LEGENDARY AT SDCC 2014
At Comic-Con 2014, we invite our fans to ‘step inside our worlds’.
We will be at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 hosting a booth on the show floor, holding a panel in Hall H, and much more. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for the latest announcements and updates. We know everyone can’t make it to Comic-Con so we will be covering all the activities through photos & videos, and hosting fan giveaways on our social accounts during and after Comic-Con. Keep an eye out!
Booth Location: #3920
We have worked with master filmmaker Guillermo del Toro to bring his incredible imagination to life, delivering two unique fan experiences for Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak. The booth hosts unique physical props from the hotly anticipated Warcraft, giving fans an exclusive first look right out of the world of the film. Additionally the booth offers previews of Legendary’s upcoming psychological thriller As Above/So Below and the new catalogue of titles from Legendary Comics.
Crimson Peak Gothic Gallery
Step inside the imagination of Guillermo del Toro with The Gothic Gallery, an immersive handcrafted exhibit from master filmmaker. This exclusive fan experience offers a glimpse behidnd the curtain of Crimson Peak, through an intimate set piece of the gothic haunted house he is creating… Beware Crimson Peak!
Head to facebook.com/CrimsonPeakMovie to view images of the Gothic Gallery and sign up for a chance to win an exclusive tour of the Gothic Gallery with the visionary filmmaker Guillermo del Toro.
Visit the Legendary Booth to experience the Gothic Gallery.
Pacific Rim Jaeger Pilot
We have worked closely with the leading pioneers of virtual reality, Oculus VR, to deliver a new benchmark in Oculus Rift experiences.
Fans will experience what it feels like to pilot a 250-story robot as they step into a fully-realized Jaeger Combat Simulator. Strapping on the Oculus Rift headset, fans will ‘Drift with the Rift’ and experience the beloved universe of Pacific Rim in a whole new way.
Watch this video and visit the Legendary Booth at 9 am daily for tickets. First come, first served.
Signing with Warcraft Director Duncan Jones
Legendary and Warcraft fans now have the chance to meet director Duncan Jones, the man responsible for bringing Warcraft to the big screen. Duncan Jones will be doing a signing on Saturday 7/26 at 2 pm at the Blizzard Booth (#115). Tickets will be handed out that morning at 11 am on a first come, first served basis at the Blizzard Booth.
Legendary’s Film Panel – Hall H
Date: Saturday, July 26
Time: 12:35 pm
During our panel, we will be live tweeting from Hall H. Follow along here:@Legendary.
The Batfleck costume, Avengers and Ant-Man posters, a tour of the Sideshow Collectibles booth and a lot more in our first SDCC Digest for 2014.
Marvel will be broadcasting live from the San Diego Comic-Con each day via YouTube, and we have their live stream for you right here.
Thursday July 24 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Friday July 25 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Saturday July 26 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Sunday July 27 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
On Friday July 25th from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Marky will be at the IDW Publishing Booth 2643 signing “Killogy” Comics (free while supply lasts).On Saturday, July 26th from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Marky will be appearing on the Comic Con Panel “Comics & Pop Music!” taking place in Room 28DE. This hour-long program brings together comic creators and musical innovators to discuss their work combining the worlds of music and comic booksDepth Of Field Magazine is proud to present Comics And Pop Music!, a panel discussion at San Diego Comic-Con. This program features an all-star selection of creators, publishers, and musicians discussing the historical ties between popular music and comics, the two forms’ shared passions and common inspirations, and how these two media continue to inform and impact each other in the 21st century.
Patrick Reed (editor of Depth Of Field Magazine) will moderate, and panelists include musical legend Marky Ramone (drummer of The Ramones, Grammy Award winner, Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductee, star of IDW’s ‘Killogy’ series), Vivek J. Tiwary and Andrew Robinson (the creative team of the NY Times-bestselling, Eisner Award-nominated ‘The Fifth Beatle’), Chynna Clugston-Flores (creator of ‘Blue Monday’ and ‘Scooter Girl’), Jennifer de Guzman (writer, director of trade book sales at Image Comics), Matthew Rosenberg (writer of Ghostface Killah’s ’12 Reasons To Die’), Alex Segura (VP of publicity for Archie Comics, author of ‘Archie Meets Kiss’), and other special guests.
See more at: http://www.markyramone.com
For those not attending Comic Con International, Marky will be doing an in store appearance and signing at FeeLit Records on E Street in San Diego on Thursday July 24th from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM PST.
After Comic Con Saturday Night July 26, 2014: Marky Ramone Til-Two After Party. Marky Ramone will DJ an exclusive set along with performances by Wild Records Recording Artists The Black Mambas, Rock the House and Gizzelle Andrea Becerra. For more information and tickets click on the photo below.
July 23, 2014 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Anime, California, Comic Books, Comic-Con International, Convention News, Horror, Manga, Movies, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Video Games, Webcomics
All creators signing in our booth offer their autographs for FREE. FREE prints, comics, or posters are provided for most of our signings (while supplies last). You may purchase or bring items to be signed; however, we may restrict the type or number of items to be signed as necessary.
6:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Gene Luen Yang appears at Mission: Comics & Art on Saturday, August 16th at 6:00 pm to sign his new graphic novel THE SHADOW HERO!
Mission: Comics & Art
3520 20th St. Suite B, San Francisco, CA 94110
A look at Comic-Con and some of the activities going on outside of the convention center, including a Gotham-themed zip line.
ANGRY BIRDS FLY TO COMIC-CON WITH STELLA, TRANSFORMERS AND, OF COURSE, COMICS! #SDCC
Espoo, Finland — July 17th 2014 – Angry Birds will soon be flying South to this year’s San Diego Comic-Con to meet our fans and present our brand new cinematic trailers for Angry Birds Transformers and Angry Birds Stella. To celebrate the world’s most impressive comic bash, we are issuing new Angry Birds Comics with IDW with an exclusive variation issue cover!
Outside the Convention Center both fans and media can hang out with Angry Birds Stella at the Stella Pop Up Experience in Petco Park – no badge required! Come and experience Angry Birds Stella, enjoy refreshments in our lounge, print out custom shirts while charging your phone, see the first gameplay demo of the upcoming game. Plus, if you drop by in an Angry Birds Stella inspired costume, you are in for an exclusive giveaway.
Earlier this summer we announced our epic collaboration with Hasbro on Angry Birds Transformers. Fans and media are welcome to visit the Hasbro booth inside the Convention Center to see the Comic-Con exclusive trailer – more information to follow!
Of course, a Comic-Con visit wouldn’t be complete without some comics! IDW has put out limited edition Comic-Con exclusive variants of the new Angry Birds Comics. Check out their booth inside the Convention Center for comic giveaways and signings. Also be sure to drop by the Kids Comics panel on Sunday the 27th July at 10 – 11am in Room 4.
About Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
Rovio Entertainment Ltd, the creator of Angry Birds™, is a global industry-changing entertainment media company headquartered in Finland that creatively combines digital with physical, breaking the boundaries of traditional content delivery. What started as a casual game in 2009 became an international phenomenon within a few months of its release. Today Angry Birds is not only the most downloaded game of all time, it is a worldwide known entertainment brand reaching out into publishing, licensing, animations, books and location based entertainment. Rovio’s animated Angry Birds feature film is slated for July, 2016. www.rovio.com
DC Entertainment to Present Ultimate Collection of Panels and Signing Events from Comic Industry’s Biggest Stars at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014
Superstar Creative Team Geoff Johns and John Romita, Jr. Harness Their Talents For SUPERMAN
Grant Morrison To Unleash Brilliant, Highly Anticipated THE MULTIVERSITY Limited Series
Spotlight Shines On New Husband/Wife WONDER WOMAN Creative Team David and Meredith Finch
Comic book fans will cheer for DC Entertainment’s (DCE) list of all-star comic talent and must-attend panels scheduled for Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014. The largest English-language publisher and the leader in digital comics innovation, DCE’s impressive slate of events, announcements and giveaways is sure to thrill fans.
In addition to the milestone 75th anniversary of Batman, DCE will present an all-star line-up of industry icons who will reveal details on highly-anticipated new projects. The 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will serve as the hub for both signings and artist demos, and will be the go-to place for fans to interact with some of the best writers and artists in the business. For fans who can’t make the Con DCComics.com is the go-to place for behind the scenes coverage and in-depth interviews.
DCE has created a schedule filled with top panels giving fans an array of guest appearances, announcements, and exclusives.
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow – DCE Chief Creative Officer and groundbreaking comic writer Geoff Johns and acclaimed artist John Romita, Jr. will combine their luminary talents to present an all new era for SUPERMAN. Joined by Aaron Kuder (ACTION COMICS), Charles Soule (SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN) Ken Lashley (SUPERMAN DOOMED) and others, this exciting panel will explore what’s in store for the Man of Steel. Plus, don’t miss Johns, Romita Jr. and SUPERMAN inker Klaus Janson’s signing on Thursday from 6-7pm at the DCE booth (wristbands to be handed out Thursday morning in DCE booth). PanelSaturday 11:15am Room 6DE
- The Multiversity Enrollment – After months of anticipation, creative genius Grant Morrison will unveil his brilliantly intricate limited series THE MULTIVERSITY. Bringing together characters from 52 alternate Earths of the DC Multiverse, fans will finally get their chance to preview the groundbreaking series from one of the biggest names in the industry. Morrison will signing in the DCE booth on Thursday from 2-3pm (wristbands to be handed out Thursday morning in DCE booth). Panel Friday 3pm Room 6DE
- Champions Of Justice – The fate of DC Comics’ most famous heroine, WONDER WOMAN, will now rest with the real-life husband and wife creative team of writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch. Take a look at their plans for the thrilling, action-packed series in this special, star–studded panel. An absolute highlight for comic fans, the event also features Geoff Johns (SUPERMAN) Jeff Lemire (FUTURES END), Charles Soule, Robert Venditti (THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN), and Van Jensen (GREEN LANTERN CORPS). PanelFriday 11:15am Room 6DE
- Vertigo: Defy Conventions – Dive into the genre-defying titles from Vertigo with Mark Buckingham on the final storyline of the long-running, fan-favorite series FABLES, the next installment in Neil Gaiman’s celebrated THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE, Scott Snyder’s plans for the hugely popular AMERICAN VAMPIRE series, Tula Lotay on the newly announced, mind-bending mystery BODIES, and Lee Bermejo on his upcoming series SUICIDERS. Panel Thursday 6pm Room 5AB
- DC Digital: Download This! – An industry leader in digital comics, join some of the stars of DC Digital’s hottest series including director Kevin Smith and KROQ radio personality Ralph Garman on their new BATMAN ’66 MEETS THE GREEN HORNET series, Marc Guggenheim on his smash hit ARROW: SEASON 2.5 series based on the fan-favorite TV show, Kyle Higgins on BATMAN BEYOND 2.0, Cat Staggs on the exciting SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN anthology, info on what’s to come within INFINITE CRISIS, INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR 2, and more! Panel Thursday 2pm Room 6DE
- DC Comics – No Boundaries! – Brought to you by the superstar team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, HARLEY QUINN is set to be the belle of the Con with their special one-shot HARLEY QUINN INVADES SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON. Plus, dive into the exciting adventures of NEW SUICIDE SQUAD with Sean Ryan, learn more about mysterious GRAYSON with Tim Seeley and Tom King, and find out what’s in store for TEEN TITANS.Panel Friday 4:15pm Room 6DE
- Mad About MAD – Meet the Usual Gang Of Idiots as MAD Magazine presents their latest spoofs that are sure to keep the crowds laughing! Panel Thursday 5:30pm Room 4
- Major signings – throughout the Con, DC Entertainment’s booth will host dozens of signings with key talent, including:
- Jim Lee (Thursday 10-11am, Friday 11-12pm, Saturday 6-7pm, Sunday 1-2pm – wristbands handed out each morning in the booth).
- Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo (Thursday 12:30-1:30pm, Friday 12:30-1:30pm, Saturday 11-12pm – wristbands handed out each morning in the booth).
- And many more! Visit DCComics.com or download the DCE events app for a full panel schedule.
- Fans will be able to pick up a wide variety of items exclusively available at this year’s Comic-Con – including variant cover editions of some of DC Comics’ most popular series. The Graphitti Designs booth (#2314) will feature variant editions of BATMAN #32, GRAYSON #1, SUPERMAN #32, and two versions of HARLEY QUINN INVADES COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL #1, as well as a JOKER: DEATH OF THE FAMILY mask and a Harley Quinn cross-body purse. DCE will also offer exclusive variants for the first time ever at Diamond retailers with a SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? #47 comic and DC Collectibles’ BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY Harley Quinn statue.
Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment signings, panels and stage events at San Diego Comic-Con.
Howard Chaykin appears at Barnes & Noble to sign Satellite Sam on Saturday August 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble
Ventura Gateway, 4820 Telephone Road, Ventura, CA 93003