SYFY ANNOUNCES 2015 STAR-STUDDED SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL COMIC-CON PANELS, FEATURING THE EXPANSE, CHILDHOOD’S END, 12 MONKEYS, DOMINION, Z NATION AND SHARKNADO 3!
NEW YORK – June 16, 2015 – Syfy today announced five star-studded 2015 San Diego International Comic-Con panels and two exclusive screenings, showcasing The Expanse, Childhood’s End, 12 Monkeys, Dominion, Z Nation and Sharknado 3. The schedule includes:
THURSDAY, JULY 9
SCREENING: 8:15pm – 10:00pm | Room 6DE
All hell is breaking loose as the battle between angels and mankind continues in a second season of Syfy’s hit show Dominion. Join executive producer Vaun Wilmott for an exclusive screening of the first two episodes of Season 2. See episode 2 one week before it premieres on Syfy!
FRIDAY, JULY 10
SHARKNADO 3: OH HELL NO!
PANEL: 7:15pm – 8:15pm | Room 6A
Join stars Ian Ziering (Fin Shepard), Tara Reid (April Wexler), Cassie Scerbo (Nova Clarke) and David Hasselhoff (Gil Shepard), director Anthony C. Ferrante and writer Thunder Levin for a fin-tastic behind-the-scenes journey into the global pop culture sensation followed by a Q&A session. Moderated by Damian Holbrook of TV Guide Magazine.
SATURDAY, JULY 11:
PANEL: 11:00am – 12:00pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel
Based on the Arthur C. Clarke classic novel, the upcoming six-hour miniseries stars Mike Vogel (Bates Motel), Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck), Daisy Betts (Last Resort), and Yael Stone (Orange is the New Black). The cast will be on hand along with screenwriter Matthew Graham (Doctor Who) to discuss how they brought the iconic novel to the screen for the very first time.
PANEL: 12:00pm – 1:00pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel
Join executive producers Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett, and stars Aaron Stanford (James Cole), Amanda Schull (Dr. Cassandra Railly), Kirk Acevedo (Ramse), Barbara Sukowa (Jones), Emily Hampshire (Jennifer Goines) and Todd Stashwick (Deacon) of Syfy’s critically-acclaimed series as they dissect the mysteries of the first season and hint at the twists and turns coming in Season 2. Moderated by Natalie Abrams of Entertainment Weekly.
SCREENING AND PANEL: 4:00pm – 5:30pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel
Join the cast members Thomas Jane (The Punisher), Steven Strait (Magic City), Shohreh Aghdashloo (The House of Sand and Fog), Cas Anvar (Olympus), Dominique Tipper (Vampire Academy) and Wes Chatham (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay) and executive producers Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby and Naren Shankar for a first-ever, exclusive screening of the series premiere before it airs on Syfy in December! The Expanse is set 200 years in the future after mankind has colonized the solar system. The show is based on The New York Times bestselling book series.
Moderated by book author James S.A. Corey (Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck).
PANEL: 5:30pm – 6:30pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel
Dust off the Z-Whackers and join cast members DJ Qualls (Citizen Z), Kellita Smith (Warren), Keith Allan (Murphy), Russell Hodgkinson (Doc), Nat Zang (10K) and Anastasia Baranova (Addy) and executive producer Karl Schaefer of fan-favorite zombie show, Z Nation, as they provide a behind-the-scenes look at what fans can expect to see this fall when Season 2 premieres on Syfy. Moderated by Z Nation writer-producer Craig Engler.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Creator Kazuki Takahashi Makes His First Appearance At Comic-Con International: San Diego
World-Renowned Manga Artist Headlines Panel Discussion and Meets with Fans for Autograph Signing
NEW YORK, June 10, 2015 — Sure to cause unprecedented excitement among anime and pop culture fans, Kazuki Takahashi, the world-renowned manga artist and creator of Yu-Gi-Oh!, will make his first U.S. public appearance at this year’s Comic-Con International: San Diego, which takes place July 9-12, 2015.
Traveling from his home in Japan, Mr. Takahashi will address Comic-Con fans about the preparations and production underway for the highly anticipated third Yu-Gi-Oh! feature film, which is scheduled for release in 2016. Mr. Takahashi will also explore his passions for illustration, design and gaming and how they meld into inspiring new ideas that have kept the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand fresh and engaging for nearly two decades. The panel date, time and location will be announced by Comic-Con later this month.
“Fans of Yu-Gi-Oh! appreciate just how extraordinary a public appearance by Mr. Takahashi is, and we are thrilled that he has agreed not only to attend and speak at San Diego Comic-Con, but also to take the time to meet with fans and sign autographs, a very rare occurrence indeed,” said Kristen Gray, Senior Vice President, Operations and Business & Legal Affairs at 4K Media Inc., a member of Konami Group. “Additionally, Mr. Takahashi has provided an illustration of Yugi — the most iconic character from his famous series — for inclusion in the Comic-Con International: San Diego souvenir book for the event.”
Since launching Yu-Gi-Oh!, the global phenomenon that has captured the hearts of millions of fans, Mr. Takahashi’s creative vision has yielded two theatrical movies and five animated TV series broadcast in more than 65 countries. The newest series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, premieres in the United States later this year, setting the stage for the debut of the brand’s third feature film slated to hit theaters in 2016.
As he creates new manga and games, Mr. Takahashi’s projects always center on the value of friendship – the core idea that runs throughout the world of Yu-Gi-Oh! and continues to entice fans to this day. The Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game holds the Guinness Book of World Records as the best-selling trading card game of all time with over 25 billion cards sold.
About 4K Media
4K Media Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., manages the licensing and marketing of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise outside of Asia. In addition, 4K Media handles brand management and the production and distribution of the Yu-Gi-Oh! television series. The Yu-Gi-Oh! animated franchise, with over 650 episodes, consists of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! , Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s, Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL and the new series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. The series have been translated and broadcast in 65 countries on leading networks. The Yu-Gi-Oh! website is available at www.yugioh.com
POSTPONE THE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS: THE BIG SHOW HAPPENS WHEN WARNER BROS. TELEVISION BURSTS INTO COMIC-CON® 2015 WITH 18 TOP SERIES AND ANOTHER MASSIVE SATURDAY NIGHT EVENT WITH DC ENTERTAINMENT IN HALL H
Studio Brings 18 Series to Comic-Con from Top Producers Including Greg Berlanti, Bruno Heller, Andrew Kreisberg, Steven Molaro, Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman, Julie Plec, Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright, and Many More
In Addition to the Second Saturday Night WBTV/DC Entertainment Event, Fans Won’t Want to Miss Panels and Signings with the Stars and Producers of Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Blindspot, Childrens Hospital, Containment, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Lucifer, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supergirl, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries
BURBANK, Calif. (June 10, 2015) — Good luck keeping your popsicles and ice cream from melting with the amount of heat that Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) is bringing to Comic-Con International: San Diego. The Studio returns to the world’s leading pop-culture convention in 2015 with 18 series, including 13 returning fan-favorite shows and five programs making their much-anticipated Comic-Con debut. Following an at-capacity event last year, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment are once again joining forces for another epic Saturday night event in Hall on July 11, featuring super heroes, Super-Villains, screenings and special appearances from returning favorites Arrow, The Flash and Gotham, plus highly anticipated series Supergirl and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
Also participating in all the Comic-Con action are fan favorites and new additions including Arrow’s Stephen Amell; The Flash’s Grant Gustin; The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; The Originals’ Joseph Morgan; Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; Mike Tyson Mysteries’ Mike Tyson; and cast members from Gotham, Supergirl, iZOMBIE and The 100 — to name just a few — who will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot), Jonathan Nolan & Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Containment), Jason Rothenberg (The 100), Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (iZOMBIE, Veronica Mars), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
- Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment have your Saturday night all taken care of with a nearly three-hour special event in Hall H on July 11 featuring the full pilot screening of Supergirl, along with panels, special surprises and moments inside the worlds of Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and new digital series Vixen.
- Comic-Con essentials Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries are all back in San Diego.
- World-premiere screenings of complete pilot episodes of highly anticipated new WBTV series Supergirl, Blindspot, Containment and Lucifer on Preview Night, plus an advance look at a new episode of Teen Titans Go!
- The Studio’s 2,400-square foot booth will once again be a must-visit destination on the convention floor.
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbtv-social-media-contacts/
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 8
6:00–10:00 p.m. The first time is always the best time. Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue our annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015–16 television season — Supergirl, Blindspot, Containment and Lucifer — as well as a brand-new episode of Teen Titans Go!. Ballroom 20
- Supergirl: In the vast DC Comics Universe of super heroes, the rich mythology of Superman and the planet Krypton is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El, but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Now age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her foster sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world.
- Blindspot: Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton stars as hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos … including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map that is Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations — and the information they uncover might ultimately change the world.
- Containment: When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure in Containment. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but also isolation, fear and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise.
- Lucifer: The story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, he feels something awaken deep within him for the first time in roughly 10 billion years. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now.
- Teen Titans Go!: The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all-new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower. We’ll have you covered by screening a brand-new episode.
WBTV/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks.
FRIDAY, JULY 10
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. The Big Bang Theory (Season 9 Premieres September 21, Mondays 8/7c on CBS): The Big Bang Theory writers are returning to San Diego, to once again solve the comedy equation and take you behind the scenes of TV’s #1 comedy! Ballroom 20
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Lucifer (Midseason on FOX): Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars Tom Ellis, Lauren German, Lesley-Ann Brandt and DB Woodside and executive producers. Room 6BCF
- Time TBA Mike Tyson Mysteries (New Episodes Fall 2015 on Adult Swim): With a knockout appearance last year, Iron Mike Tyson is taking on Comic-Con again and this rematch is sure to live up to the hype. After a hilarious season of solving mysteries, the Mike Tyson Mystery Team will be back in the ring with all-new episodes on Adult Swim this fall. Join voice cast Mike Tyson and Rachel Ramras (MAD), and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show) for a first look at the upcoming season and a Q&A discussion. Location TBA
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. The 100 (Midseason on The CW): Following the lethal events of the season finale, join The 100 stars along with executive producer Jason Rothenbergas they return to San Diego for their third appearance at Comic-Con. Ballroom 20
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. Teen Titans Go! (Thursdays 6/5c Cartoon Network): No trip to Comic-Con is complete without spending some time with the liveliest and craziest super hero team on television. Find out what new adventures, food fights and staring contests await Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven in season three of this hit animated series. Join producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) and members of the voice cast as they screen a brand-new episode, as well as take questions on all things Titans! Room 6A
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. The Originals (Thursdays 9/8c on The CW): The Originals will be returning for more sexy, supernatural intrigue, romance, alliances, betrayals and bloodshed in New Orleans this fall. Join executive producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci along with series stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell and Charles Michael Davis for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A. Ballroom 20
- 5:45–6:45 p.m. iZOMBIE (Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW): The brainy hit iZOMBIE returns to San Diego for its sophomore appearance at Comic-Con. After the shocking events in the season finale, be among the first to get the scoop on what’s in store for season two with executive producers Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright, along with series stars Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley and David Anders. Ballroom 20
SATURDAY, JULY 11
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Blindspot (Mondays 10/9c on NBC): The new one-hour action-thriller Blindspot makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with star Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) and executive producers Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Martin Gero. Room 6A
- 5:15 p.m.–6:15 p.m. Person of Interest (Midseason on CBS): Person of Interest returns to San Diego for the fifth year! Join the discussion, as the science “fiction” ofPerson of Interest stays one step ahead of real-world events. Find out highly confidential intel when executive producers Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman and Denise Thé join series stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Kevin Chapman and Amy Acker undergo a Comic-Con interrogation with a special video presentation and Q&A.Room 6BCF
- 6:15–7:15 p.m. Containment (Midseason on The CW): When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Containment makes its Comic-Con debut with a special screening of the entire pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars David Gyasi, Christina Moses, Chris Wood, Claudia Black and Kristen Gutoskie, along with executive producers Julie Plec, Matt Corman and Chris Ord. Room 6BCF
- 8:00–11:00 p.m. Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: Super Hero Saturday Night Offers Fans a Look Inside the Worlds of Arrow, The Flash and Gotham,plus a Pilot Screening of Supergirl and Video Presentations of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Vixen: DC fans … get ready for another Super Hero Saturday Night! Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment will again welcome fans into the worlds of some of DC Comics’ greatest characters during a three-hour super-experience in Hall H. The exclusive evening will feature a pilot screening of the highly anticipated new action series Supergirl, followed by a Q&A with stars and producers; plus, individual special video presentations and Q&As with stars and producers from Arrow, The Flash and Gotham. Also, don’t miss a special Q&A with cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and a peek at the new digital series Vixen. Hall H
SUNDAY, JULY 12
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c on The CW): The cast and creative team behind The Vampire Diaries return to San Diego — for the first time in Hall H — for a sizzling seventh appearance at Comic-Con. Series stars Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kat Graham, Candice Accola and Michael Malarkey will join executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries on stage for a video screening and Q&A session. Hall H
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Supernatural (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW): Join series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard, along with executive producer Jeremy Carver, as they return to answer questions from the audience about what’s in store for the eleventh season of this exciting series! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights, as well as special features from the upcoming Supernatural: The Complete Tenth SeasonDVD and Blu-ray™ release on September 8. Hall H
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. Childrens Hospital (New Episodes in 2016 on Adult Swim): Adult Swim’s two-time Emmy®-winning live-action comedy returns to Comic-Con for a sixth year! Creator and star Rob Corddry and executive producer David Wain will be joined onstage by select cast for a lively (and medically accurate!) Q&A. Room 25ABC
FX NETWORKS ANNOUNCES ITS 2015 SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON SLATE
Archer Kicks Things Off with a Screening and Q&A on Friday July 10th at 5 PM
American Horror Story: Freak Show Cast Shares the Stage with Ryan Murphy’s latest comedy Scream Queenson Sunday July 12th at 12:30 PM
An All-Star “FX TV Block” Featuring Denis Leary’s New Comedy Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, the Infectious Drama The Strain, and an Exclusive Sneak Preview of Kurt Sutter’s Highly-Anticipated New Series
The Bastard Executioner Starting Sunday July 12th at 3 PM
LOS ANGELES, June 11, 2015 – FX Networks is bringing fan favorites Archer, American Horror Story and The Strain to Comic-Con in San Diego this July along with Denis Leary’s new comedySex&Drugs&Rock&Roll. Each series will feature screenings, panel discussions, press rooms and autograph signings at SDCC. As an added bonus, FX will present an exclusive sneak preview of Kurt Sutter’s new series The Bastard Executioner, which will debut on FX this fall.
FX Networks will present the following panel sessions and screenings (talent appearances subject to change):
Friday, July 10
Panel 5:00-6:00 PM, Indigo Ballroom. Moderator: TBD
Archer, the award-winning animated comedy about a spy agency whose employees constantly undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain, will bring together Creator Adam Reed and Executive Producer Matt Thompson with the voice cast of H. Jon Benjamin, Jessica Walter, Aisha Tyler, Judy Greer, Chris Parnell, Amber Nash and Lucky Yates. In addition to the panel, fans will see an exclusive screening of a “Best of…” reel highlighting many of the series’ best moments.
Sunday, July 12th
American Horror Story
Panel 12:30-1:30 PM, Hall H. Moderator: Tim Stack, Entertainment Weekly
American Horror Story – fresh off its fourth installment, Freak Show, and soon to return with Hotel – will feature stars who will appear in both chapters: Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Matt Bomer. They will share the stage with stars of Ryan Murphy’s upcoming Fox comedy Scream Queens.
FX TV Block Featuring Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, The Strain and a Sneak Peek of The Bastard Executioner
Panel: 3:00-4:30 PM, Hall H. Moderator(s): TBD
Kick out the jams with Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, premiering on FX on July 16th at 10 PM ET/PT. Denis Leary stars as the lead singer of a legendary 90s band called The Heathens, who were on the brink of stardom when they broke up and now, years later, are looking to recapture some of the old glory. Creator/Executive Producer/Writer/Director Denis Leary will be joined on stage by actors Elizabeth Gillies, Elaine Hendrix, Robert Kelly and John Ales to discuss the new series and present an exclusive sneak peek of the show. Then catch The Strain, a thriller based on the best-selling vampire novel trilogy of the same title that will debut its second season on July 12th at 10 PM ET/PT. Fans will get an exclusive screening of all-new material, including two original pieces created specifically for SDCC and an insightful discussion with Showrunner/Executive Producer Carlton Cuse, Co-Creator/Executive Producer/Writer Guillermo del Toro, Co-Creator/Executive Producer/Writer Chuck Hogan and actors Corey Stoll, David Bradley, Mia Maestro, Kevin Durand, Ruta Gedmintas, Richard Sammel and Natalie Brown. And for an epic finale, get an exclusive world premiere first-look at Sons of Anarchy Creator Kurt Sutter’s highly-anticipated new series The Bastard Executioner.
ABOUT FX NETWORKS
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in more than 94 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, Tyrant, The Strain and the upcoming The Bastard Executioner and Taboo; the critically-acclaimed miniseries American Horror Story, Fargo and the upcoming miniseries American Crime Story; acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Archer, Married, The Comedians and the upcoming Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll andBaskets. FX’s roster of acquired hit series includes Two and a Half Men, In Living Color and Mike & Molly. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in more than 53 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in more than 78 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, You’re the Worst, Man Seeking Woman and the upcoming The Untitled Tracy Morgan Project(TBD). FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history, and the late night animated block Animation Domination.
STARZ BRINGS SCARES AND SWOONS TO SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2015 WITH OUTLANDER AND ASH vs EVIL DEAD
Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan, Ronald D. Moore, and Diana Gabaldon of the critically acclaimed series “Outlander”
Bruce Campbell, Lucy Lawless, Sam Raimi, and Rob Tapert of the highly anticipated “Ash vs Evil Dead”
WHAT: STARZ to host panels for the critical and fan favorite “Outlander;” (returns 2016) featuring cast and creators including Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore, author Diana Gabaldon and actors Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan, as well as for the new original series “Ash vs Evil Dead,” (first season premieres Fall 2015) featuring cast and creators including Executive Producers and original filmmakers Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, and Bruce Campbell, plus Lucy Lawless, during San Diego Comic-Con 2015.
WHEN: Outlander San Diego Comic-Con Panel
Saturday July 11th Ballroom 20 in the San Diego Convention Center
4:00 – 4:45 PM
Ash vs Evil Dead San Diego Comic-Con Panel
Friday July 10th, Room 6A in the San Diego Convention Center
6:00 – 7:00 PM
“Outlander” 1B Series Synopsis:
“Outlander” spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history and adventure as it follows Claire Randall, a married WWII combat nurse who mistakenly falls back in time to 1743. As the season continues, Claire and Jamie’s relationship is tested and Claire must reconcile her modern mindset with this 18th century world. Ruthless redcoats, volatile clan politics, and a brutal witch trial force Jamie and Claire to escape to a new home. Just when their life as a married couple begins to take shape, Jamie is once again drawn into Captain Randall’s darkness. Ultimately, Claire discovers there is a fate worse than death as she struggles to save Jamie’s heart, as well as his soul.
“Ash vs Evil Dead”:
“Ash vs Evil Dead,” which is currently in production in New Zealand, is the long-awaited follow-up to the classic horror film franchise The Evil Dead and is set to premiere on STARZ in Fall 2015. The 10-episode first season of the half-hour series is executive produced by Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell, the original filmmakers of the franchise, and Craig DiGregorio who will serve as executive producer and showrunner.
Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash, the stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons –personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its “Evil” grip.
The cast is led by Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, “Burn Notice”) in the role of Ash Williams, Lucy Lawless (“Salem,” “Spartacus”) as Ruby a mysterious figure who believes Ash is the cause of the Evil outbreaks, Ray Santiago (“Touch,” Meet the Fockers) as Pablo Simon Bolivar, an idealistic immigrant who becomes Ash’s loyal sidekick, Dana DeLorenzo (A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas) as Kelly Maxwell, a moody wild child trying to outrun her past and Jill Marie Jones (“Sleepy Hollow”) as Amanda Fisher, a disgraced Michigan State Trooper set to find our anti-hero Ash and prove his responsibility in the grisly murder of her partner.
Raina Telgemeier, the best-selling author of Smile, Sisters, and Drama is coming to the San Diego Central Library, in downtown San Diego, on Tuesday, July 7 at 6:00 PM for “An Evening with Raina,” a free event to help you get ready for Comic-Con International! Raina Telgemeier’s all-ages graphic novels have delighted readers of all ages! Come hear her speak about her work, bring your questions, and find out what’s next at this free special event presented by Comic-Con International and Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, in conjunction with the San Diego Public Library.
Raina is a global phenomenon! Her three books, Smile, Drama, and Sisters—along with her four books based on Ann M. Martin’s The Baby-sitters Club—total a staggering 3 million copies in print, placing her at the forefront of the children’s graphic novel boom. Her efforts to champion kids’ right to read include speaking out for Banned Books Week, the annual celebration of the freedom to read. Banned Books Week 2015 celebrates Young Adult books, and the rights of young readers everywhere to read fearlessly!
This popular comics creator is a special guest at Comic-Con International this year, but you don’t have to have a badge to see her in this special early appearance at the San Diego Central Library! “An Evening with Raina,” co-sponsored by Comic-Con and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, on Tuesday, July 7 at 6:00 PM in the Auditorium, located at 330 Park Blvd., in downtown San Diego. Admission is free, but seating is limited for this special event. CBLDF will have books available for donations.
About Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit organization protecting the freedom to read comics! Our work protects readers, creators, librarians, retailers, publishers, & educators who face the threat of censorship. We monitor legislation & challenge laws that would limit the First Amendment. We create resources that promote understanding of comics & the rights our community is guaranteed. Every day we publish news & information about censorship events as they happen. We are partners in the Kids’ Right to Read Project & Banned Books Week. Our expert legal team is available at a moment’s notice to respond to First Amendment emergencies. CBLDF is a lean organization that works hard to protect the rights that our community depends on. For more information, visit www.cbldf.org (link is external)
About Comic-Con International
Comic-Con International (CCI) is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular artforms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.
San Diego Public Library
330 Park Blvd. San Diego CA 92101
Nickelodeon heads to Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015 to showcase its rich content through an innovative booth design, fan activations, talent-driven panels and more.
Nickelodeon’s 1800 sq. foot booth (#4113) is inspired by the excitement and imagination streaming out of its Burbank Animation Studio. Sky-rocketing from the floor to the ceiling of the convention center, the booth’s bold collage design showcases series like Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Harvey Beaks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sanjay and Craig, SpongeBob SquarePants and more.
The booth will feature activations that include: a voice record room where fans can lend their own voices to select scenes from their favorite Nick TV shows; a facial recognition booth where attendees can become their favorite characters; a “Throwback Thursday” (#TBT) celebration; and autograph signings with Tom Kenny, Kel Mitchell, and more.
Nickelodeon will present three panels: Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Turtle Power!; Are you ready, kids? Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants; and Nickelodeon Animation featuring Sanjay and Craig – Noiice!, which will give fans a behind-the-scenes look at Sanjay and Craig, Harvey Beaks and the upcoming series Pig Goat Banana Cricket and The Loud House.
In addition, Nickelodeon Animation will take over the Horton Grand Theater to bring fans Nickelodeon’s Variety Show ft. Breadwinners Live!, a cartoon-copia of surprises including swag bags packed with exclusive collectibles on Saturday, July 11.
The following is a full rundown of the panels and booth activity:
Friday, July 10
Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Turtle Power! – Secrets of the ooze are revealed by the mutated minds making Nickelodeon’s hit animated series. Moderated by the internet’s biggest fanboy, Andre Meadows (aka “@BlackNerd”), the panel features executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman as they provide sneak peeks into season four and discuss the epic and bizarre adventures in store for the four talking turtles. Also on hand will be the extraordinary and talented voice actors of our TMNT world; Seth Green (Leonardo), Rob Paulsen (Donatello), Greg Cipes (Michelangelo), Eric Bauza (Tiger Claw), Fred Tatasciore (Rocksteady) and more special guests! Booyakasha!
Saturday, July 11
Are you ready, kids? Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants – The cast of SpongeBob is back! We’ve assembled all your Bikini Bottom favorites to perform the episode “Idiot Box” at a live table read as chosen by fans online. Featuring Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick Star), Rodger Bumpass (Squidward) and Dee Bradley Baker (all other Bikini Bottomites). Following the performance will be a Q&A with the cast and creative director, Vincent Waller. Plus, a sneak peek at a brand new episode and fan trivia with prizes! Hosted by Claudia Spinelli, VP of Current Series Animation for Nickelodeon. All landlubbers welcome!
Sunday, July 12
Nickelodeon Animation featuring Sanjay and Craig – Noiice! – Sanjay and Craig returns to Comic Con with a live table read followed by a Q&A with the cast and creators. Featuring creators and co-executive producers Jim Dirschberger and Jay Howell, and voice talent Chris Hardwick (The Nerdist), Maulik Pancholy (30 Rock), Matt Jones (Breaking Bad) and other special guests. Moderated by Claudia Spinelli, VP of Current Series Animation for Nickelodeon. But that’s not all! After the Q&A we’re screening, sneak peeks from Sanjay and Craig and Harvey Beaks, plus, a special preview of Nick Animation’s upcoming brand new shows Pig Goat Banana Cricket and The Loud House.
Saturday, July 11, Location: The Horton Grand Theater
Nickelodeon’s Variety Show ft. Breadwinners Live! – Nickelodeon Animation takes over the Horton Grand Theater to bring you a cartoon-copia of surprises including swag bags packed with exclusive collectibles! Hosted by DJ Boogie. Ticket Required: get free tickets in the Autograph Area of Comic Con’s Sails Pavilion. Come hang out, crush some snacks and enjoy the show! You can meet SpongeBob, Patrick and the Dino Charge Power Rangers, watch exclusive cartoons and the world premiere of two brand new shows, Pig Goat Banana Cricket and The Loud House. See the stars of Henry Danger unmask a super-secret surprise and laugh with the voice cast of Breadwinners as they perform and sing at a live table read! Yip-Yip! Scheduled to appear are Robbie Daymond (SwaySway), Eric Bauza (Buhdeuce) and special guests. This is the one-night-only kids and family event full of amazement that you won’t want to miss.
ONGOING BOOTH ACTIVITY
- #TBT: Nickelodeon kicks-off SDCC with a “Throwback Thursday” day-long celebration featuring an appearance and autograph signing with Kenan & Kel star Kel Mitchell; a photo opportunity with the beloved ‘90s character Stick Stickly; appearances by the Rugrats costumed characters Tommy, Chucky and Angelica; and exclusive giveaways.
- VO Your Favorite Show: The center of the Nick booth will feature a voice record booth where fans can test their voiceover skills by recording their own scene from a popular Nick animated show. Participants will be video recorded and will receive an email of the video featuring a side-by-side of the booth with the animated scene to share with friends. Nickelodeon partnered with digital agency RED Interactive Agency to create the experience which will be open to fans each day of Comic-Con.
Nito–Get Animated App: Nickelodeon teams up with Nito (www.NitoApp.com) to allow kids (and big kids) to “become” their favorite Nick characters. Step into the booth and voila – your movements and expressions are mimicked perfectly by SpongeBob, Korra, Harvey Beaks, and more! You can take part in a real animated scene and will then be emailed a video to share (and show off with).
- Autograph Signings: During the convention, Nickelodeon talent will sign autographs for fans. Signing opportunities include: Kel Mitchell, SpongeBob SquarePants voice talent, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles talent and executive producers, Sanjay and Craig creators and talent,Breadwinners creators, Pig Goat Banana Cricket creators, The Loud House creator, The Legend of Korra co-creators/executive producers, and the Power Rangers Dino Charge cast.
- Costumed Characters Appearances: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Rugrats and Power Rangers Dino Charge characters will make appearances during the convention.
- Giveaways: Fans have chances to win special products over the course of the convention.
Conan O’Brien Moderates Lionsgate Panel at SDCC 2015 featuring Mockingjay Part 2 and The Last Witch Hunter
LIONSGATE PRESENTS “THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 2” AND “THE LAST WITCH HUNTER” DURING A PANEL IN HALL H WITH THE STARS AND FILMMAKERS, MODERATED BY CONAN O’BRIEN, AT COMIC-CON® 2015
Panel Features Never-Before-Seen Footage from “Mockingjay – Part 2” and “The Last Witch Hunter”
SANTA MONICA, Calif, June 11, 2015 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a premier next generation global content leader, will give Comic-Con® 2015 attendees two exclusive looks at the studio’s most anticipated fall film releases, “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” and “The Last Witch Hunter,” during a panel that will feature Q&As with the stars and filmmakers of both movies to be moderated by Emmy® Award-winning comedian and talk show host Conan O’Brien. The star-studded Lionsgate panel and exclusive reveals will take place in Hall H on Thursday, July 9 from 12:00-1:15 p.m.
At the Lionsgate Booth (#4045), there will be talent and filmmaker signings, photo opportunities, promotional giveaways, AV and displays for an exciting slate of upcoming films. Among the numerous films being included are: “The Hunger Games” Mockingjay – Part 2” (November 20, 2015), “The Last Witch Hunter” (October 23, 2015), “Shaun the Sheep” (August 7, 2015), “American Ultra” (August 21, 2015), and “Sicario” (Limited – September 19, 2015).
Additional details regarding the panel:
Location and Time: Hall H (Thursday, July 9, 12-1:15pm)
Moderator: Conan O’Brien
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 – a must-see for all, this panel will provide a sneak peek into the powerful final chapter of the epic “The Hunger Games” film franchise. Attendees will be shown never-before-seen footage from “Mockingjay – Part 2” and treated to a Q&A session with the cast and filmmakers, who will reveal details of the big screen finale.
The Last Witch Hunter – Vin Diesel is “The Last Witch Hunter” and he is all that stands between humanity and the combined forces of the most horrifying witches in history. Join the cast as they preview exclusive footage from “The Last Witch Hunter” before its worldwide debut.
Lionsgate is a premier next generation global content leader with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms, video games and international distribution and sales. Lionsgate currently has more than 30 television shows on over 20 different networks spanning its primetime production, distribution and syndication businesses, including such critically-acclaimed hits as the multiple Emmy Award-winning Mad Men and Nurse Jackie, the broadcast network series Nashville, the syndication success The Wendy Williams Show, the critically-acclaimed hit series Orange is the New Black and the breakout series The Royals.
Its feature film business has been fueled by such recent successes as the blockbuster first three installments of The Hunger Games franchise, the first two installments of the Divergent franchise, Age of Adaline, CBS/Lionsgate’s The DUFF, John Wick, Now You See Me, Roadside Attractions’ A Most Wanted Man, Lionsgate/Codeblack Films’ Addicted and Pantelion Films’ Instructions Not Included, the highest-grossing Spanish-language film ever released in the U.S.
Lionsgate’s home entertainment business is an industry leader in box office-to-DVD and box office-to-VOD revenue conversion rates. Lionsgate handles a prestigious and prolific library of approximately 16,000 motion picture and television titles that is an important source of recurring revenue and serves as the foundation for the growth of the Company’s core businesses. The Lionsgate and Summit brands remain synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the world. www.lionsgate.com
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS AND MORE COMING TO SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2015
THE FORCE IS STRONG THIS SUMMER IN DOWNTOWN SAN DIEGO.
The power of the Force is coming to San Diego Comic-Con, and StarWars.com has your opening crawl for the megaevent’s Star Wars programming. Check out our guide below for information on panels that cover Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Hasbro’s latest action figures, new novels based on the original films, and much, much more. (If you can’t make it, don’t worry; visit StarWars.com for exclusive real-time liveblogs!)
The event takes place July 9-12 at the San Diego Convention Center, with Star Wars panels scheduled for Friday, July 10; look for some exclusive Star Wars: The Force Awakens products at SDCC, and be sure to check out EW.com tomorrow for details.
Friday, July 10, Star Wars Schedule
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Hall H
Lucasfilm president and producer Kathleen Kennedy, director J.J. Abrams, writer Lawrence Kasdan, and special guests provide a special look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Star Wars Publishing 2015, Part 1: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Room: 7AB
Join a dynamic, all-star, New York Times-bestselling panel of authors including Alexandra Bracken (the Darkest Minds series), Adam Gidwitz (A Tale Dark andGrim series), Tom Angleberger (The Origami Yoda series), and Tony Diterlizzi (The Spiderwick Chronicles) in conversation with Lucasfilm’s Mike Siglain about the new Star Wars retellings for a younger generation of fans. From picture books to novels, these authors present A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in perspectives that will change the way readers understand who these beloved characters are and how they became legends for legions of fans.
Star Wars Publishing 2015, Part 2: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.; Room: 7AB
Join a variety of authors as they talk about their upcoming projects from that galaxy far, far away. Moderated by Lucasfilm’s Mike Siglain, authors from Del Rey and other publishers will participate in a discussion on writing stories for the exciting new future of the Star Wars universe.
Hasbro Star Wars, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m., Room: 7AB
Join members of the Hasbro and Lucasfilm teams as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure offerings, and word on the Holonet is there may also be a few surprises, including a special product reveal.
Star Wars Collectibles Update with Lucasfilm’s Anita Castellar, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Room: 7AB
Join eFX, Gentle Giant Studios, Kotobukiya, and Sideshow Collectibles for product development insights and exclusive previews of the latest in Star Wars collectibles. In attendance will be Anita Castellar, a self-professed Star Wars fangirl who manages licensing for hardline categories at Lucasfilm such as toys, collectibles, consumer electronics, automotives, and more.
ILM 40th Anniversary, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Room: 7AB
For 40 years, Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most memorable images in the history of modern cinema. From advances in the photo chemical process, optical compositing, motion control, and models and miniatures — to the company’s pioneering efforts in computer graphics, digital compositing, film scanning and recording, morphing, digital environments, performance capture, character animation and modern digital pipelines, ILM continues to break new ground in visual effects for film, television, themed attractions, and new forms of entertainment. The presenters will discuss the company’s work from its earliest days and breakthroughs along the way.
Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition at San Diego Comic Con 2015
BBC AMERICA’s Doctor Who Set For Hall H Panel At Comic-Con
Peter Capaldi to make first Comic-Con appearance following his first season as the Doctor
BBC AMERICA’s Doctor Who returns to San Diego Comic-Con for a Hall H panel on Thursday, July 9. Following his record-breaking first season as the Doctor, Peter Capaldi will make his first ever appearance at Comic-Con with stars Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald), Michelle Gomez (Missy), lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat and executive producer Brian Minchin. Doctor Who follows the adventures of the Doctor, the time traveler, who will continue to journey through all of space and time in epic adventures in the new season premiering this fall. Capaldi’s first season delivered BBC AMERICA its highest rated season ever and is available now on all digital platforms.
Peter Capaldi on making his first Comic-Con appearance: “Tales of San Diego Comic-Con are told in awe on every set around the known fantasy/sci-fi production world. It’s become a fabled kingdom. One I am thrilled to find myself heading for. And to appear in the legendary Hall H, is a further twist to the cosplay and comic madness I may never recover from.”
The new season premieres this fall with a two-part episode, The Magician’s Apprentice and The Witch’s Familiar, written by Steven Moffat, produced by Peter Bennett and directed by Hettie Macdonald (Blink, the Hugo Award-winning Doctor Who episode).
Doctor Who is a BBC Cymru Wales production for BBC One and a BBC AMERICA co-production.
About BBC AMERICA
BBC AMERICA delivers U.S. audiences high-quality, innovative and intelligent programming. Established in 1998, it has been the launch pad for talent embraced by American mainstream pop culture, including Ricky Gervais, Gordon Ramsay, Graham Norton, and successful programming formats including ground-breaking non-scripted television like Top Gear and top-rated science-fiction like Doctor Who. A joint venture between BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, and AMC Networks, BBC AMERICA has attracted both critical acclaim and major awards including four Emmy® Awards, five Golden Globes® and 12 Peabody Awards. The channel attracts one of cable’s most affluent and educated audiences and is available on cable and satellite TV in nearly 80 million homes. It broadcasts in both standard and high-definition, with content available On Demand across all major digital platforms. Online, www.BBCAmerica.com is the place to go to dig deeper into pop culture with a British twist. Find out more by visiting www.Press.BBCAmerica.com/ or follow us on www.twitter.com/BBCAMERICA.