Cecil Castellucci, author of Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure, appears at Barnes & Noble on Saturday March 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM when she is inducted into the 501st Legion by the Central Garrison. Join in the fun by dressing as your favorite character. If you love Star Wars you won’t want to miss this opportunity!
Barnes & Noble – HarMar Mall
2100 North Snelling Ave, Roseville, MN 55113
Cecil Castellucci, Michael Kogge, Cole Horton, and Adam Bray sign at Mysterious Galaxy Books on Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 9:30pm!
Rebels and Imperial loyalists are invited to our Galaxy for the midnight launch of Star Wars®: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, sure to offer the best insights into everything diehard fans have wondered about the Star Wars® universe, as they prepare for the advent of “Star Wars®: The Force Awakens,” premiering on December 18. Our festive evening will include photo opportunities, The Imperial Sands Garrison, a coloring station and activity sheets, two family-friendly trivia rounds, and a session with moderators Sarah and Richard, hosts of the popular “Skywalking Through Neverland” podcast, interviewing the authors, leading up to a climactic book signing when the books go on sale at midnight! Giveaways include Star Wars®: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know posters, assorted Star Wars® bookmarks, sticker sheets, DK Star Wars® “Be A Rebel. Read A Book.” t-shirts & tote bags, and other wonderful prizes.
Michael Kogge is an American screenwriter and author who has written for several Star Wars projects, and three books in the Star Wars Rebels series, Rise of the Rebels, The Rebellion Begins, and Droids in Distress, as well as an original epic comic, Empire of the Wolf.
Cole Horton is a 20th century historian and longtime member of the Star Wars community, and has served as historian for StarWars.com. Cole is active in the Star Wars fan community as an R2 Builder, member of the 501st Legion, and occasional collector.
Adam Bray, travel writer, journalist, explorer, and adventurer, is a contributor to 40 books on travel in Southeast Asia and called a ‘Modern Indiana Jones’ by CNN. Adam is the author of DK’s Star Wars: What Makes a Monster? and Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide.
Authoress and Artiste Cecil Castellucci is well known to Mysterious Galaxy readers. Very little is known about her new middle grade novel, Star Wars®: Journey to The Force Awakens: Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure, except that the warrior princess is featured front and center!
The Imperial Sands Garrison’s Mission is to keep the story of Star Wars alive for current and future generations by creating high-quality costumes and props based on the Star Wars universe, and to contribute to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work.
Mysterious Galaxy Books
5943 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92111
The Capital City Comic Con, greater Lansing’s first comic convention, will be held on May 2nd and 3rd, 2015 at Haslett High School! Guests include: Adam Talley, Matt Feazell, Rick Chambers, Daniel J. Hogan, Randall W. Scott, the 501st Legion, and the Lansing Derby Vixens!
Located in the heart of Michigan, Capital City Comic Con is conveniently located within an hour and half of some of Michigan’s largest cities, including metro-Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids and Jackson.
Check out www.capcitycomiccon.com for the latest news, purchase tickets, check out our gaming and cosplay, register for a booth, and more!
We welcome a variety of vendors, exhibitors and attendees, including comics, cards, games, action figures, memorabilia, books, movies, apparel, cosplayers and more!
Capital City Comic Con is committed to bringing an amazing, fun-filled weekend to the greater Lansing community.
To buy tickets, click the link, or download the EventBrite app to your mobile device. Save money on presale tickets and two-day passes!
Joe Schreiber appears at Barnes & Noble on Saturday October 11, 2014 at 2:00 PM to celebrate Star Wars Reads Day III! The book signing/discussion event will include some extra special guests from the 501st Legion Garrison Carida. May the Force be with you!
No advance registration required. The 501st Legion Garrison Carida will be joining us from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
Barnes & Noble – Red Rose Commons
1700 H Fruitville Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601
Comments Off on Jeremy Dale Appears at Captain’s Comic Expo 2014
Jeremy Dale, creator of Skyward, headlines this year’s Captain’s Comic Expo on Saturday March 8th from 10am – 5pm!
Captain’s Comic Expo is Charleston’s #1 comic book and pop culture convention! Hosted and organized by Captain’s Comics and Toys, the Expo unites a love of comic books with local and professional artists, movies, music, toys, tattoos, a jump castle, costumes, and other pop culture items. This community event is open to all ages with no comic book knowledge required and is only $5 at the door.
This year will feature a tattoo contest with epic prizes, free photo shoots with Star Wars characters (charity donations accepted), the debut of the 2014 Captain’s T-shirt, and more!
About Jeremy Dale:
Jeremy Dale is a comic book artist best known for his work on G.I. Joe comics for Hasbro with creator Larry Hama as well as the Harvey Award-winning Popgun v.1 from Image Comics and Miserable Dastards (recently optioned as a feature film). He is currently working on several projects, including the creator-owned Skyward series through Action Lab Entertainment. He is a featured guest at several shows, conventions, and signings every year.
Comments Off on MA – Star Wars Podcast Party
Starting at 1:00 PM on SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23RD, the Traveling the Jundland Wastes podcast will be recording from the sales floor at New England Comics Norwood! But that’s not all… they’re bringing with them Star Wars: Shadows of Endor artist Zack Giallongo, and The 501st Legion! Come meet the TJW hosts, Zack, and give thanks to the fine Imperial soldiers of the 501st for keeping you safe by crushing rebel scum! Kids are encouraged to come in Star Wars costume, with prizes for the best entrants!
New England Comics
732 Washington Street, Norwood, MA 02062
Comments Off on PA – Star Wars: Red Harvest Signing
Author Joe Schreiber signs at Barnes & Noble on Saturday October 5, 2013 at noon.
Join us for Star Wars Reads Day on Saturday, October 5, with costume contests, trivia, Origami Yoda crafts and more. In addition to hosting Joe Schreiber, we’ll be welcoming the 501st Legion Garrison Carida! Meet your favorite Star Wars character!
Schedule of events:
12:15 pm, Origami Yoda in our Children’s Department
12:45 pm, Star Wars Trivia Contest in our Children’s Department
1:00 to 3:00 pm, 501st Legion Garrison Carida in Music and Children’s
2:00 to 4:00 pm, book signing with Joe Schreiber in Music
1:30 pm, Star Wars Costume Contest
Barnes & Noble – Red Rose Commons
1700 H Fruitville Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601
Comments Off on MN – Star Wars Reads Day 2013
Join authors Troy Denning and Daniel Wallace along with the 501st Legion Central Garrison for a celebration of Star Wars and reading. Book discussions, activities and photo opportunities with characters from Star Wars on Saturday October 05, 2013 at 2:00 PM for Star Wars Reads Day!
Barnes & Noble
HarMar Mall, 2100 North Snelling Ave, Roseville, MN 55113
Comments Off on Wizard World Welcomes Fan Groups to Philadelphia Comic Con 2013
Fan-Demonium! ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Star Trek,’ ‘Firefly/Serenity,’ Cosplay Groups At Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, May 30 – June 2
‘Ghostbusters,’ LEGO Enthusiasts Also Add To The Festivites At Pennsylvania Convention Center
NEW YORK and PHILADELPHIA, April 23, 2013 – Wizard World shows are all about the fan experience. Attendees needn’t be shocked if they run into scores of Wookiees, Captain Kirks, Kaylee Fryes or any other costumed characters, as enthusiasts of Star Wars, “Star Trek,” “Firefly”/Serenity and other cosplay groups are among the more than a dozen fan communities that will be roaming the floor at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, May 30 – June 2 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Organizations representing fans of the Ghostbusters franchise and LEGO will also attend, along with noted cosplayers like Eric “The Smoke” Moran, Ivy Doomkitty, David Santiago and many others. The Wizard World Cosplay Stage will be the focal point for members of these groups and thousands of other fans who will get their cosplay on over the four days. Flashes will be popping, with fans of all ages and costumes of all types strutting their stuff.
Some of the highlight groups setting up at the event include:
- 501st Garrison Carida, a Pennsylvania, Delaware, and West Virginia based Star Wars costuming group that is part of the world’s definitive Imperial costuming organization.
- Alliance Live Action Role Playing, dedicated to recreating the Days of Legend as we would like them to be. Around since 1989, Alliance LARP is one of the largest live action fantasy medieval games with over a dozen active chapters in the United States and Canada.
- DelVaLUG, the Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group, consisting of Adult Fans of LEGO® (AFOLs) dedicated to the infinite imaginative possibilities of the iconic interlocking plastic building brick.
- Imperial Klingon Forces NasToj, the world’s leading resource for Klingon costuming and culture. Through its website and Facebook page, the Imperial Klingon Forces (IKF) foster a community of Warriors to portray the Klingon lifestyle.
- Mav Oya’la Clan of the Mandalorian Mercs, whose goal is to provide a nexus for Mandalorian costumers, giving them a collective identity and representation within the Star Wars costuming community.
- NY Jedi, a community of sci-fi fans, actors, martial artists, costumers and performers who share a particular passion for Saber fight choreography.
- NYC Cosplayer Network, a multi-genre cosplay group, where many design and create their own costumes and props. The group conducts workshops on costuming, makes convention appearances, volunteers, hosts costumed themed affairs and more.
- Pennsylvania Browncoats, a group of several hundred “Firefly”/Serenity fans located in or near Pennslvania, which organizes social events like camping and TV nights, as well as “Can’t Stop the Serenity (CSTS),” a screening of Serenity to raise money for charity.
- Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society, whose goals are to enhance the collecting experience of members, share information to become better collectors, create a network for valuable items, interact and socialize in appreciation of Star Wars collectibles and culture.
- Philadelphia Ghostbusters, a local Ghostbusters franchise that helps to raise money for various charities and makes special appearances at events. Who ya’ gonna call?
- Saber Guild, a voluntary non-profit costumed performance group of Star Wars enthusiasts, appearing in various events as a way of helping non-profit organizations and spread the joy of Star Wars to others.
- “Star Wars: In Character,” a podcast that takes a closer look at some of the more obscure characters in the Star Wars universe. Backstories, histories, and details fans never knew, wanted to know, or ever needed to know about some of the saga’s most overlooked characters.
- Take Back the Sky, a public outreach initiative to educate science fiction fans and other passionate, naturally curious people about the issues impacting manned spaceflight.
- U.S.S. Iwo Jima, an independent science fiction fan group based on a Star Trek theme, located in the Greater New York City Area which includes the five boroughs, Northern New Jersey, lower Westchester, southern Rockland and lower Fairfield counties.
- U.S.S. Moebius, NCC 4744393, a chapter of STARFLEET, International, representing a fictional Starfleet vessel, specifically a Wells Class Timeship, in the Star Trek universe. Its members assume the role of various personnel serving as crew aboard the starship.
- U.S.S. Navras, a correspondence chapter of STARFLEET, The International Star Trek Fan Association, Inc., meaning that men, women, and children from all over the world can actively join and participate in what the organization has to offer.
- U.S.S. Sovereign, NCC-75000, the local ship chapter affiliated with Star Fleet International in Philly for 23 years. A Star Trek club which costumes and celebrate many scifi genres, Trek being the favorite. USS Sovereign also raises funds for various charities.
- Cosplayers including Eric “The Smoke” Moran, Ivy Doomkitty, David Santiago, AllieCat Cosplay, Soni Aralynn, Brian Gregory, Brin Londo, Ruby Rinekso, Brian A. Terranova and Michael “Knightmage” Wilson.
“Castle” star Nathan Fillion, fellow “Serenity” and Firefly headliner Summer Glau, Eisner Award Hall of Famer Stan Lee and WWE® Superstars John Cena® and Daniel Bryan® are at the top of a standout roster of celebrity guests scheduled to appear at the event. It is the third in the 2013 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) and will also feature a top-drawer collection of well-known artists and writers and a variety of activities, exhibitors and special attractions.
Superstar comics creators scheduled to attend include Bryan Hitch (“America’s Got Powers,” “Wolverine”), Salvador Larroca (“Avengers vs. X-Men,” “Captain America”), Leinil Yu(“Hulk,” “Fantastic Four”), Howard Chaykin (“New Avengers,” “Iron Man”) and Barry Kitson (“Thor,” “Spider-Man”).
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con show hours are Thursday, May 30, 3-8 p.m.; Friday, May 31, noon – 7 p.m.; Saturday, June 1, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sunday, June 2, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more on the 2013 Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/
About Wizard World:
Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.
***** SAVE THE 2013-14 DATES *****
May 30 – June 2 – Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con
June 28-30 – Wizard World New York City Experience
August 8-11 – Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
September 20-22 – Wizard World Ohio Comic Con
October 18-20 – Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
November 22-24 – Wizard World Austin Comic Con
January 24-26, 2014 – Wizard World Portland Comic Con
February 7-9, 2014 – Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
April 4-6, 2014 – Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con
Comments Off on LA – Free Comic Book Day 2013
Meet comic book creators Jason Pearson, Vernon Smith, Tim Lattie, Robby Musso, and more on Saturday May 4, 2013 for Free Comic Book Day!! Take pictures with Star Wars characters from the 501st and Rebel Legion!
Media Underground Comics
4953 West Napoleon, Metairie, LA 70001