Marv Wolfman, Peggy Wu, John Palisano, Del Howison, Lisa Morton, Tim Powers, Dennis Etchison, Larry Niven, William F. Nolan, Jason V. Brock, Sunni K. Brock, Wes Pollock, and more appear at Dark Delicacies on Sunday, August 28th at 2:00 pm to sign Scales & Tales, a charity anthology for The Southwestern Herpetologists Society, Star Paws Rescue, and Kit Crusaders.
3512 W. Magnolia, Burbank, CA 91505
August 10, 2016 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Anime, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Convention News, Cosplay, Massachusetts, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Video Games, Webcomics
Boston Comic Con kicks off the three-day comic book convention on Friday, August 12 to Sunday August 14!
Boston Comic Con Celebrity Guest list includes William Shatner, the original Captain James T. Kirk, whose appearance, along with Vic Mignogna, marks the celebration of Star Trek’s 50th anniversary. Also appearing are leading stars from top current TV shows including John Barrowman, Caity Lotz, Ciara Renee, Danielle Panabaker and Robbie Amell from CW’s Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash, Ben Mckenzie from Gotham, Elizabeth Henstridge from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Gillian Anderson from the X-Files and featuring special appearances from Doctor Who companions Jenna Coleman and Karen Gillan.
Frank Miller, the most celebrated creators in comic book history, headlines a stellar line-up of over 90 world class comic book artists and writers, including notable appearances by Sam Kieth and John Cassaday. Kieth is best known for his creator-owned titles The Maxx and Zero Girl and as co-creator of The Sandman. Cassady is a fan favorite artist with acclaimed runs on Planetary, Captain America, Astonishing X-Men and Marvel’s new Star Wars series. They join other famed artists such as Arthur Adams, Mike and Laura Allred, Greg Capullo, Amanda Conner, Terry Dodson, Phil Jimenez, Erik Larsen, Jae Lee, David Lloyd, Jimmy Palmiotti, Scott Snyder, Mark Waid, Marv Wolfman, Bernie Wrightson and many more.
On Friday, August 12, it’s Family Day where kids age 10 and under will receive free admission to the show featuring a variety of family friendly activities.
On Saturday, August 13, Mayor Marty Walsh will greet William Shatner and deliver a proclamation to the Star Trek legend. This will take place at 9:45 AM in the Harborview Ballroom at the Seaport World Trade Center. Also participating are Nick Kanieff and Jim Talbot, co-founders of Boston Comic Con.
On Sunday, August 14, the convention continues and includes one of the most anticipated events of the weekend, the annual Costume Contest on Sunday, August 14 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM in the Plaza Ballroom.
WHERE: Seaport World Trade Center
200 Seaport Boulevard
WHEN: Friday, August 12: 12:00PM – 8:00PM
Saturday, August 13: 10:00AM – 7:00PM
Sunday, August 14: 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Tickets and information available at the link: www.bostoncomiccon.com
Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 email@example.com
Fred Van Lente, writer of VALIANT Comics IVAR: TIMEWALKER and the upcoming GENERATION ZERO, appears at Captain Blue Hen Comics on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 from 3:00 – 6:00 PM. Pick up a copy of Fred’s new series WEIRD DETECTIVE from DARK HORSE Comics!
Captain Blue Hen Comics
280 E. Main Street, Newark, DE 19711
Writer Fred Van Lente (Incredible Hulk, Hercules, Timewalker, Action Philosophers) appears at Aw Yeah Comics on Saturday, June 18, 2016 from 1:00 till 3:00 PM for the release of Weird Detective, from Dark Horse Comics.
About Fred Van Lente:
Fred Van Lente is the #1 New York Times best-selling, award-winning writer of comics like Archer & Armstrong (Harvey Award nominee, Best Series), Action Philosophers! (American Library Association Best Graphic Novel for Teens), and Cowboys & Aliens (with Andrew Foley), the basis for the feature film. His many other titles include Resurrectionists, The Comic Book History of Comic Book History of Comics, The Incredible Hercules, Taskmaster, Marvel Zombies, and The Amazing Spider-Man.
Aw Yeah Comics
313 Halstead Ave, Harrison, NY 10528
Join MegaCon for an intimate and exclusive meet & greet event with legendary comic creator Stan Lee on Thursday May 26th at 9:00 PM! Includes, collectible badge and lanyard, autograph and the best selfie ever – bring your camera! NOTE: Admission to MegaCon is required to attend this special event. Tickets available at the link.
-Some Guests may charge additional fees for autographs and photo ops.
-Most Guests are available for the duration of the event, although some are only available for a portion i.e. a single day. Appearance day(s) will be posted on the website once confirmed by the Guest.
-Guest appearances subject to cancellation or schedule change, due to professional commitments.
-All events have a limited seating capacities and are offered on a first come, first served basis.
-All sales are final, no exchanges or refunds for any reason.
Free Comic Book Day 2016 is this Saturday May 7th at Cards, Comics & Collectibles – Baltimore County’s Premiere Comic Book Store and the Official News Source of the Baltimore Comic-Con! You don’t want to miss our amazing guests, giveaways, events, and FREE COMICS!
The full-day event kicks off with an awesome line-up of creators appearing at the store! Mark Morales, Matt Slay, and Steve Conley will be all signing autographs at the store throughout the day.
Mark Morales has established himself as one of the industry’s go-to inkers for major titles and events for the big publishers. He has inked a vast number of titles at Marvel Comics including, among many others, A+X, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers vs. X-Men, New Avengers, Secret Invasion, Sentry, Siege, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Thor, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine, X-Force, and X-Men. He has also done work for DC Comics on titles like Action Comics, Batman/Superman, JLA, New Suicide Squad, Prez, and Superman: The Man of Steel. He was also awarded the Harvey Award for Best Inker in 2009 and 2011.
Matt Slay has contributed to the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro Series: Leonardo. You can find his work gracing countless trading cards for Image, Cryptozoic, and Marvel, and more recently on covers from American Mythology Productions’ Equilibrium.
Award-winning designer, illustrator, and cartoonist Steve Conley has worked on such notable comics as Star Trek: Year Four (IDW), Michael Chabon’s Amazing Adventures of the Escapist (Dark Horse Comics), JLA-Z (DC Comics), and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (BOOM! Studios). Conley, who is also the creator of Astounding Space Thrills and the all-ages series Bloop (www.bloopstree.com), will be signing and sketching all day.
“We love giving away comics on Free Comic Book Day,” said Marc Nathan, owner of Cards, Comics & Collectibles. “It’s such a fantastic opportunity for the industry, where everyone walking in the store walks out with a comic, whether they’re a regular or just starting to read comics. We are delighted to host Mark, Matt, and Steve for this year’s signing, and the free comics we’ll be giving away are fantastic!”
Besides giving away free comic books, the store will have free Baltimore Comic-Con t-shirts to give away as well, and will offer 50% off modern and bronze age back issues, trade paperbacks, and hardcovers.
Join us on Saturday, May 7, 2016 as events kick off at 10:00am with store signings and, of course, FREE COMICS!
Cards, Comics & Collectibles is located at 100A Chartley Drive, Reisterstown, MD. For more information, please visit cardscomicscollectibles.com, our Facebook page, or call 410-526-7410.
The DALLAS COMIC SHOW returns to the Richardson Civic Center on August 6-7, 2016. We continue bringing the DFW area an affordable and family-friendly event featuring comic book creators, celebrity guests, anime, cosplayers and more. John Romita Jr. (ALL-STAR BATMAN) and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca in the STAR WARS films) kick off the guest list with many more to come. Information will be updated on www.dallascomicshow.com as details are confirmed.
The next Comic Art Con is just one month away and will be held on Sunday, April 3, at the Clarion Empire Meadowlands Hotel in Secaucus, NJ. Admission is only $10 and children under 12 are free! Show hours are 10:00 – 4:00 so be sure to arrive early and plan on spending the day. Parking is free and yes, the parking structure has been repaired so there will be plenty of on site parking and no need for the shuttle!
Now in its eighth year, Comic Art Con will once again be in the hotel’s massive 5000 square foot main ballroom. As usual, the sold out room will have 45 tables jammed packed with original comic book art from the biggest names in the hobby!
Vendors: Anthony Snyder, Bechara Maalouf, Will Gabri-EL, Frank Giella, Hans Kosenkranius, Jim Warden, Rich Donnelly, Albert Moy, Brad the Savage, Scott Eder, Mike Burkey, Dan Jerome, Zaddick Longenbach, ComicLink, ComicConnect, Tedd Kessler, Gene Park, Hake’s Americana
Guest Artist: Rudy Nebres is a Filipino comics artist who has worked mostly as an inker in the American comic book industry. Known for his lush, detailed inklines, Nebres’ most prolific period was in the late 1970s and the 1980s on titles including Doctor Strange, Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, and Savage Sword of Conan.
Also appearing will be Deadpool artist Reilly Brown! Mr. Brown will be appearing courtesy of his representative Anthony Snyder so be sure to stop by and see him at Anthony’s booth. For any questions regarding Mr. Brown, including purchasing published works and commissions, please contact Anthony Snyder through his website www.anthonyscomicbookart.com
Robert Wayne Dennis of Comic Art Restoration Services will also be setting up. Mr. Dennis is an expert in the area of comic art restoration, and text & logo stat reproduction and has years of experience in stat reproduction, cleaning, tape removal, tear seals, glue residue removal, and image reconstruction. If you have any questions in advance of the show, you can call him at (903)513-1326 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org . Robert can quote you a price on the spot and he will be accepting comic art in person at the show.
A few tables are available! We get contacted in the days and weeks before every event requesting tables but unfortunately we rarely have them as there is never any turnover from our existing vendors. For the first time we are offering a handful of tables in the lobby / staging area. These tables are outside the main ballroomand adjacent to where you check in. Cost is $150 and will be sold on a first come first serve basis with immediate payment required.
For more information please go to www.comicartshowcase.com or email us directly at email@example.com
Award-winning cartoonist Stan Sakai, creator of the Eisner-winning graphic novel series Usagi Yojimbo, appears at the Charles M. Schulz Museum on Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 2:00 PM to speak about his work and sign books.
Sakai has received five Eisner awards for Usagi Yojimbo, first published in 1984 and still continuing today. In addition, Sakai has received the 2014 Inkwell Award, 2007 Harvey Award, 2002 National Cartoonists Society Comic Book Division Awards, and the Cultural Ambassador Award from the Japanese American Museum, among many others. Sakai has also worked on projects including Bart Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror #7, Star Wars, and Marvel’s Strange Tales. He is also an award-winning letterer for his work on the Spider-Man comic strip and Sergio Aragones’ Groo the Wanderer.
Sakai will appear alongside Julie Fujii with whom he recently collaborated on a piece about Charlie Brown in Japan for the new Peanuts Tribute book.
Charles M. Schulz Museum
2301 Hardies Lane, Santa Rosa, CA 95403