Overstreet and Hero Get the Spirit
Dave Johnson Tackles Will Eisner’s Classic Character for the Guide!
[Los Angeles, California and Timonium, Maryland] – Perhaps no other creator championed the different forms that comic books and comic book artwork can take better than Will Eisner. From the pages of The Spirit sections in local newspapers in the 1940s and ‘50s to pioneering graphic novels to the U.S. Army’s P.S. Magazine, Eisner relentlessly showcased what could be done with the art form.
Now, Gemstone Publishing and the Hero Initiative, the first 501 (c)(3) charity dedicated to helping comic book creators in need, and artist Dave Johnson have teamed-up to put Eisner’s famous character on the cover of a limited edition of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #45. All funds raised from the sales of this volume go to Hero.
As with past collaborations between Gemstone and Hero, this version of the Guide will be available only in the special hardcover edition limited to 500 copies. It will go on sale at Comic-Con International: San Diego on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at the Hero Initiative booth, #5003. There will be no soft cover edition of this version, and it will retail for $35.
“In addition to loving comics and pushing them for all they were worth, my friend Will Eisner was equally committed to the cause of his fellow creators. So in the 75th anniversary year of his beloved creation, we’re very happy to have The Spirit on the cover of The Hero Initiative edition of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #45. Purchasing a copy is a great way for fans to celebrate Will’s legacy while raising funds for a tremendous cause,” said Steve Geppi, President and CEO of Gemstone Publishing and Diamond Comic Distributors.
Known for his incredible illustration and inventive design skills, Dave Johnson made a name for himself with striking, evocative covers on such series Vertigo’s 100 Bullets, Marvel’s Deadpool, DC’s Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters, among many others. For this cover, in the tradition of Will Eisner, he illustrated the Guide’s logo as part of the overall image.
The Hero Initiative edition will be available exclusively from Hero. An extremely limited number of copies will be available from Hero’s website and through a select group of participating retailers.
“Our thanks to Steve Geppi, Bob Overstreet, and their team at Gemstone Publishing, who once again have delivered a great, must-have item for serious collectors and Hero supporters,” said Hero President Jim McLauchlin. “Dave Johnson’s timely 75th anniversary tribute to The Spirit and Will Eisner and the Guide’s 45th anniversary make an excellent team.”
Johnson joins a roster of celebrated artists who have contributed covers for the special Hero Initiative limited editions including John Romita, Jr., Klaus Janson and Dean White (#40), John Romita, Sr., Tom Palmer and Dean White (#41), Matt Wagner and Ryan Brown (#42), Terry Moore and Brian Miller (#43) and Herb Trimpe, Tom Palmer and Laura Martin (#45).
The standard editions of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #45 feature Captain Action by Paul Gulacy, Bloodshot and X-O Manowar by Cary Nord, Captain America and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. by Greg Land, and Superman by Joe Shuster.
About The Hero Initiative
The Hero Initiative is the first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need. Hero creates a financial safety net for yesterday’s creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. It’s a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment. Hero is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) charity. The Hero Initiative Limited Edition Hardcover version of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #45 is scheduled to go on sale at The Hero Initiative booth at Comic-Con International: San Diego on Preview Night, Wednesday, July 8, 2015 and afterward through a limited number of Hero affiliates. This version will be available in hardcover only and is limited to 500 copies. The retail price is $35. Information on special signings during the show will be released soon.
About Gemstone Publishing
Best known as the home of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, Gemstone Publishing was formed by Diamond Comic Distributors President and Chief Executive Officer Stephen A. Geppi as a conduit for his efforts in preserving and promoting the history of the comics medium. Gemstone’s product line includes publications such as The Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide, The Big Big Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, Hake’s Price Guide To Character Toys, The Overstreet Guide To Collecting Comics, and Comic Book Marketplace. Gemstone also publishes Scoop, a free weekly e-newsletter which looks inside the world of pop culture with a focus on auctions, toys, comics, posters, art and anything and everything pop culture.
DARK HORSE ANNOUNCES SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2015 EXCLUSIVES
USA NETWORK PREMIERES NEW ORIGINAL DRAMA SERIES “COLONY” FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CARLTON CUSE, LEGENDARY TELEVISION AND UNIVERSAL CABLE PRODUCTIONS AT SAN DIEGO’S COMIC-CON
Comic-Con Panel and Screening Features Josh Holloway (“Lost”), Sarah Wayne Callies (“Walking Dead”), Executive Producers Carlton Cuse (“Lost”) and Ryan Condal (“Hercules”)
WHAT: USA Network unveils COLONY, its newest drama series, at San Diego’s Comic-Con with an autograph signing and panel discussion on Friday, July 10, followed by an exclusive premiere screening with the cast and executive producers on Saturday, July 11. All events will feature stars Josh Holloway (“Lost”), Sarah Wayne Callies (“The Walking Dead”), Amanda Righetti (“The Mentalist”), Peter Jacobson (“House”) and executive producers Carlton Cuse (“Lost,” “The Strain”) and Ryan Condal (“Hercules”). Set in the very near future, COLONY centers on one family’s struggle to survive and bring liberty back to the people of an occupied Los Angeles. SAG winner Josh Holloway (“Lost”) stars as former FBI agent Will Bowman and Satellite Award winner Sarah Wayne Callies (“The Walking Dead”) stars as his wife, Katie, in the series which takes place in a dangerous world of divided ideologies. While some choose to collaborate with the occupation and benefit from the new order, others rebel and suffer the consequences. After being separated from their middle son during the invasion, Will and Katie are willing to do whatever is necessary to be reunited with him. So when the powerful Proxy Synder (Peter Jacobson, “House”) offers Will a chance to get his son back if he will collaborate with the occupational government, Will and Katie find themselves faced with the toughest decision of their lives. They will have to go beyond whatever they thought possible, risking their lives and their relationship to protect their family. COLONY is a co-production between Legendary Television and Universal Cable Productions.
WHO: Carlton Cuse, Ryan Condal, Josh Holloway, Sarah Wayne Callies, Amanda Righetti, Peter Jacobson
WHEN & WHERE:
Friday, July 10
COLONY Autograph Signing Begins: 2:30- 3:15 p.m. Convention Center Floor at the Legendary Booth 3920
Comic-Con Panel Featuring Sneak Preview of COLONY Begins: 4:30 p.m. San Diego Convention Center, 111 W. Harbor Dr., San Diego Room: 6BCF
Saturday, July 11
COLONY Premiere Screening of Entire Pilot Episode Begins: 12:00 p.m. Press Must RSVP to attend Horton Grand Theatre, 444 4th Ave., San Diego
THE CAST AND PRODUCERS OF AMC’S “THE WALKING DEAD” AND HIGHLY ANTICIPATED SERIES “FEAR THE WALKING DEAD” AND “INTO THE BADLANDS” INVADE SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2015
WHAT: The cast and producers of AMC’s record-breaking hit series “The Walking Dead” along with the upcoming highly anticipated series “Fear The Walking Dead” and “Into the Badlands” will participate in panels at this year’s Comic-Con in San Diego, CA.
WHO: “The Walking Dead” panelists include cast members Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride, Chandler Riggs, Michael Cudlitz, Lennie James and Sonequa Martin-Green along with Executive Producer and Showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer Robert Kirkman, Executive Producer, Director and Special Effects Make-up Supervisor Greg Nicotero and Executive Producer David Alpert. The panel will be moderated by “Talking Dead” host Chris Hardwick.
“Fear The Walking Dead” panelists include cast members Kim Dickens, Cliff Curtis, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Frank Dillane, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Lorenzo James Henrie, Ruben Blades and Mercedes Mason along with Executive Producer andShowrunner David Erickson, Executive Producers Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and Dave Alpert. The panel will be moderated by “Talking Dead” host Chris Hardwick.
“Into the Badlands” panelists include cast members Daniel Wu, Marton Csokas, Aramis Knight, Emily Beecham and Orla Brady as well as Creators, Showrunners and Executive Producers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, Executive Producer and Director David Dobkin and Executive Producer and Fight Director Stephen Fung. The panel will be moderated by IGN’s Roth Cornet.
WHEN: “The Walking Dead”
- Autograph session from 10:00-11:00amon Friday, July 10, Booth #4237
· Panel from 12:00-1:00pm, on Friday, July 10, Hall H
“Fear The Walking Dead”
- Panel from 1:00-2:00pmon Friday, July 10, Hall H
· Autograph session 1:00-2:00pm on Saturday, July 11, Hilton Gaslamp
“Into the Badlands”
- Panel from 10:30-11:30am, on Saturday, July 11, Room 5AB
About “The Walking Dead”
Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, “The Walking Dead” reigns as television’s most watched drama for Adults 18-49. “The Walking Dead” tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse, and follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The series, which has been heralded by critics as “an honest-to-God phenomenon” (Variety), “relentless and provocative” (Orlando Sentinel) and “brilliantly engaging” (TheHollywoodNews.com), stars Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes; Steven Yeun as Glenn; Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon; Chandler Riggs as Carl; Lauren Cohan as Maggie; Danai Gurira as Michonne; Melissa McBride as Carol; Sonequa-Martin Green as Sasha and Michael Cudlitz as Abraham. The series is executive produced by Showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse.
About “Fear The Walking Dead”
A companion series to “The Walking Dead,” the #1 show on television among adults 18-49, “Fear the Walking Dead” is executive produced by Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, David Alpert and showrunner David Erickson and produced by AMC Studios. Co-Executive Producer Adam Davidson, who directed the pilot, is also directing the second and third episodes. The series’ first season, consisting of six one-hour episodes, will premiere on AMC in late summer.
The series, set in Los Angeles, stars Kim Dickens as Madison, Cliff Curtis as Travis, Frank Dillane as Nick, Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia, Elizabeth Rodriguez as Liza, Ruben Blades as Daniel, Mercedes Mason as Ofelia and Lorenzo James Henrie as Chris.
About “Into the Badlands”
In a land controlled by feudal barons, “Into the Badlands” tells the story of a ruthless, well-trained warrior named Sunny (Daniel Wu) and a young boy named M.K. (Aramis Knight) who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.
AMC has ordered six, one-hour episodes for “Into the Badlands,” which will premiere in late 2015. The project was created by writers/showrunners Al Gough and Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “Smallville”). They’ll serve as executive producers along with David Dobkin (“The Judge,” “Wedding Crashers,” “Shanghai Knights”), Oscar-nominated producers Stacey Sher and Michael Shamberg (“Pulp Fiction,” “Contagion”), and Stephen Fung and Wu (“Tai Chi Zero”).
UNIVERSAL TELEVISION BRINGS ‘HEROES REBORN’ AND ‘GRIMM’ TO COMIC-CON
Creator Tim Kring, Jack Coleman, Zachary Levi and Cast Bring Exclusive Trailer to San Diego as Fans Set to Pack Hall H
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — June 16, 2015 — Universal Television is arriving at Comic-Con with one of the most highly anticipated new shows of the fall, “Heroes Reborn,” as well as longtime Comic-Con favorite “Grimm.”
From Tim Kring, who imagined NBC’s original critically-acclaimed “Heroes” series, comes “Heroes Reborn,” an epic 13-episode event series that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities. Watch an exclusive extended trailer. Moderated by returning cast member Greg Grunberg, participate in a Q&A session with Tim Kring and the cast: Jack Coleman, Zachary Levi, Robbie Kay, Kiki Sukezane, Ryan Guzman, Gatlin Green, Henry Zebrowski, Judith Shekoni, Danika Yarosh and Rya Kihlstedt. (All subject to production availability.) Also learn about the digital prequel series and the video and mobile games.
Sunday, July 12, 1:45-2:45 p.m., Hall H
NBC’s hit Friday night series “Grimm” returns to Comic-Con, featuring an exclusive sneak peek from the upcoming fifth season’s premiere episode. Nick Burkhardt has faced some insane obstacles from becoming a zombie to losing his abilities as a Grimm; however, all this pales in comparison to not only losing his mother but having the love of his life die in his arms. How will Nick cope? Will he find any solace with his new child with Adalind? Join your fellow “Grimmsters” for a panel filled with Wesen, season five themes, and of course, a Q&A session with the cast: David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee, Sasha Roiz, Bree Turner, Claire Coffee, and executive producers/writers Jim Kouf, David Greenwalt and Norberto Barba.
Saturday, July 11, 3-3:45 p.m., Ballroom 20
Universal Television is one of the largest and most successful television production companies in the United States. The studio currently produces nearly 20 primetime series as well as late night and reality programs for a variety of network, cable, and digital platforms. Acclaimed series produced by Universal Television include “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “The Mindy Project,” “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,” “Law & Order: SVU,” “Chicago Fire” and “Bates Motel,”among numerous others, and all of NBC’s successful late-night programs. Universal Television is a division of NBCUniversal, which develops, produces and markets the best entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
June 16, 2015 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, California, Comic Books, Comic-Con International, Horror, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Signing and Appearance Profiles, Television, Video Games
Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman take a twisted look at showbiz news and bite the Hollywood hand that feeds them. Sometimes, they feel bad and give Hollywood a tetanus shot and some Neosporin, but, even then, they usually just turn around and bite Hollywood’s other hand. They can’t help it. It’s their nature. It’s like that “scorpion and frog” story. But, deep down, they’re just two nice East Coast boys… who happen to have a heavy dependence on drugs and alcohol, respectively.
House of Blues – San Diego
1055 5th Ave, San Diego, California 92101
Splash Page Comic Art will be exhibiting at Comic-Con International in San Diego coming up in less than a month on July 8-12 at our normal booth #4400. Thus far artists Edgar Salazar and Sina Grace will be setup to sign and to do sketches. We will also have Sina’s writing partner Shaun Steven Struble scheduled for some The L’il Depressed Boy signings! Jock will also be doing a limited signing at the booth at some point during the show. We hope to have schedules as it gets closer to the show.
We are still taking a pre-list signup for Edgar Salazar for SDCC commissions.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE SPECIFIC ART BROUGHT TO THE CON TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU’D LIKE TO PURCHASE IT, OR TO BUY IT IN ADVANCE AND HAVE IT DELIVERED, NOW IS THE TIME TO CONTACT US!
Brad Walker – Friday, July 10th: 2 to 6 PM
Jock – Friday, July 10th: Noon to 3PM
Sina Grace & Shaun Steven Struble – Thursday, July 9th: 4 to 6PM and Sunday, July 12th 2 to 4PM
Edgar Salazar will be at the booth most of the show. Check on Thursday to get signed up for a commission. We are also still taking a pre-list signup for him now.
Splash Page Comic Art will take 5 pre-signups for Brad Walker as soon as I have details (hopefully on 6-30-15). Sina will not be sketching. Jock TBD.
Splash Page Comic Art
SYFY ANNOUNCES 2015 STAR-STUDDED SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL COMIC-CON PANELS, FEATURING THE EXPANSE, CHILDHOOD’S END, 12 MONKEYS, DOMINION, Z NATION AND SHARKNADO 3!
NEW YORK – June 16, 2015 – Syfy today announced five star-studded 2015 San Diego International Comic-Con panels and two exclusive screenings, showcasing The Expanse, Childhood’s End, 12 Monkeys, Dominion, Z Nation and Sharknado 3. The schedule includes:
THURSDAY, JULY 9
SCREENING: 8:15pm – 10:00pm | Room 6DE
All hell is breaking loose as the battle between angels and mankind continues in a second season of Syfy’s hit show Dominion. Join executive producer Vaun Wilmott for an exclusive screening of the first two episodes of Season 2. See episode 2 one week before it premieres on Syfy!
FRIDAY, JULY 10
SHARKNADO 3: OH HELL NO!
PANEL: 7:15pm – 8:15pm | Room 6A
Join stars Ian Ziering (Fin Shepard), Tara Reid (April Wexler), Cassie Scerbo (Nova Clarke) and David Hasselhoff (Gil Shepard), director Anthony C. Ferrante and writer Thunder Levin for a fin-tastic behind-the-scenes journey into the global pop culture sensation followed by a Q&A session. Moderated by Damian Holbrook of TV Guide Magazine.
SATURDAY, JULY 11:
PANEL: 11:00am – 12:00pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel
Based on the Arthur C. Clarke classic novel, the upcoming six-hour miniseries stars Mike Vogel (Bates Motel), Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck), Daisy Betts (Last Resort), and Yael Stone (Orange is the New Black). The cast will be on hand along with screenwriter Matthew Graham (Doctor Who) to discuss how they brought the iconic novel to the screen for the very first time.
PANEL: 12:00pm – 1:00pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel
Join executive producers Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett, and stars Aaron Stanford (James Cole), Amanda Schull (Dr. Cassandra Railly), Kirk Acevedo (Ramse), Barbara Sukowa (Jones), Emily Hampshire (Jennifer Goines) and Todd Stashwick (Deacon) of Syfy’s critically-acclaimed series as they dissect the mysteries of the first season and hint at the twists and turns coming in Season 2. Moderated by Natalie Abrams of Entertainment Weekly.
SCREENING AND PANEL: 4:00pm – 5:30pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel
Join the cast members Thomas Jane (The Punisher), Steven Strait (Magic City), Shohreh Aghdashloo (The House of Sand and Fog), Cas Anvar (Olympus), Dominique Tipper (Vampire Academy) and Wes Chatham (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay) and executive producers Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby and Naren Shankar for a first-ever, exclusive screening of the series premiere before it airs on Syfy in December! The Expanse is set 200 years in the future after mankind has colonized the solar system. The show is based on The New York Times bestselling book series.
Moderated by book author James S.A. Corey (Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck).
PANEL: 5:30pm – 6:30pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel
Dust off the Z-Whackers and join cast members DJ Qualls (Citizen Z), Kellita Smith (Warren), Keith Allan (Murphy), Russell Hodgkinson (Doc), Nat Zang (10K) and Anastasia Baranova (Addy) and executive producer Karl Schaefer of fan-favorite zombie show, Z Nation, as they provide a behind-the-scenes look at what fans can expect to see this fall when Season 2 premieres on Syfy. Moderated by Z Nation writer-producer Craig Engler.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Creator Kazuki Takahashi Makes His First Appearance At Comic-Con International: San Diego
World-Renowned Manga Artist Headlines Panel Discussion and Meets with Fans for Autograph Signing
NEW YORK, June 10, 2015 — Sure to cause unprecedented excitement among anime and pop culture fans, Kazuki Takahashi, the world-renowned manga artist and creator of Yu-Gi-Oh!, will make his first U.S. public appearance at this year’s Comic-Con International: San Diego, which takes place July 9-12, 2015.
Traveling from his home in Japan, Mr. Takahashi will address Comic-Con fans about the preparations and production underway for the highly anticipated third Yu-Gi-Oh! feature film, which is scheduled for release in 2016. Mr. Takahashi will also explore his passions for illustration, design and gaming and how they meld into inspiring new ideas that have kept the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand fresh and engaging for nearly two decades. The panel date, time and location will be announced by Comic-Con later this month.
“Fans of Yu-Gi-Oh! appreciate just how extraordinary a public appearance by Mr. Takahashi is, and we are thrilled that he has agreed not only to attend and speak at San Diego Comic-Con, but also to take the time to meet with fans and sign autographs, a very rare occurrence indeed,” said Kristen Gray, Senior Vice President, Operations and Business & Legal Affairs at 4K Media Inc., a member of Konami Group. “Additionally, Mr. Takahashi has provided an illustration of Yugi — the most iconic character from his famous series — for inclusion in the Comic-Con International: San Diego souvenir book for the event.”
Since launching Yu-Gi-Oh!, the global phenomenon that has captured the hearts of millions of fans, Mr. Takahashi’s creative vision has yielded two theatrical movies and five animated TV series broadcast in more than 65 countries. The newest series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, premieres in the United States later this year, setting the stage for the debut of the brand’s third feature film slated to hit theaters in 2016.
As he creates new manga and games, Mr. Takahashi’s projects always center on the value of friendship – the core idea that runs throughout the world of Yu-Gi-Oh! and continues to entice fans to this day. The Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game holds the Guinness Book of World Records as the best-selling trading card game of all time with over 25 billion cards sold.
About 4K Media
4K Media Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., manages the licensing and marketing of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise outside of Asia. In addition, 4K Media handles brand management and the production and distribution of the Yu-Gi-Oh! television series. The Yu-Gi-Oh! animated franchise, with over 650 episodes, consists of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! , Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s, Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL and the new series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. The series have been translated and broadcast in 65 countries on leading networks. The Yu-Gi-Oh! website is available at www.yugioh.com
POSTPONE THE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS: THE BIG SHOW HAPPENS WHEN WARNER BROS. TELEVISION BURSTS INTO COMIC-CON® 2015 WITH 18 TOP SERIES AND ANOTHER MASSIVE SATURDAY NIGHT EVENT WITH DC ENTERTAINMENT IN HALL H
Studio Brings 18 Series to Comic-Con from Top Producers Including Greg Berlanti, Bruno Heller, Andrew Kreisberg, Steven Molaro, Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman, Julie Plec, Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright, and Many More
In Addition to the Second Saturday Night WBTV/DC Entertainment Event, Fans Won’t Want to Miss Panels and Signings with the Stars and Producers of Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Blindspot, Childrens Hospital, Containment, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Lucifer, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supergirl, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries
BURBANK, Calif. (June 10, 2015) — Good luck keeping your popsicles and ice cream from melting with the amount of heat that Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) is bringing to Comic-Con International: San Diego. The Studio returns to the world’s leading pop-culture convention in 2015 with 18 series, including 13 returning fan-favorite shows and five programs making their much-anticipated Comic-Con debut. Following an at-capacity event last year, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment are once again joining forces for another epic Saturday night event in Hall on July 11, featuring super heroes, Super-Villains, screenings and special appearances from returning favorites Arrow, The Flash and Gotham, plus highly anticipated series Supergirl and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
Also participating in all the Comic-Con action are fan favorites and new additions including Arrow’s Stephen Amell; The Flash’s Grant Gustin; The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; The Originals’ Joseph Morgan; Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; Mike Tyson Mysteries’ Mike Tyson; and cast members from Gotham, Supergirl, iZOMBIE and The 100 — to name just a few — who will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot), Jonathan Nolan & Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Containment), Jason Rothenberg (The 100), Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (iZOMBIE, Veronica Mars), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
- Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment have your Saturday night all taken care of with a nearly three-hour special event in Hall H on July 11 featuring the full pilot screening of Supergirl, along with panels, special surprises and moments inside the worlds of Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and new digital series Vixen.
- Comic-Con essentials Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries are all back in San Diego.
- World-premiere screenings of complete pilot episodes of highly anticipated new WBTV series Supergirl, Blindspot, Containment and Lucifer on Preview Night, plus an advance look at a new episode of Teen Titans Go!
- The Studio’s 2,400-square foot booth will once again be a must-visit destination on the convention floor.
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbtv-social-media-contacts/
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 8
6:00–10:00 p.m. The first time is always the best time. Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue our annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015–16 television season — Supergirl, Blindspot, Containment and Lucifer — as well as a brand-new episode of Teen Titans Go!. Ballroom 20
- Supergirl: In the vast DC Comics Universe of super heroes, the rich mythology of Superman and the planet Krypton is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El, but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Now age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her foster sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world.
- Blindspot: Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton stars as hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos … including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map that is Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations — and the information they uncover might ultimately change the world.
- Containment: When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure in Containment. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but also isolation, fear and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise.
- Lucifer: The story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, he feels something awaken deep within him for the first time in roughly 10 billion years. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now.
- Teen Titans Go!: The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all-new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower. We’ll have you covered by screening a brand-new episode.
WBTV/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks.
FRIDAY, JULY 10
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. The Big Bang Theory (Season 9 Premieres September 21, Mondays 8/7c on CBS): The Big Bang Theory writers are returning to San Diego, to once again solve the comedy equation and take you behind the scenes of TV’s #1 comedy! Ballroom 20
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Lucifer (Midseason on FOX): Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars Tom Ellis, Lauren German, Lesley-Ann Brandt and DB Woodside and executive producers. Room 6BCF
- Time TBA Mike Tyson Mysteries (New Episodes Fall 2015 on Adult Swim): With a knockout appearance last year, Iron Mike Tyson is taking on Comic-Con again and this rematch is sure to live up to the hype. After a hilarious season of solving mysteries, the Mike Tyson Mystery Team will be back in the ring with all-new episodes on Adult Swim this fall. Join voice cast Mike Tyson and Rachel Ramras (MAD), and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show) for a first look at the upcoming season and a Q&A discussion. Location TBA
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. The 100 (Midseason on The CW): Following the lethal events of the season finale, join The 100 stars along with executive producer Jason Rothenbergas they return to San Diego for their third appearance at Comic-Con. Ballroom 20
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. Teen Titans Go! (Thursdays 6/5c Cartoon Network): No trip to Comic-Con is complete without spending some time with the liveliest and craziest super hero team on television. Find out what new adventures, food fights and staring contests await Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven in season three of this hit animated series. Join producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) and members of the voice cast as they screen a brand-new episode, as well as take questions on all things Titans! Room 6A
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. The Originals (Thursdays 9/8c on The CW): The Originals will be returning for more sexy, supernatural intrigue, romance, alliances, betrayals and bloodshed in New Orleans this fall. Join executive producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci along with series stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell and Charles Michael Davis for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A. Ballroom 20
- 5:45–6:45 p.m. iZOMBIE (Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW): The brainy hit iZOMBIE returns to San Diego for its sophomore appearance at Comic-Con. After the shocking events in the season finale, be among the first to get the scoop on what’s in store for season two with executive producers Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright, along with series stars Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley and David Anders. Ballroom 20
SATURDAY, JULY 11
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Blindspot (Mondays 10/9c on NBC): The new one-hour action-thriller Blindspot makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with star Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) and executive producers Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Martin Gero. Room 6A
- 5:15 p.m.–6:15 p.m. Person of Interest (Midseason on CBS): Person of Interest returns to San Diego for the fifth year! Join the discussion, as the science “fiction” ofPerson of Interest stays one step ahead of real-world events. Find out highly confidential intel when executive producers Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman and Denise Thé join series stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Kevin Chapman and Amy Acker undergo a Comic-Con interrogation with a special video presentation and Q&A.Room 6BCF
- 6:15–7:15 p.m. Containment (Midseason on The CW): When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Containment makes its Comic-Con debut with a special screening of the entire pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars David Gyasi, Christina Moses, Chris Wood, Claudia Black and Kristen Gutoskie, along with executive producers Julie Plec, Matt Corman and Chris Ord. Room 6BCF
- 8:00–11:00 p.m. Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: Super Hero Saturday Night Offers Fans a Look Inside the Worlds of Arrow, The Flash and Gotham,plus a Pilot Screening of Supergirl and Video Presentations of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Vixen: DC fans … get ready for another Super Hero Saturday Night! Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment will again welcome fans into the worlds of some of DC Comics’ greatest characters during a three-hour super-experience in Hall H. The exclusive evening will feature a pilot screening of the highly anticipated new action series Supergirl, followed by a Q&A with stars and producers; plus, individual special video presentations and Q&As with stars and producers from Arrow, The Flash and Gotham. Also, don’t miss a special Q&A with cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and a peek at the new digital series Vixen. Hall H
SUNDAY, JULY 12
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c on The CW): The cast and creative team behind The Vampire Diaries return to San Diego — for the first time in Hall H — for a sizzling seventh appearance at Comic-Con. Series stars Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kat Graham, Candice Accola and Michael Malarkey will join executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries on stage for a video screening and Q&A session. Hall H
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Supernatural (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW): Join series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard, along with executive producer Jeremy Carver, as they return to answer questions from the audience about what’s in store for the eleventh season of this exciting series! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights, as well as special features from the upcoming Supernatural: The Complete Tenth SeasonDVD and Blu-ray™ release on September 8. Hall H
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. Childrens Hospital (New Episodes in 2016 on Adult Swim): Adult Swim’s two-time Emmy®-winning live-action comedy returns to Comic-Con for a sixth year! Creator and star Rob Corddry and executive producer David Wain will be joined onstage by select cast for a lively (and medically accurate!) Q&A. Room 25ABC