The All-Star Talent For The Line-Wide Relaunch – DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH – Will Be Revealed At An Unprecedented Saturday Morning Press Conference Open To All And Streamed Live! Plus there will be awesome fan activities, informative publishing panels, and special surprise announcements.
Marking WonderCon’s debut in its own backyard, DC Entertainment (DCE) will dominate the event with a stellar lineup of panels and fan activities beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
DCE’s WonderCon 2016 programming will be highlighted by a must-attend event touting the upcoming colossal DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH line-wide comic book title relaunch. Open to media and fans and taking place Saturday, March 26 at 9 a.m. PDT in Petree Hall C in the West Hall, the press conference will be moderated by DC All Access co-host Tiffany Smith and include appearances by DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who will reveal for the first time the lineup of writers and artists creating this incredible new universe of storytelling. This press conference will also be streamed live on DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, and viewers can follow this interactive fan experience with #REBIRTH.
During the three-day convention, DCE’s expansive booth (#1602) will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS. Fans will also be tempted to shout, “Look! Up in the sky!” when they see the Superman LEGO sculpture soaring above the booth.
DCE will also delight fans with a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming spanning every day of the Con.
- Go behind the scenes of DCE at DC ENTERTAINMENT – ALL ACCESS. Offering an in-depth look at some of the most exciting stories ever told across DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond, Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE), JT Krul (BLOODLINES), Mitch Gerads (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY) plus get the latest from acclaimed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya (THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS). New and veteran fans alike are welcome for a tutorial on the essential stories, videos and products that make up DCE in a 101 guide to the DC Universe! Friday 1:30 p.m., Room 403AB
- It’ll be a yabba dabba doo time during DC COMICS – HANNA BARBERA. DCE Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will join artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to give fans an exclusive taste of what’s in store as their favorite cartoons get a new twist with SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, THE FLINTSTONES, FUTURE QUEST and WACKY RACELAND. Friday 2:30 p.m., Room: 403AB
- From action figures to statues, busts to PVC figures, the DC Collectibles panel is the place to be for a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most spectacular products. Plus, hear from the team about how they come up with so many must-own products, and get an early look at what’s about to hit shelves. Saturday 1 p.m., Room: 151
- Artists and fans have the chance to learn from the best during ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC. Featuring a collection of talented DCE artists including Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Bernard Chang (BATMAN BEYOND), Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN, STARFIRE) and John Romita, Jr (SUPERMAN) take a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of the best comics in the industry. Saturday 4 p.m., Room: 151
- Sit down with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio during their traditional SUNDAY CONVERSATION WITH THE CO-PUBLISHERS panel to get an up-close look at the driving forces behind DC Comics, Vertigo, MAD, and much more. Sunday 12 p.m., Room: 151
- The Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403) will also feature WonderCon exclusive variant editions of THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with cover art from Howard Porter, Jill Thompson, and Paul Pope. Plus #50 issues of SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN will also be available with exclusive variant covers featuring Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And make sure to stop by the booth Saturday when a new mystery variant cover is revealed!
For all of your WonderCon event coverage, special announcements and exclusives for attendees, download the new DC All Access app, available at the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Orlando Toy and Comic Con returns on Sunday January 31st, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM at a new location, the Holiday Inn in Orlando, FL! Guests include Darwyn Cooke (The Twilight Children, Catwoman), Amanda Conner (Starfire, Harley Quinn), Jimmy Palmiotti (Power Girl, Jonah Hex), Tony S. Daniel (Batman & Robin Eternal, Teen Titans), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Tim Townsend (Doctor Strange, Uncanny X-Men), John Layman (Chew, Batman Eternal), and more!
Writer Kyle Higgins (Batman Eternal, Nightwing) appears at Hypno Comics on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 3:00 PM to sign copies of the new Power Rangers Issue #0!
Hypno Comics & Games
1803 E. Main Street, Ventura, CA 93001
Artist Craig Rousseau (Kyrra: Alien Jungle Girl, The Perhapanauts, Batman Beyond) appears at The Hall of Comics on Saturday December 12, 2014 from noon till 4:00 PM! Craig will generously be doing sketches on request in exchange for charitable donations. Fans are asked to bring $20+ worth of NEW warm socks, hats, and/or gloves to donate to the homeless. (Sketches will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.)
The Hall of Comics
3 Turnpike Rd, Southborough, MA 01772
Darwyn Cooke (Parker, The New Frontier) and Gilbert Hernandez (Love & Rockets, Marble Season) appear at St. Mark’s Comics on Thursday October 8th from 8-10pm!
St Mark’s Comics
11 St Mark’s Place,New York, New York 10003
Writer/artist Darwyn Cooke makes a rare UK appearance at Gosh! Comics on Wednesday the 21st of October! Not only will he be doing a signing from 6:00 – 7:00 PM but he’ll also be giving a talk at 7:30 – 9:00 PM.
Darwyn Cooke broke into the superhero scene by working on those classic crime fighting capers such as the Justice League in the modern DC classic The New Frontier and Batman. Darwyn hasn’t just illustrated superheroes for comics but he’s also drawn them for the screen, as a storyboard artist on The New Batman/Superman Adventures animated series. But you might also know his classic cinematic style from his work that gravitates more towards crime like his classic run on Catwoman with Ed Brubaker or his graphic novel adaptations of Donald Westlake’s Parker novels.
Darwyn’s latest project Twilight Children is a new mini-series written by legendary comics creators Gilbert Hernandez. They’ve teamed up to create this exciting surreal project which will launch in October.
Presented in conjunction with The Lakes International Comic Art Festival for making this event possible. The third Lakes International Comic Art Festival will run from 16-18 October 2015 in Kendal, Cumbria, and will be celebrating great comic art from across the world. Tickets are available for the festival at the link…
1 Berwick St, SoHo, London W1F0DR
Artist Bernard Chang (Batman Beyond, Supergirl, Wonder Woman) appears at Earth-2 Comics on Saturday, September 26, 2015 from 11:00 AM till 1:00 PM to sign comics in honor of BATMAN DAY!
15017 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Writers Brian Buccellato and Kyle Higgins will be signing at Meltdown Comics and Collectibles on September 26, 2015 at 2:00 PM to celebrate Batman Day! Free DC swag while supplies last.
7522 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
August 31, 2015 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Connecticut, Convention News, Cosplay, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Top Stories, Video Games
Hartford Comic Con returns this September 19-20, 2015 at the XL Center in Hartford, CT! In the very first year, over 11,000 fans attended and this year they are looking for even more fans to join in the fun!
The staff has been hard at work putting together a great guest line up for this year’s convention and will continue to do so up to the opening of the show! Currently the following comic creators are scheduled to appear: Ray Fawkes, Chad Hardin, John Tyler Christopher, Ed McGuinness, Ben Templesmith, Dave Dorman, Jeremy Bastian, Craig Rousseau, Mark McKenna (special host for this year’s Kids Conn!), Jack Purcell, Bob Almond, Khary Randolph, Paul Ryan, Sara Richard, Darby Pop!, Jeff Schultz, Ransom Getty, Nate Bellegarde, Mike Lilly, Matt Fletcher, Braden Lamb, Alex Sanchez, Eric Talbot, Alex Sanchez and Ale Garza!
Additionally several media guests from movies and television will also appear: Kelly Hu, Eric Roberts,
Michael Jai White, Joey Lauren Adams, Christy Romano, BJ Britt, Ernie Hudson, Samantha Newark, Nicki Clyne, Robert Axelrod, Jeff Kline, Taimak, Tito Santana, and Trina Nishimura!
For those interested in either Artist Alley tables or Vendor space, please visit our website www.hartfordcomiccon.com and follow the link under the registration tab.
Writer Paul Dini appears at Vroman’s Bookstore on Saturday, September 26, 2015 at noon to give a small talk followed by a book signing for BATMAN DAY!
Batman Day is DC Entertainment’s annual celebration of the world’s most popular super hero and global pop icon. Join us for an afternoon FULL of free giveaways, a free comic (BATMAN: ENDGAME SPECIAL EDITION #1), Batman themed snacks, activities and more!
About Paul Dini:
Paul Dini is a writer and producer who works in the television and comic book industries. He is best known as a producer and writer for several Warner Bros./DC Comics animated series including Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, The New Batman/Superman Adventures, Superman: The Animated Series Star Wars: Ewoks and Tiny Toon Adventures. Other works have included the ABC series Lost as well as a number of comic books for DC Comics (Harley Quinn and Superman: Peace on Earth). Paul is currently serving as a writer and producer for Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H..
695 E. Colorado Blvd Pasadena, CA 91101