The MASSive Comic Con returns to the DCU Center in Worcester, MA on Saturday June 24th & Sunday 25th for more comic book and pop culture fun!
Artist Alley is packed with the some of the best talent in the comics industry, including Writers, Artists and Publishers. Our guests will be available for sketches, commissions and autographs, as well as participating on panel discussions and workshops! Guests include:
- Amanda Conner; artist/writer Harley Quinn, SuperZero
- Jimmy Palmiotti: writer Harley Quinn, SuperZero
- Stephane Roux; artist Zatanna
- Megan Hutchison; artist Rockstars
- Tim Townsend; artist/inker Doctor Strange
- Dave Johnson; artist DC, Marvel
- Paul Mounts; artist/colorist DC, Marvel, Image
- Cully Hamner; artist Blue Beetle, Red
- Billy Tucci; artist/writer Crusade Fine Arts, Shi
- Nelson Faro DeCastro; artist DC, Marvel
- Frank Tieri; writer DC, Marvel
- Ming Doyle; artist DC, Marvel
- Jonathan Glapion; artist/inker Reborn
- John Gallagher; artist The Flash
- Robert Pope; artist Peanuts
- Robert Atkins; artist GI Joe
- Alex Saviuk; artist Spider-Man
- Agnes Garbowska; artist DC Super Hero Girls
- Amanda Deibert; writer Wonder Woman ’77
- Cat Staggs; artist Adventures of Supergirl, Crosswind
- John Timms; artist Harley Quinn
- Kenneth Rocafort; artist Superman
- Mark McKenna; artist Combat Jacks
- Christy Blanch; writer Aw Yeah Comics
- Franco; artist Tiny Titans
- Scoot; artist Aw Yeah Comics
- Brian Atkins; artist Family Graves
- Ed Smith; artist Tellos tribute book
- Ben Bishop; artist The Aggregate
- Sal Otero; artist TMNT, Until We Sleep
- Ron Leary; artist Heavy Metal
- Hyunsung “Creees” Lee; artist Freelance art & Design
- Scott Hamilton; artist Custom Caricatures
- Chris Campana; writer/artist First World
- Bill Walko; artist The Hero Business
- Bob Salley; writer/creator Salvagers
- Jeff Kline; writer/producer/publisher Darby Pop Publishing
Anime Boston, the largest anime convention in New England, hits town this weekend and just in time has released the full event schedule for signings, screenings, cosplay events, fan panels, and more: www.animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule
- Concerts with J-pop stars Puffy Ami Yumi and OKAMOTO’S
- the North American debut of Sword Art Online – Ordinal Scale including a Q&A with voice actors Cherami Leigh (Asuna), Michelle Ruff (Sinon), and Patrick Seitz (Agil)
- the East Coast Premiere of special JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE episodes
- Attack on Titan special events
- Sailor Moon & Shingo Natsume Special Events
- Anonymous Noise World Premiere
- “Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?” Launch Event
- Signings with guests:
- Japanese Guests
- Voice Acting Guests
- Industry Guests
- Musical Guests
Author John Scalzi (Old Man’s War, Redshirts) appears at Brookline Booksmith to sign The Collapsing Empire on Wednesday April 5th at 7:00 PM.
279 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446
WWE Superstar Sasha Banks appears at Friendly Neighborhood Comics on Friday April 14th at 3:30 PM and the first 300 fans are guaranteed to receive an autograph. Attendance requires purchase of our Sasha Banks limited edition WWE #1 comics!
Friendly Neighborhood Comics
191 Mechanic Street (Route 140), Bellingham, MA 02019
Director John Waters appears in conversation with novelist Chris Castellani at the Coolidge Corner Theatre on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
When John Waters delivered his gleefully subversive advice about making a living as a creative person to the graduates of the Rhode Island School of Design, the speech went viral. Now we all can enjoy his sly wisdom that reminds us to embrace chaos, be nosy, and outrage outdated critics. Buy tickets in-store or at our eventbrite. This event will take place at the Coolidge Corner Theatre. This event is co-sponsored by GrubStreet.
- Tickets are $5 or free with the pre-order of Make Trouble
- Tickets may be purchased online or in-store
- The reading will take place at the Coolidge Corner Theatre
- The line at the theatre will form at 5:30pm
- Present your printed Eventbrite ticket for entry to the theatre
- John’s and Chris’s conversation at the theatre will last an hour
- John will follow with a book signing at Brookline Booksmith
Coolidge Corner Theatre
290 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446-2908
Fans will get a sneak peak at the most anticipated shoujo anime series of the Spring 2017 anime season. Based on the hit manga written by Ryoko Fukuyama, Anonymous Noise will make its world premiere in the USA at an exclusive, one-time screening at Anime Boston 2017.
Sentai Filmworks will host this special screening of the first episode of Anonymous Noise on Saturday April 1, 2017 in the Grand Ballroom of Sheraton Boston from 3:30 PM EDT to 4:30 PM EDT. The free screening is available to the first one-thousand registered Anime Boston attendees to line up. Attendees will also receive a free gift and be entered for a chance to win surprise giveaways at the showing.
Sentai Filmworks describes the series:
“Blessed with a beautiful voice, Nino only sings for one reason: to be found. Nino finds herself looking for two boys who left her without reason, Momo and Yuzu. By chance, all three of them end up in the same high school, and Nino discovers that her singing isn’t in vain. As they rediscover their bonds, the group realizes that time changes many things, and sometimes certain things can’t be repaired.”
About Sentai Filmworks, LLC
Sentai Filmworks is a leading global supplier of anime and official anime merchandise, distributing and curating one of the industry’s most diverse libraries of top trending and classic titles. Offering thousands of hours of content across both traditional and digital platforms, Sentai is dedicated to bringing captivating stories and iconic characters directly from Japan. With hit series that include Parasyte –the maxim–, No Game, No Life, Food Wars!, Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, and Akame Kill!, Sentai’s catalog continues to grow with new favorites like Himouto! Umaru-chan and Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls, as well as classic anime series such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes. For more information, visit www.sentaifilmworks.com.
Join us on Saturday, April 8th for the fourth annual Beverly Comic Con hosted at Porter Mill Studios!
Free to the public, family friendly and jam packed with local comic creators and unique vendors. Original art, posters, prints, handmade collectibles, t-shirts, graphic novels and of course comic books, will all be on hand for this one of a kind event.
Free admission with plenty of parking across the street at the garage.
Doors open to the public at 10am.
Robert Gill – DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Valiant Comics
Braden Lamb – Boom Studios, First Second Books
Shelli Paroline – Boom Studios, First Second Books
Live music –
DJ Noel Snow
DJ Radio Scotvoid
Live art –
Magic Show –
The Impossible Ivan Demarjian
Artists and vendors –
David J. Leblanc
Flying Saucer Pizza Company
House of Roulx
Joe Haley & TJ Dort
Montserrat College of Art
Paper Asylum Comics and Collectibles
Whalom Painting & Woodcraft
Studios at Porter Mill
95 Rantoul Street, Beverly, MA 01915
Artist Roger Andrews opens an exhibition of art at the Colo Colo Gallery on Thursday March 30th at 6:00 PM.
Colo Colo Gallery
101 W Rodney French Blvd, New Bedford, MA 02744
Director/Co-writer Charlie McDowell and actor Jason Segel appear in person for a Q&A after a screening of THE DISCOVERY on Tuesday March 21st at 7:30 PM.
What would you do if there was proof of an afterlife? The answer to this question is rivetingly explored in THE DISCOVERY, where world-renowned physicist Doctor Thomas Harber (Robert Redford) is able to scientifically prove the existence of an afterlife—but with dire consequences. His estranged son, Will (Jason Segel), tries to confront the situation by returning to the New England–esque island where he grew up. He crosses paths with Isla (Rooney Mara), who’s returning to the island for mysterious reasons of her own. The tale unfolds over the ensuing days as the regret of past choices forces these lost characters to reflect on how they’ve gotten to where they are.
Director/co-writer Charlie McDowell (THE ONE I LOVE) returns with another metaphysical thriller that uses a fascinating premise as a launching point to explore complex issues in a deftly absorbing fashion. Enlisting a world-class cast who use their unique qualities to infuse humor and humanity, THE DISCOVERY plays to both the head and the heart.
- Admission is FREE
- Passes are required. Download and print your pass. (Adobe Acrobat is required to open and print the pass.)
- Please arrive early. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis and is NOT guaranteed. Theatre is not responsible for seating over capacity.
- Presented by IFF Boston
Coolidge Corner Theatre
290 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446-2908
March 16, 2017 by Joe Fauvel
Filed under Animation, Collectibles, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Convention News, Cosplay, Gaming, Horror, Manga, Massachusetts, Movies, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Sports, Television, Video Games, Webcomics
Visit they website here!