Writer Nathan Edmondson appears at Barnes & Noble to sign Black Widow: The Finely Woven Thread on Saturday August 2, 2014 at 2:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble – Glendale Americana
The Americana at Brand, 210 Americana Way, Glendale, CA 91210
Steve Lieber, Mike Murphy, Celina Hernandez, and Ron Randall sign at Excalibur Books & Comics on Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 from 6:00 till 8:00 pm as part of Excalibur’s 40th anniversary celebration!
Excalibur Books & Comics
2444 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214-3969
Comics legend Neal Adams appears at Comicazi in Davis Square for a signing on Wednesday August 6th at 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm! First autograph is FREE! (Additional autographs are $10 each) Portfolios, Art Prints, Books and Sketches will be available for purchase! He is also taking on commissions so now is the time to get a piece of art drawn up by Neal Adams. Email Jason at email@example.com and Jason will work out characters and prices with you.You can also call Jason at 212-869-4170.
Neal is in town for Boston Comic Con at the Seaport World Trade Center on August 8-10th!
407 Highland Avenue, Somerville, MA 02144
Comic creators Nick Tapalansky, Alex Eckman-Lawn, Kate Glasheen, Kate Kasenow and Shane-Michael Vidaurri discuss the ins and outs of creating and publishing indie comics on Wednesday August 6, 2014 at 7:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble
150 East 86th Street, New York, NY 10028
Author Joe Hill (Locke & Key, Horns) stops by to talk about his latest graphic novel release, Wraith, and his new graphic novel series on Wednesday August 6, 2014 at 7:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble
1 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701
Sting shows up at the WWE panel, Matthew McConaughey shows up to push Interstellar, and Microsoft releases a trailer for HALO Nightfall.
VIRTUAL REALITY MEETS MIDDLE EARTH — AND THE MUPPETS (!) AT WARNER BROS.’ STAR-PACKED BOOTH FOR COMIC-CON 2014
Go Into the Storm with the 4D Oculus Rift Experience and Get Up Close and Personal with Stars, Smaug, Sesame Street and Soft Kitty
Full Signing Schedule Released for Warner Bros. Booth
BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2014) — With Comic-Con 2014 only days away, the behind-she-scenes team at the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) is working its magic creating another must-see environment, including a 4-D immersive Oculus Rift experience allowing fans into the heart-stopping excitement of Warner Bros. upcoming Into the Storm film (unleashed on August 8, 2014); an epic-sized LEGO® Smaug, the legendary dragon from Warner Bros. trilogy of The Hobbit films; a personal appearance by some of Sesame Street’s most familiar faces; and an exclusive Soft Kitty giveaway for fans of The Big Bang Theory, only in San Diego. Always a destination for Comic-Con fans, the Warner Bros. booth will be a constant flux of activity, including giveaways, autograph signings and more.
For a closer look at this year’s Warner Bros. booth activities, read on:
INTO THE STORM: THE 4D OCULUS RIFT EXPERIENCE
- Prepare to go #IntoTheStorm with an intense experiential booth featuring a 4-D immersive Oculus Rift experience that puts fans directly into a recreated scene from the upcoming tornado survival film.
- Releasing on August 8th, Into the Storm, from New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, stars Richard Armitage (The Hobbit films), Sarah Wayne Callies (The Walking Dead), Matt Walsh (Ted), Alycia Debnam-Carey (Where the Devil Hides) and Arlen Escarpeta (Final Destination 5).
- In the span of a single day, the town of Silverton is ravaged by an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes. The entire town is at the mercy of the erratic and deadly cyclones, even as storm trackers predict the worst is yet to come. Most people seek shelter, while others run towards the vortex, testing how far a storm chaser will go for that once-in-a-lifetime shot. Told through the eyes and lenses of professional storm chasers, thrill-seeking amateurs, and courageous townspeople, Into the Stormthrows viewers directly into the eye of the storm to experience Mother Nature at her most extreme.
- Fans who survive the storm will have their reactions to the experience captured on camera, and once they exit the booth, they will be able to immediately share their experience from a social wall on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube.
FIND YOURSELF FACE TO FACE WITH SMAUG
The LEGO Group’s large-scale LEGO brick model of Smaug from The Hobbit Trilogy will be on
display in the Warner Bros. booth #4545 at San Diego Comic-Con. Pictured: designer Erik Varszegi.
- The creative MasterBuilders at The LEGO Group are at it again with a Comic-Con exclusive: a life-sized recreation of the legendary Dragon Smaug (that’s “human” life-sized vs. “dragon” life-sized), from The Hobbit Trilogy.
- Standing at more than six feet tall and weighing in excess of 400 pounds, the large-scale dragon is constructed from 83,433 LEGO® bricks and took over 625 hours to design and build. Featuring a (to Dragon scale) Hobbit-sized Bilbo Baggins and shining Arkenstone, the epic LEGO Smaug stands guard at the Warner Bros. booth!
- This December, Oscar®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson will unleash the epic final film in The Hobbit Trilogy, based on the timeless masterpiece by J.R.R. Tolkien, from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. In The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Bilbo’s journey culminates in a desperate and dangerous choice as darkness converges on the Lonely Mountain and the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must decide — unite or be destroyed. Ian McKellen returns as Gandalf the Grey, with Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. The ensemble cast is led by Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ken Stott, James Nesbitt, with Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, and Orlando Bloom.
MUPPETS TAKE SAN DIEGO!
- In celebration of its upcoming 45th season, Sesame Street is sending a Muppet delegation to the Con for a Meet & Greet on Sunday, July 27th from 2:00–3:00 p.m. at the Warner Bros Booth.
- Fans of all ages will have the chance to meet Cookie Monster, Bert, Grover and Murray Monster and their performers in a one-of-a-kind get together at the Warner Bros. booth.
- IN addition, the first 100 fans will walk away with the latest Sesame Street and Warner Bros. DVD – Learning Rocks!
THE CAT’S OUT OF THE BAG!
COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVE: SOFT KITTY PREVIEW GAME PIECE FROM
MONOPOLY® THE BIG BANG THEORY EDITION GAME
- The cat’s out of the bag — and can be found at the Warner Bros. booth!
- In a Comic-Con exclusive, Warner Bros. is offering fans of hit comedy The Big Bang Theory the chance to get their hands on a Soft Kitty preview game piece from the MONOPOLY®: The Big Bang Theory edition game, which will be available at retailers nationwide next month.
- Available only at Comic-Con and not included in the actual game, a limited number of the Soft Kitty mover tokens will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth Wednesday, July 23–Sunday, July 27. In-the-know fans can ask for the token at the redemption window at the booth.
STARS & SIGNINGS AND MORE!
- From Thursday through Sunday, a cavalcade of talent — including producers and stars from Warner Bros. Television shows, HBO, Warner Bros. Animation, Warner Home Entertainment and Warner Bros. Pictures — will be signing for fans at the Warner Bros. booth. Talent to be announced. The signing schedule is as follows:
- THURSDAY, JULY 24, 2014
- 3:30pm-4:00pm Into the Storm
- 4:45pm-5:30pm Childrens Hospital
- FRIDAY, JULY 25, 2014
- 10:15am-11:00am iZOMBIE
- 11:45am-12:30pm The Originals
- 2:15pm-2:45pm The 100
- 3:30pm-4:30pm Game of Thrones
- 5:00pm-5:45pm Mike Tyson Mysteries
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Batman: Assault on Arkham
- 6:15pm-6:45pm Banshee
- SATURDAY, JULY 26, 2014
- 11:15am-11:45am Mad Max: Fury Road
- 11:45am-12:30pm Arrow
- 12:30pm-1:00pm The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- 1:30pm-2:00pm Constantine
- 2:00pm-3:00pm True Blood
- 2:45pm-3:30pm The Vampire Diaries
- 4:00pm-4:45pm Gotham
- 5:00pm-5:45pm Person of Interest
- 5:45pm-6:15pm The Flash
- SUNDAY, JULY 27, 2014
- 10:30am-11:15am Teen Titans Go!
- 11:30am-12:15pm Supernatural
- 12:00pm-12:45pm Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy
- 12:30pm-1:15pm The Following
- 12:45pm-1:15pm Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon
LEGENDARY AT SDCC 2014
At Comic-Con 2014, we invite our fans to ‘step inside our worlds’.
We will be at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 hosting a booth on the show floor, holding a panel in Hall H, and much more. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for the latest announcements and updates. We know everyone can’t make it to Comic-Con so we will be covering all the activities through photos & videos, and hosting fan giveaways on our social accounts during and after Comic-Con. Keep an eye out!
Booth Location: #3920
We have worked with master filmmaker Guillermo del Toro to bring his incredible imagination to life, delivering two unique fan experiences for Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak. The booth hosts unique physical props from the hotly anticipated Warcraft, giving fans an exclusive first look right out of the world of the film. Additionally the booth offers previews of Legendary’s upcoming psychological thriller As Above/So Below and the new catalogue of titles from Legendary Comics.
Crimson Peak Gothic Gallery
Step inside the imagination of Guillermo del Toro with The Gothic Gallery, an immersive handcrafted exhibit from master filmmaker. This exclusive fan experience offers a glimpse behidnd the curtain of Crimson Peak, through an intimate set piece of the gothic haunted house he is creating… Beware Crimson Peak!
Head to facebook.com/CrimsonPeakMovie to view images of the Gothic Gallery and sign up for a chance to win an exclusive tour of the Gothic Gallery with the visionary filmmaker Guillermo del Toro.
Visit the Legendary Booth to experience the Gothic Gallery.
Pacific Rim Jaeger Pilot
We have worked closely with the leading pioneers of virtual reality, Oculus VR, to deliver a new benchmark in Oculus Rift experiences.
Fans will experience what it feels like to pilot a 250-story robot as they step into a fully-realized Jaeger Combat Simulator. Strapping on the Oculus Rift headset, fans will ‘Drift with the Rift’ and experience the beloved universe of Pacific Rim in a whole new way.
Watch this video and visit the Legendary Booth at 9 am daily for tickets. First come, first served.
Signing with Warcraft Director Duncan Jones
Legendary and Warcraft fans now have the chance to meet director Duncan Jones, the man responsible for bringing Warcraft to the big screen. Duncan Jones will be doing a signing on Saturday 7/26 at 2 pm at the Blizzard Booth (#115). Tickets will be handed out that morning at 11 am on a first come, first served basis at the Blizzard Booth.
Legendary’s Film Panel – Hall H
Date: Saturday, July 26
Time: 12:35 pm
During our panel, we will be live tweeting from Hall H. Follow along here:@Legendary.
The Batfleck costume, Avengers and Ant-Man posters, a tour of the Sideshow Collectibles booth and a lot more in our first SDCC Digest for 2014.
Marvel will be broadcasting live from the San Diego Comic-Con each day via YouTube, and we have their live stream for you right here.