The MASSive Comic Con returns to the DCU Center in Worcester, MA on Saturday June 24th & Sunday 25th for more comic book and pop culture fun!
Artist Alley is packed with the some of the best talent in the comics industry, including Writers, Artists and Publishers. Our guests will be available for sketches, commissions and autographs, as well as participating on panel discussions and workshops! Guests include:
- Amanda Conner; artist/writer Harley Quinn, SuperZero
- Jimmy Palmiotti: writer Harley Quinn, SuperZero
- Stephane Roux; artist Zatanna
- Megan Hutchison; artist Rockstars
- Tim Townsend; artist/inker Doctor Strange
- Dave Johnson; artist DC, Marvel
- Paul Mounts; artist/colorist DC, Marvel, Image
- Cully Hamner; artist Blue Beetle, Red
- Billy Tucci; artist/writer Crusade Fine Arts, Shi
- Nelson Faro DeCastro; artist DC, Marvel
- Frank Tieri; writer DC, Marvel
- Ming Doyle; artist DC, Marvel
- Jonathan Glapion; artist/inker Reborn
- John Gallagher; artist The Flash
- Robert Pope; artist Peanuts
- Robert Atkins; artist GI Joe
- Alex Saviuk; artist Spider-Man
- Agnes Garbowska; artist DC Super Hero Girls
- Amanda Deibert; writer Wonder Woman ’77
- Cat Staggs; artist Adventures of Supergirl, Crosswind
- John Timms; artist Harley Quinn
- Kenneth Rocafort; artist Superman
- Mark McKenna; artist Combat Jacks
- Christy Blanch; writer Aw Yeah Comics
- Franco; artist Tiny Titans
- Scoot; artist Aw Yeah Comics
- Brian Atkins; artist Family Graves
- Ed Smith; artist Tellos tribute book
- Ben Bishop; artist The Aggregate
- Sal Otero; artist TMNT, Until We Sleep
- Ron Leary; artist Heavy Metal
- Hyunsung “Creees” Lee; artist Freelance art & Design
- Scott Hamilton; artist Custom Caricatures
- Chris Campana; writer/artist First World
- Bill Walko; artist The Hero Business
- Bob Salley; writer/creator Salvagers
- Jeff Kline; writer/producer/publisher Darby Pop Publishing
Mark McKenna makes his triumphant return to East Side Mags for the re-release of Combat Jacks #1 but this time – it’s the Director’s Cut! He’ll be signing copies of Combat Jacks #1, sketching on blank covers and hanging out from 1pm-5pm on Saturday, October 15!
About Combat Jacks #1:
In the 23rd-century, a space marine squad is sent to investigate the disappearance of prison terraformers on newfound planet Maia. What they find is much worse then they imagined. The oxygen-rich atmosphere created by the planet’s pumpkin-like vegetation makes Maia a perfect place for settlement – and the perfect flytrap!
Mark McKenna is a 30 year veteran of the comic book industry. In that time he has worked on Batman, Wolverine, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and more recently on Star Wars, counting over 550 comics in all.
Mark’s more recent work can be seen in Legendary Picture Books PACIFIC RIM movie prequel, Dark Horse Comics Star Wars-The Old Republic: The Lost Suns. In 2012 his work on the online web comic titled “Star Wars: Blood of the Empire“ was collected into an 84 page trade paperback and was the lynchpin for the 2012 released Bio-ware online video game, The Old Republic.
His children’s book series Banana Tail and Friends is a labor of love that he created when his daughter was four and had a newborn son. His most recent Banana Tail project, The BOOnana Tail Halloween Special was released for Halloween 2014 and was treated as an “all ages” comic project that continues to grow with children that had the original storybooks read to them as younger children. The other Banana Tail titles include; Banana Tail’s Tales and Activities, Banana Tail’s Colorful Adventure and the soon-to-be-released Banana Tail and the Checkerboard Jungle
Mark has also created, written, inked and published the Sci Fi/Horror COMBAT JACKS comic book mini series. COMBAT JACKS #3… “The Saga Continues” was recently published and is now available under Mark’s Banana Tale Press imprint.
East Side Mags
7 S Fullerton Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042
Tony DiGerolamo (The Travelers, Everknights) and Mark McKenna (Combat Jacks, Banana Tail) appear at East Side Mags on Saturday August 6th from noon till 6:00 PM, signing copies of their various comics and hanging out with fans! Mark will also be sketching for customers so make sure you get here early!
East Side Mags
7 S Fullerton Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042
Long time comic book illustrator Mark McKenna, who works for Marvel and DC Comics and whose credits include The Hulk, Spider-Man, and Justice League and most recently Star Wars: The Old Republic for Dark Horse Comics, appears at the Guilderland Public Library on Saturday October 3, 2015 at 11:00 AM to demonstrate the process of creating comics in a 90-minute presentation. With a hands-on approach, Mark explains the jobs and atmosphere surrounding a freelance comic illustrator including what it takes to put a monthly comic book together, via a 25-minute PowerPoint presentation.
Registering for an event automatically enters you into a raffle to win a print or book from the presenting artist. Artist prints and books will be available for purchase at each artist event.
Guilderland Public Library
2228 Western Ave, Guilderland, NY 12203
Artist Mark McKenna signs on Friday June 10th at Rubber Chicken Comics from 6pm to 8pm!! Mark is currently working for Dark Horse Comics on Star Wars-The Old Republic: The Lost Suns (ships June 8th). Recently his work on the online web comic titled “Star Wars: Blood of the Empire“ was collected into an 84 page trade paperback.
MARK MCKENNA: artist/inker/Creator of Banana Tail. His newest project is Star Wars: Lost Suns and his bio is huge with so many titles ranging for years of amazing work on Amazing Spider-Man, Aquaman, Archie and Friends, Avengers, Batman, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Betty and Veronica Double Digest, Big Town, Black Panther, Excalibur, Exiles, Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, JLA, Nightwing, Silver Surfer, Star Wars, Thor, Wolverine, X-Men and many more.
Mark will be signing books, selling his work and talking to fans about the Comic Biz, So come on down and get some books signed!
Rubber Chicken Comics
15 North Main Street, Bellingham, MA 02019