Writers Geoff Johns and Andrew Kreisberg appear at Earth-2 Comics Northridge on Saturday March 2, 2013 from noon to 2:00 pm to celebrate the relaunch of Justice League of America and Justice League of America’s Vibe. The writers will be available to meet with fans and sign the first issues of both Justice League of America, written by Johns, and illustrated by David Finch, and Vibe, written by Kreisberg and Johns, and illustrated by Pete Woods.
While Johns has been writing the hit Justice League series since 2011, this marks the debut of the classic Justice League of America title in DC Comics’s popular New 52 line of titles. Vibe originated in the 1980s Justice League of America series but the character died heroically in the line of duty.
Justice League of America #1 is being released with 53 covers featuring the United States flag along with the flags of the 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
The event will take place at Earth-2 Comics Northridge located at 8967 Reseda Blvd. on Saturday March 2 from noon-2pm.
All-American snacks will be available from the Munchie Machine food truck.
Geoff Johns is the award-winning writer of such popular comic-book series as Green Lantern, Blackest Night, Aquaman and Superman Secret Origin as well as the screenwriter of acclaimed episodes of Smallville. He currently serves as Chief Creative Office of DC Comics and is a partner in Earth-2 Comics Northridge.
Andrew Kreisberg is currently Executive Producer of the hit Arrow TV series on the CW. In addition to serving as writer and co-executive producer on such TV series as Warehouse 13 and Fringe, he has also written such comic books as Green Arrow/Black Canary and the well-received Batman/Joker tale Dead to Rights.
Earth-2 Comics, founded in 2003, was the 2007 winner of the Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award. In 2009, Earth-2 opened a second location in Northridge. In 2011, Earth-2 was named “Best Place to Stock Up on Trade Paperbacks” by the LA Weekly in their annual Best of LA issue.
8967 Reseda Blvd, Northridge, CA 91324
DC ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ACTION-PACKED TAKEOVER OF NEW YORK COMIC CON
Major initiatives take spotlight at pop culture and comic book mega-event:
Cast of Warner Bros. Television’s ARROW to appear in DC Entertainment booth
Revelations from hit comic saga BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY
SUPERMAN, BATMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE news
Spotlight on Vertigo’s THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO graphic novel
Exclusive comics, collectibles and more
BURBANK, Calif. (October 5, 2012) – DC Entertainment – the industry leader in print and digital comics – will raise fan excitement to record-breaking levels with a number of announcements, creator signings, panels and celebrity appearances at New York Comic-Con. The impressive lineup of DC Entertainment activities takes place October 11-14 and cements New York Comic-Con’s position as one of the can’t-miss pop culture events of the year.
Stephen Amell – star of The CW’s highly-anticipated ARROW – will be on hand, along with an unprecedented lineup of comic book talent to give fans and attendees exclusive insight into DC Entertainment’s best-selling titles and iconic characters.
DC Entertainment will also debut its new, fully interactive booth experience at New York Comic-Con. First revealed at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year, the state-of-the-art booth includes a demo area where fans can experience digital comic book reading on the iPad, Nook and Kindle and a green screen that will allow attendees to pose next to some of their favorite Super-Villains. Fans will also be able to purchase exclusive merchandise at the DC Entertainment booth for the first time, including top titles and a wide selection of DC Collectibles product.
DC Entertainment can be found at booth #1238. Here are some of the major stories fans can look forward to hearing about at the show – plus much more:
- Following the historic, nationwide debut of “Arrow Day,” superstar comic book writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns joins the cast and creators of ARROW for an exclusive panel to provide new insights into the new television series on Sunday at 11 a.m. in the IGN Theater.
- Con-goers and panel attendees will be treated to major, game-changing news announcements affecting the Man of Steel and the entire SUPERMAN family of titles.
- Fans will also be treated to key revelations and jaw-dropping, beautiful art from the best-selling BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY event courtesy of writer Scott Snyder, artist Greg Capullo and an all-star cast of talent.
- DC Entertainment will announce details on a new and unique partnership in support of WE CAN BE HEROES.
- The literary event of the season will be a major point of interest, as the gritty graphic novel adaptation of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO speeds toward its November release.
- Clues surround the next chapter in the epic GREEN LANTERN comic book saga, as fans will get hints at what’s coming their way in the pages of the RISE OF THE THIRD ARMY crossover event.
- Vertigo fans will get a heavy dose of their favorite titles – along with some groundbreaking new additions, including SANDMAN, DJANGO UNCHAINED, GHOSTS and FABLES: WEREWOLVES OF THE HEARTLAND and more.
- MAD Magazine’s “Usual Gang of Idiots” will be on hand to discuss the arrival of Totally MAD, a hardcover book celebrating 60 years of the magazine’s sharp satire and biting parody. Fans will also have the chance to subscribe to MAD Magazine in the DC Entertainment booth.
- Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website is the go-to place for exclusive announcements, creator access and artwork reveals and more. Visit the page at Con Away From Con page.
DC Entertainment’s New York Comic-Con 2012 panel schedule includes:
Thursday, October 11:
- 5:00-6:00pm – DC Collectibles
- 6:30-7:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52: Superman
Friday, October 12:
- 10:15-11:00am – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:30-1:30pm – DC Entertainment: From Concept to Page
- 1:30-2:30pm – Vertigo: A View from the Cutting Edge of Comics
- 2:45-3:45pm – DC Comics: Green Lantern – The Third Army Arrives
- 4:15-5:15pm – DC Comics All Access: Before Watchmen
Saturday, October 13:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – Mad about MAD
- 1:30-2:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52
- 4:00-5:00pm – Vertigo – Fables: 10th Anniversary!
- 5:15-6:15pm – DC Comics: Justice League
Sunday, October 14:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Meet the Co-Publishers
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – DC Comics: Batman – Death Comes to Gotham
- 2:30-3:30pm – Drawing DC: Kids Edition
From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action TV series Arrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GETS AN EMPIRE STATE OF MIND!
666 PARK AVENUE, ARROW, THE FOLLOWING AND PERSON OF INTEREST JOIN THE LINEUP FOR NEW YORK COMIC CON 2012
Person of Interest Panel and Signing on Saturday, October 13; 666 Park Avenue, Arrow and The Following on Sunday, October 14; All Autograph Signings Will Take Place in the DC Entertainment Booth, #1238
Participants Include 666 Park Avenue’s Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams; Arrow’s Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy and Willa Holland; The Following’s Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy; Person of Interest’s Jonathan Nolan, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman; and Many More
BURBANK, Calif. (September 18, 2012) — 666 Park Avenue stars Terry O’Quinn (Lost) and Vanessa Williams (Desperate Housewives); Arrow stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Katie Cassidy(Supernatural) and Willa Holland (Gossip Girl); The Following stars Kevin Bacon (X-Men: First Class) andJames Purefoy (Rome); and Person of Interest creator/executive producer Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knighttrilogy) with series stars Michael Emerson (Lost), Taraji P. Henson (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and Kevin Chapman (Rescue Me) are among the many talented performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television series confirmed to attend New York Comic Con 2012 for panel sessions and autograph signings with fans on Saturday, October 13, and Sunday, October 14.
Highlights of WBTV’s participation at NYCC 2012 include:
- 666 Park Avenue (Sundays 10/9c ABC, series premiere September 30): Stars Terry O’Quinn(Lost), Vanessa Williams (Desperate Housewives), Rachael Taylor (Charlie’s Angels), Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters), Mercedes Masöhn (The Finder), Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill),Helena Mattson (Iron Man 2), Erik Palladino (ER) and Samantha Logan (Law & Order: SVU) and will join executive producers Matthew Miller (Chuck, Human Target) and David Wilcox (Fringe) to take fan questions after a special video presentation highlighting this sexy and seductive new drama
- Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c The CW, series premiere October 10): Stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural) and Willa Holland (Gossip Girl) will treat fans to a Q&A and special Arrow video presentation, just days after the series premiere of this hard-hitting action-drama
- The Following (Mondays, midseason, FOX): Stars Kevin Bacon (X-Men: First Class), James Purefoy (Rome), Annie Parisse (Person of Interest), Natalie Zea (Justified) and Shawn Ashmore(the X-Men films) will join forces with executive producer Marcos Siega (The Vampire Diaries) for a Q&A after a screening of the full-length pilot of this terrifying new thriller
- Person of Interest (Thursdays 9/8c CBS, season 2 premiere September 27): Series starsMichael Emerson (Lost), Taraji P. Henson (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and Kevin Chapman (Rescue Me) will join creator/executive producer Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knighttrilogy) to screen a special highlight reel and discuss upcoming episodes from year two of the #1 new series among Total Viewers for the 2011–12 season
- All autograph signings will take place in the DC Entertainment booth, #1238
- For continuing information about WBTV’s plans at New York Comic Con 2012, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use the #WBNYCC hashtag
Here is the complete WBTV New York Comic-Con schedule:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13
- 1:00 p.m.: Person of Interest Signing at the DC Entertainment booth, #1238
- 1:45–2:45 p.m.: Person of Interest Special Video Presentation and Cast/Producer Q&A in Room 1E13
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14
- 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.: Arrow Special Video Presentation and Cast/Producer Q&A in the IGN Theater
- 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.: 666 Park Avenue Special Video Presentation and Cast Q&A in Room 1E13
- 12:00–1:00 p.m.: The Following Pilot Screening and Cast/Producer Q&A in Room 1E07
- 12:30 p.m.: Arrow Signing at the DC Entertainment booth, #1238
- 1:30 p.m.: 666 Park Avenue Signing at the DC Entertainment booth, #1238
- 2:30 p.m.: The Following Signing at the DC Entertainment booth, #1238
WARNER BROS. KEYS UP THE EXCITEMENT AT COMIC-CON 2012
Studio Creating Over 40,000 Limited-Edition Collectible Hotel Keycards for New TV Series 666 Park Avenue, Arrow and Revolution
BURBANK, Calif. (June 18, 2012) — Warner Bros. Entertainment is the key to excitement at Comic-Con! The Studio has once again created a set of limited-edition collectible hotel keycards, which will be in use at top hotels throughout the San Diego area during Comic-Con 2012. This marks the fifth consecutive year for the popular room key program, giving fans instant access to a usable — and collectible — piece of artwork.
Over 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at 38 participating San Diego–area hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing.
For Comic-Con 2012, Warner Bros. has created all-new keycards for three of the Studio’s highly anticipated new fall series:
- The 666 Park Avenue keycard grants access to anything you desire — as long as it’s inside your room
- The Arrow keycard features star Stephen Amell as the Arrow in an all-new in-character photo
- The Revolution keycard opens hotel doors every time — no blackout here!
About the series:
- 666 Park Avenue: Anything you desire can be yours … for a price. Lost’s Terry O’Quinn andDesperate Housewives’ Vanessa Williams headline this scary, seductive drama from Alloy Entertainment as the owners of a Manhattan apartment building who recruit an idealistic young couple to manage the historic site with a dark history. The series also stars Rachael Taylor (Charlie’s Angels), Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters), Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), Mercedes Masohn (The Finder), Helena Mattsson (Iron Man 2) and Samantha Logan (Law & Order: SVU). Matthew Miller (Chuck), David Wilcox (Fringe), Leslie Morgenstein (The Vampire Diaries), Gina Girolamo (The Secret Circle) and Alex Graves (Fringe) are the executive producers. Based upon the book series by Gabriella Pierce and from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, 666 Park Avenue will air Sundays at 10/9c on ABC this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the 666 Park Avenue session on Friday, July 13.
- Arrow: From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action seriesArrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow is based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics and will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the Arrow session on Friday, July 13.
- Revolution: What would you do without it all? In Revolution, an epic adventure thriller fromSupernatural’s Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic landscape of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters where every single piece of technology — phones, computers, cars, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever. Revolution stars Billy Burke (Twilight films), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Anna Lise Phillips (Animal Kingdom), Zak Orth (Wet Hot American Summer), Graham Rogers (Memphis Beat), J.D. Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), David Lyons (The Cape), Maria Howell (The Vampire Diaries) and Tim Guinee (Iron Man films) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Fringe) and Bryan Burk (Fringe). Favreau directed the pilot and will serve as co-executive producer of the series, with Kathy Lingg (Fringe) and producer Athena Wickham (Fringe). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution will air Mondays at 10/9c on NBC this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the Revolution session on Saturday, July 14.
Warner Bros. TV Returns for SDCC 2012 with Arrow, DC Nation, Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural, Etc.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP BRINGS DEMON HUNTERS, VAMPIRES, HEROES AND MORE TO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2012
Stars and Producers of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Nikita, Person of Interest, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, 666 Park Avenue, Arrow, Cult, The Following, Revolution, Childrens Hospital, DC Nation and MAD to Appear
BURBANK, Calif. (June 7, 2012) — The world’s leading pop culture convention is set to begin in just over a month, and Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) will be back with a Bang at Comic-Con International: San Diego in 2012. With a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series and the Studio’s massive, must-visit booth on the convention floor, WBTVG will once again deliver an unforgettable experience for fans, with a packed schedule of screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
For the first time ever, The Big Bang Theory and Fringe panels will take place in Hall H!
Note to fans: For the first time, the Fringe panel will be held on Sunday at Comic-Con 2012
Hotly anticipated new series like Arrow, Revolution, 666 Park Avenue, Cult and The Following will all host panels, signings and screenings
And more surprises to come…
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here: http://comiccon.thewb.com/2012/WBSDCC2012SocialMediaContacts
Click here for series photography: http://comiccon.thewb.com/2012/WBSDCC2012Art
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11 • BALLROOM 20
For the fifth straight year, WBTVG gets Comic-Con off to a dramatic start by hosting a special sneak peek, world premiere screening event on Preview Night.
This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see five of the most anticipated new drama series of the year, for the first time ever in public.
666 Park Avenue (Sundays 10/9c ABC): Lost’s Terry O’Quinn and Desperate Housewives’ Vanessa Williams headline this seductive drama from Alloy Entertainment as the owners of a Manhattan apartment building who recruit an idealistic young couple to manage the historic site where anything you desire can be yours … for a price.
Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c The CW): From Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13, Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville, Supernatural, Game of Thrones), this hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.
Cult (Midseason The CW): In this visceral thriller from the creator of Farscape and the producers of Chuck, a bright and driven reporter teams up with an inquisitive television researcher to investigate a series of disturbing disappearances all tied to a wildly popular new television show called … Cult.
The Following (Midseason Mondays FOX): Golden Globe winner/Emmy® nominee Kevin Bacon and Rome’s James Purefoy star in this cat-and-mouse thriller from Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries) about a diabolical serial killer (Purefoy) and the psychologically scarred ex-FBI agent (Bacon) called in to stop him and the cult of serial killers he has created.
Revolution (Mondays 10/9c NBC): In this epic adventure thriller from Supernatural’s Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic landscape of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters where every single piece of technology — phones, computers, cars, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever.
TV SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks. Panel times will be announced in the coming weeks.
THURSDAY, JULY 12
MAD (Mondays 8:45/7:45c Cartoon Network): Get a glimpse behind the MADness with MAD television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek. Room 6DE
Nikita (Fridays 9/8c The CW): Series stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein. Room 6BCF6BCF
FRIDAY, JULY 13
The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c CBS): The Big Bang Theory gets even bigger —for the first time ever in Hall H! Series stars and executive producers will be on hand to answer burning questions (liftoff! handholding! was that really Mrs. Wolowitz?) and tease what’s to come in season six. Hall H
Cult: Things get scary on Friday the 13th with stars Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Alona Tal and Robert Knepper joining executive producer Rockne S. O’Bannon. Room 6BCF
666 Park Avenue: Familiarize yourself with the luxurious, yet mysterious, New York City high-rise known as The Drake with series stars Terry O’Quinn, Rachael Taylor and Dave Annable joining executive producers David Wilcox (Fringe) and Matthew Miller (Chuck). Room 6BCF
Arrow: Chills turn to thrills in this session when Arrow cast members, including Stephen Amell, join producers for a special pilot screening and discussion. Ballroom 20
Childrens Hospital (returning in August, Adult Swim): Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producer Jonathan Stern join stars Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel, Megan Mullally, Henry Winkler and Ken Marino. Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Indigo Ballroom
SATURDAY, JULY 14
The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c The CW): Seductive stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and more join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec. Ballroom 20
The Following: Series stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy join executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega. Room 6BCF
Person of Interest (Thursdays 9/8c CBS): The stars and creators of this smash hit drama series discuss season one and give a sneak preview at what’s to come. Room 6BCF
Revolution: Series stars Billy Burke, Giancarlo Esposito and Tracy Spiridakos join creator/executive producer Eric Kripke and director/co-executive producer Jon Favreau. Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 15
Supernatural (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW): Returning to Hall H are series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, joined by recurring guest stars Misha Collins, Jim Beaver and Mark A. Sheppard, as well as new executive producer Jeremy Carver and consulting producer Ben Edlund. Hall H
Fringe (Fridays 9/8c FOX): Celebrating its upcoming fifth and final season, Fringe has its first-ever Sunday panel at Comic-Con … in Hall H for the first time. Series stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join the show’s executive producers for the panel. Hall H
DC Nation (Saturdays 10:00–11:00 a.m. ET/PT Cartoon Network): Come get an exclusive sneak peek at what’s in store for this action-comedy packed programming block. Producers to be announced. Room 6BCF