June 30, 2016 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, California, Comic Books, Comic-Con International, Horror, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Signing and Appearance Profiles, Television, Video Games
Kevin Smith (Clerks, Yoga Hosers) and Marc Bernardin (Static Shock, Genius) appear at The American Comedy Co. on Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 8:00 PM for a live recording of FATMAN ON BATMAN to talk about all the news in movie make believe, terrific TV and anything that squeaks in Geek!
The American Comedy Co. San Diego
818 6th Ave, #B, San Diego, CA 92101
Writer Alan Brennert (L.A. Law, Twilight Zone, Moloka’i) signs TALES OF THE BATMAN at Earth-2 Comics on Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 2:00 PM!
15017 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Boston Comic Con is thrilled to host celebrated creator FRANK MILLER in a rare convention appearance. Not only is this his only appearance in New England, but it’s also one of his only remaining appearances in the US this year.
This is an amazing opportunity for fans to meet one of the industry’s most significant talents. Miller’s seminal work on Batman and Daredevil redefined both characters and influenced an entire generation of creators. His independent titles Sin City and 300 have both been adapted to films.
Frank is appearing on Friday, August 12 only.
There are three special Frank Miller VIP Packages available each with unique art and autograph guarantee benefits. Click the link for further details.
Plus, Frank will be conducting two one-hour public signings with autographs available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Frank Miller is one of the most celebrated creators in comic book history, noted for combining film noir and manga influences in his comic art creations. Beginning with his run on Marvel’s Daredevil, during which he created the popular ninja assassin Elektra, Miller ushered in a darker, grittier vision of superheroes which paved the way for more mature themes to be explored in comic book form. His seminal work on Batman with The Dark Knight Returns and Year One continues to influence creators today and is sets the stages for the most recent films. His independent titles Sin City and 300 have both been adapted to movies, with Miller co-directing the latter alongside Robert Rodriguez. Most recently Miller has worked on All-Star Batman and Robin and currently is co-writing the third installment of Dark Knight Returns.
He joins a guest artist list of well over 80 of the world’s most talented comic book creators – a portfolio unmatched by any other comic book convention, in New England or elsewhere including Sam Kieth, Jae Lee, John Cassaday, Erik Larsen, Terry Dodson, Mike Allred, Greg Capullo, Adam Hughes, Arthur Adams, Amanda Conner, David Lloyd, Jimmy Palmiotti, Phil Jimenez, Scott Snyder, Mark Waid, Bernie Wrightson, Stan Sakai, and many more!
Media guests include William Shatner (Star Trek), Karen Gillan (Guardians of the Galaxy), Jenna Coleman (Doctor Who), Karl Urban (Star Trek Beyond), Ben McKenzie (Gotham), John Barrowman (Arrow), Ciara Renee (Legends of Tomorrow), Robbie Amell (The Flash), Caity Lotz (Legends of Tomorrow), and more. Check the website for full details on exciting events!
About Boston Comic Con:
The Boston Comic Con is a 100% independently run comic book show committed to bringing the biggest and best comic creators to New England. Run by fans for fans, Boston Comic Con is not affiliated with any other convention tour or corporate interests. Hosting over 120,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, trading cards, and other pop culture memorabilia, this is a destination event for geeks of any stripe. This year’s convention will be held Friday August 12th, Saturday August 13th, and Sunday August 14th at the Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210. For more information please go to our website at www.bostoncomiccon.com and follow us on Twitter (@BostonComicCon) and Facebook!
Join Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy) as he records SModcast live at 92Y on Monday, July 11, 2016 at 7:30 pm!
Learn about the history of Comic Book Men and get a sneak peak at Kevin Smith’s new late-night talk show Geeking Out on AMC.
About Geeking Out:
Geeking Out, a new late-night talk show hosted by Kevin Smith (Comic Book Men, Clerks) and Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Heroes Reborn Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens), will take a timely look at pop culture through a fanboy lens and feature talk, clips, celebrity interviews and out-of-the-studio segments. The series will premiere with a special episode covering Comic-Con International: San Diego in late July followed with eight more 30-minute episodes to run weekly starting in late summer.
92nd Street Y
1395 Lexington Avenue, New York, New York 10128
Past Present Future is thrilled to announce that Neal Adams; a true legend of the comic book industry will be a special guest of our West Palm Beach Superstore – Thursday, June 30th! Mr. Adams will be in the store from 6:00 until 9:00 PM.
A special arrangement has been made with this iconic artist, just for our customers – he will sign one item (hardcover, trade paperback or comic) per-person for FREE. Each additional signature is $20.00, discounted from his normal convention price. Mr. Adams will also take photos with fans (time permitting). There is one exception to the signature policy, if the books are CGC, then Mr. Adams must charge his standard rate. Beyond all of this awesomeness Mr. Adams will have a limited supply of prints, books and hard to find variants available for purchase. This is an incredible opportunity to meet a true master whose contribution to the comic book industry is unprecedented.
Past Present Future Comics
1387 N Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Writer/Director KEVIN SMITH will be returning to The Prince Charles Cinema to present the London Premiere of his forthcoming film, YOGA HOSERS on Tuesday, June 28th!
Not only will Kevin be taking to the stage for an hour long intro / Q&A before the film, he’ll also be returning to it after for another hour of fun-filled chit-chat!
So what are you waiting for? Get your tickets now for what is sure to be another great night with Kevin Smith in the house!
SCHEDULE – 2nd Screening:
23:59 – Kevin Smith intro
00:30 – YOGA HOSERS [London Premiere]
02:00 – Kevin Smith Q&A
The Prince Charles Cinema
7 Leicester Place, WC2H 7 London, United Kingdom
+44 20 7494 3654
Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 email@example.com
Annual Celebration for World’s Most Popular Super Hero Slated for September 17
DC Entertainment will join millions of fans in celebration of the pop culture phenomenon as Saturday, September 17th is officially announced as BATMAN DAY 2016.
Celebrating Batman’s endearing legacy with generations of fans, DC Entertainment will once again fete the iconic legend with festivities at thousands of comic book retailers, bookstores, schools and libraries across the country. Retail activities include free comic book giveaways and talent signings. Confirmed signing events feature blockbuster talent like Frank Miller, Scott Snyder, Tom King, James Tynion IV, and Greg Capullo with many more to be announced.
In addition to DC Entertainment, BATMAN DAY participating partners include many Warner Bros. divisions, as well as Warner Bros. Consumer Products licensees — Capstone Young Readers, Penguin Random House, Scholastic, DK Licensing, Bendon, and HarperCollins. These partnerships provide the unique opportunity for retail and digital promotion across various media in celebration of the Dark Knight.
The annual fan-favorite event, now in its third year, was first introduced to honor the iconic character’s 75th anniversary. Continuing the BATMAN DAY tradition, DC Entertainment will present Bat-centric promotions, fan giveaways and more, all to honor the character that has become a Super Hero to many generations and continues to inspire fans across the globe.
The official BATMAN DAY event kit will include activity sheets, trivia, and games and will be available for download on www.dccomics.com/batmandaykit.
Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester to Appear Together in Long Beach This September!
Three months until Long Beach Comic Con returns to the Long Beach Convention Center – September 17 & 18, and MAD Event Entertainment is pleased to announce the addition of voice actors Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester to this year’s show!
Appearing as the voices of Batman and Robin in the celebrated 1990s television series, Batman: The Animated Series, the two will appear at the LBCC for the first time together in a series of signings and a special Saturday panel, looking back at the series that remains a high watermark in animation nearly 25 years later!
Kevin Conroy holds the honor of having played Batman longer than any other actor in either live-action or animation. In addition to being credited for his two distinct voices for Bruce Wayne and Batman in Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited Conroy has voiced the character in the direct-to-video DC Universe Animated Original Movies: Batman: Gotham Knight (2008), Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (2009), Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (2010), Justice League: Doom (2012), Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013) and Batman: Assault on Arkham (2014). He returned to the role again for the 2015 Rocksteady Studios game, Batman: Arkham Knight.
“Looking forward to the chance to reflect on my work for Batman The Animated Series, as we approach the 25th anniversary of the landmark series at the Long Beach Comic Con” said Kevin Conroy.
Loren Lester appeared alongside Conroy in the landmark animated television series as Dick Grayson, better known as Robin, and as Kirk Langstrom (Man-Bat) in Batman: Arkham Knight. He has also appeared as the voice of Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) in theDC Entertainment series, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and as Iron Fist in Marvel’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Additionally, Lester has appeared in over 200 episodes of television including the cult favorite Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
“This will only be the second time ever that Batman & Robin are at the same convention” notes Loren Lester. “I’m thrilled to be returning to see all my fans in Long Beach”
“We are so excited to have Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester join this year’s Long Beach Comic Con ” said Martha Donato, Long Beach Comic Con Executive Director and Co-Founder. “Not many shows can say they hosted the Dynamic Duo themselves!”
Conroy and Lester will appear throughout the weekend, and will revisit their roles as The Dark Knight and Boy Wonder on a special panel presentation of Batman: The Animated Series on Saturday September 17, in celebration of DC Entertainment’s recently announced Batman Day.
Ticket prices will go up at the end of June, so don’t miss your chance to save!
Click Here to get your tickets now!
Kids 10 & Under get in FREE with a paid adult. Limit 2 children per paid adult.
About Long Beach Comic Con:
Long Beach Comic Con is an annual event held at the Long Beach Convention Center each fall. It’s a celebration of comic books and pop culture that showcases the exceptional works of talented writers, artists, illustrators and creators of all types of pop culture. At Long Beach Comic Con you’ll find exhibitors promoting and selling all types of related products, as well as entertaining and educational programs, guest signings, and meet & greet sessions with celebrities. Long Beach Comic Con is a production of MAD Event Management, LLC. Visit www.longbeachcomiccon.com for additional information.
In association with the good folks at 2000AD, we’ll be hosting a signing for the release of Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth Uncensored with artists Brian Bolland and Mike McMahon! The signing will be from 1-2pm on Saturday, July 16th.
When first serialised back in 1978, the Judge Dredd epic ‘The Cursed Earth’ originally included the now-infamous episodes ‘Burger Wars’ and ‘Soul Food’. These two chapters featured parodies of famous corporate characters such as Ronald McDonald and the Jolly Green Giant, and were quickly buried thanks to a litigious backlash, the settlement including an agreement that they would never be reprinted.
However, thanks to some landmark changes in UK laws in 2014 regarding copyright and parody, The Cursed Earth is now able to be printed in it’s entirety. For the first time ever, the entire storyline by Pat Mills, John Wagner, Brian Bolland and Mike McMahon is to be collected together in a single hardcover volume, including all of it’s beautiful full-colour spreads. At long last, it’s Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth Uncensored!
Come along on Saturday the 16th July from 1-2pm to celebrate this long-awaited release aslegendary artists Brian Bolland and Mike McMahon will be joining us for a very special UK exclusive signing!
1 Berwick St, SoHo, London W1F0DR