORE to SPEND in our AIR-CONDITIONED Dealers Room on TENS of THOUSANDS of COMICS (Golden Age to Present), Toys, Action Figures, Comics Supplies, DVDs and other Comics Collectibles!
* FREE, FREE, FREE!: FREE Admission for Kids 12-and-Under! FREE Parking for Con attendees in the hotel parking lot! FREE Comics for the first 100 patrons through the door! FREE Education via the College of Comic-book Knowledge (just ask any of our dealers)!
* Great DOOR PRIZES: Bat-Bux $howca$h (use these Gotham City banknotes like REAL cash anywhere in the room), Mystery Box ‘O’ Stuff (Over $100 value inside), Super-Hero Movie Tickets (see Captain America, Conan the Barbarian or the new Planet of the Apes movie on us!), and the Free GAS-CARD Give-away (win Free GAS for your return-trip home)!
* Guest CREATORS in attendance: Come and meet Comics Creators John B. LAI (Ultimate Comics Group), Doug BARON (Sugar Ray Finhead) and Bob PETRECCA (Batman, JLA, others) as they show off their latest wares and creations! Need last-minute Updates? Check our listing on ConventionScene.com
* Easy Access: via Rt. 9 or the Garden State Parkway (north-south) and Rt. 72 (east-west). No car? Use the Rt. 9 Bus (Atlantic City-Lakewood line). We’re ten minutes from the beaches of Long Beach Island…and thirty minutes from all the action /activity of Atlantic City…
* For a DOZEN years and TWO DOZEN shows, Atomicon has stood for Always Affordable Family Entertainment…and a MegaTON of Comic FUN! Bring your flip-flops…your sunglasses…your Bermuda shorts…your Hawaiian shirts…and your “Want Lists”! This is ONE Comics Beach Party you WON’T want to miss!
*As the Mighty THOR is known to have said: “Be thou there…or be thou SQUARE!” - The Promoters at Surf Pirate Productions
Dear Comics Fans: Surf Pirates Productions proudly welcomes long-time Marvel mainstay TOM PALMER (famous for his work on X-Men and Tomb of Dracula) to the Atomicon XXII Comics Expo on Halloween Sunday (10/31/10) at the Manahawkin N.J. Holiday Inn from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. DON’T MISS this RARE APPEARANCE by a Talented Artist! Joining Mr. Palmer will be DC Inker BOB PETRECCA, fresh off his latest stint on Batman Confidential! And MAZZ PRESS’ Creator of the Carrion Crow, STEVE PYTAK, will be returning with his latest Independent Press efforts!
In addition to our Guests, Dealers from 3 states will be offering THOUSANDS of COMICS (Golden Age to Present), DVDs, Toys, Action Figures, and other Comics’ Collectibles available for sale!
DOOR PRIZES for Paying Attendees: Comp MOVIE TICKETS! The (House of) Mystery BOX ‘O’ STUFF! Classic 60s MONSTER MAG Give-away (for Halloween, of course)…and BAT-BUX $howca$h (the Joker’s favorite)! Plus…some SPOOKY Surprises!
FREE STUFF!: FREE Admission for Kids 12-and-under! FREE Parking for Con Attendees! FREE Comics for the first 100 patrons! FREE Air for Super-Villains to breathe (we’ll let ‘em live THIS time!)
LOW Admission Price: just $3 for Adults and Teens (save $1 OFF with Special “Old Witch” Flyer…available at selected outlets and comic shops)!
Halloween Costume Contest: Prizes for Best Adult Costume and Best Child Costume at the show! Trophies for the Winners…too!
ATOMICON (held on a Fifth Sunday of a month, except during Winter) means Always Affordable Family Entertainment…and a MegaTON of Comic FUN! Join us for the Last Big Comics Blast at the Jersey Shore this year! It’s ONE Halloween Party you WON’T want to miss! Be THERE…or BE SQUARE!!! – The Promoters at S.P.P.
Dear Comics Fans: The Atomicon XXII Comics Expo Halloween Spooktacular will be held on Sunday, Oct.31, 2010 at the Holiday Inn in Manahawkin, N.J. (junction of Rt. 72 and Rt.9) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Halloween Costume Contest!: Come dressed as your favorite Super-Hero or Comics Character and compete for PRIZES!
* THOUSANDS of Comics (Golden Age to Present), DVDs, Toys, Action Figures, and Other Comics Collectibles available for sale!
* DOOR PRIZES for Paying Attendees: Super-Hero MOVIE Tickets! Classic 60s MONSTER MAG GiveAway! The ever-lovin’ (House of) Mystery Box ‘O’ Stuff (over $100 value inside)! BAT-BUX $howca$h (The Joker’s favorite! Winner can use this “play money” like REAL $$ anywhere in the dealers’ room)!
* FREE, FREE, FREE!: FREE Admission for Kids 12-and-Under! FREE Comics for the First 100 Patrons at the Show! FREE Parking for Con attendees!
* LOW Admission Price: Just $3 for Adults and Teens ($1 OFF with Special Flyer)!
* GUEST ARTISTS in attendance! Check our listings on SCOOP and ConventionScene.com..or e-mail us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org for Guest Updates!
GUEST LIST for upcoming Halloween Atomicon:
* STEVE PYTAK (Mazz Press, Carrion Crow)
* BOB PETRECCA (DC Comics, Batman Confidential, others)
* TOM PALMER…a RARE APPEARANCE by this Marvel-mainstay Artist, famous for X-Men, Tomb of Dracula, Kick-Ass (new series) and Chaos War (his latest)…
* ATOMICON (held on a Fifth Sunday of a month) means Always Affordable Family Entertainment…and a MegaTON of Comic FUN! Join us for the Last Big Blast of the Year at the Jersey Shore! This will be one Comics HALLOWEEN Party you WON’T want to miss! As Maynard G. Krebs was wont to say: “Like, BE THERE, man…or…BE SQUARE!” – The Promoters at Surf Pirate Productions