HIT SHOWTIME DRAMA PENNY DREADFUL TO HEADLINE OPENING DAY OF SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2014
Moderated By Aisha Tyler, Panel on July 24th Will Feature Series Creator John Logan And Stars Josh Hartnett, Reeve Carney And Harry Treadaway
LOS ANGELES, CA – July 7, 2014 – After the thrilling conclusion of its critically-acclaimed first season, the hit SHOWTIME drama series PENNY DREADFUL will make its Comic-Con debut on Thursday, July 24th from 6:00 – 7:00 pm with a panel session in Ballroom 20 on the first day of the world-famous annual gathering in San Diego. Featured panelists will include series stars Josh Hartnett, Reeve Carney and Harry Treadaway and series creator, writer and executive producer John Logan, and will be moderated by Emmy® Award-nominated actress and host Aisha Tyler (The Talk, Archer).
In partnership with Entertainment Earth, Titan Books and Bif Bang Pow!, SHOWTIME will host signings at the event and offer exclusive merchandise throughout the weekend. Fans will have access to special edition books, tarot cards and character figurines inspired by the series. Fans can visit the Entertainment Earth Booth (#2343) to purchase a deluxe deck of tarot cards inspired by the ones used throughout the series, along with character action figures, including Ethan Chandler (Josh Hartnett) and Vanessa Ives (Eva Green). Titan Books has published special editions of the classic novels that inspired the series. For the exclusive Penny Dreadful Collection of classic horror novels including deluxe hardcover editions of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, Bram Stoker’s Dracula and Oscar Wilde’s A Picture of Dorian Gray, which each contain original black and white illustrations by Martin Stiff, Louie de Martinis and Ian Bass, visit Titan’s booth #5537. In addition, the over 150,000 lanyards worn by all Comic-Con attendees will be branded by SHOWTIME and PENNY DREADFUL.
In PENNY DREADFUL, some of literature’s most famous characters – including Dr. Frankenstein, Dorian Gray and iconic figures from the novel Dracula, all brilliantly reimagined in a whole new light – have become embroiled in Victorian London. The series stars Josh Hartnett (Black Hawk Down), Eva Green (Casino Royale), Timothy Dalton (The Living Daylights, License to Kill), Reeve Carney (Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark), Rory Kinnear (Skyfall), Harry Treadaway (The Lone Ranger), Billie Piper (Doctor Who, Secret Diary of a Call Girl) and Danny Sapani (The Bill). PENNY DREADFUL is a drama series created, written and executive produced by three-time Oscar® nominee John Logan (Hugo, The Aviator, Gladiator) and executive produced by Logan’s Desert Wolf Productions, along with Oscar winner Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Skyfall) and Pippa Harris (Revolutionary Road, Call The Midwife), both of Neal Street. The series, a co-production of Sky Atlantic, has been picked up for a second season, which will shoot in Dublin, Ireland for a 2015 premiere on the network. For more information and video clips, please visit www.penny-dreadful.com.
The PENNY DREADFUL panel will be moderated by Emmy Award-nominated actress, comedian, author and podcaster Aisha Tyler. Tyler is currently a co-host of CBS’ The Talk and the host of Whose Line Is It Anyway? She also voices the character of sexy superspy Lana on the hit animated series Archer. Her other television credits include Friends, Talk Soup, Ghost Whisperer, CSI, 24, Nip/Tuck, Reno 911 and Curb Your Enthusiasm, and film roles include Bedtime Stories and Balls of Fury. Tyler is the creator and host of the award-winning podcast, Girl on Guy – which has had over ten million downloads since its inception in 2011. Chosen as a best new comedy podcast of 2011 by iTunes, Girl on Guy is a show about stuff guys love, brought to you by the ultimate guy’s girl, where Tyler interviews top actors, comedians, directors, athletes, chefs, authors and more. She is also the author of two New York Times bestsellers Self Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation and Swerve: Reckless Observations of a Post-Modern Girl.
Image Comics announces Expo will kick-off San Diego Comic-Con festivities
For the first time ever, the highly-anticipated Image Expo, a showcase for one of the biggest publishers in the industry, will go on location this summer in San Diego, Wednesday July 23, preceding San Diego Comic Con International. Image Expo will commence at 2 p.m. PDT at the Hilton Bayfront. Image Comics will be inviting members of the press and comics retailers to attend with complimentary passes to the event.
A limited number of complimentary tickets will be available for fans who are attending the San Diego Comic-Con, as well. Details regarding ticket availability will be forthcoming, and announcements and updates can be found at imagecomics.com.
This Image Expo will feature very special surprise guest creators and even more exciting Image Comics announcements, revealed exclusively to attendees at the event.
“In the spirit of trying new things, we’re pleased to be partnering with CCI to bring Image Expo to San Diego this July,” said Eric Stephenson, Publisher at Image Comics. “We want to get our message out to as many members of the comics community—and connect with Image fans outside of our San Francisco Bay Area home—and felt that taking Expo on the road would be a fun way to do that.”
Following Image Expo, fans will be urged to visit the Image Comics booth (#2729) during SDCC Preview Night for exclusive Image Expo releases and creator signings. In addition, further details on the announcements made at Image Expo will be revealed over the course of the weekend as part of Image Comics’ panel programming.
This marks the third Image Expo hosted by Image Comics, and the first time it will be held outside of the Bay Area. Previously, Image Expo has been held at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco and featured over 20 industry-rocking, unprecedented announcements such as a five-year deal between Image Comics and Noir Masters Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips that will begin with the launch of the epic ongoing series THE FADE OUT on 8/20.
HISTORY’S HIT DRAMA SERIES VIKINGS RETURNS TO RAID SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2014
HISTORY’S Hit Drama Series VIKINGS Returns to Raid San Diego Comic Con 2014 with Panel and Appearances by Travis Fimmel, Katheryn Winnick, Clive Standen, Alexander Ludwig and Creator Michael Hirst
New York, New York – July 7, 2014 – HISTORY®’s hit scripted drama series VIKINGS returns to San Diego Comic Con on Friday, July 25 with several exciting opportunities for fans, including a panel with exclusive season three footage, an interactive “On the Set” experience and autograph signing.
Details are as follows:
HISTORY’s VIKINGS Panel: Friday, July 25 from 4:45 – 5:45 p.m., Room 6A
VIKINGS returns to SDCC fresh from the season three set. Travis Fimmel (Ragnar), Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha), Clive Standen (Rollo) and Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn) along with Michael Hirst (writer/creator) and Julian Hobbs (VP Scripted & Non-Fiction Development & Programming, HISTORY) will reveal an exclusive sneak peek of the new season. Don’t miss out – come join them and find out what the gods have in store for season three!
“On the Set with VIKINGS”: Thursday, July 24 – Saturday, July 26. Location: 450 2nd Avenue
Cast Autograph Signing on Friday, July 25 from 1 – 2 p.m. at 450 2nd Avenue
Fans will get a behind-the-scenes look at VIKINGS and have a starring role in their own custom video that can be shared on social media. From the moment fans enter the “back-lot” they will be treated as cast members. Upon entering, guests will create a character profile and choose a weapon of choice. Next, they will meet with hair and make-up artists to become transformed into a fierce Viking and be placed into three scenes complete with Vikings ships, battles, axes and villages. When fans have completed the experience they will have a :30 video to share via Twitter, Facebook or Vine.
Travis Fimmel (Ragnar), Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha), Clive Standen (Rollo) and Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn) will make an appearance on Friday, July 25 from 1 – 2 p.m. at 450 2nd Ave. to sign autographs and take photos with fans.
VIKINGS Comic Book – Creator & Story by Michael Hirst, Written by Joe Brusha & Ralph Tedesco, Artwork by Giuliano Piccinnino with Cover Art by Anthony Spray
Custom, limited edition VIKINGS comic book will be given to select fans who visit the “On the Set” activation on 450 2nd Avenue. In this exclusive comic book for SDCC, the character Floki entertains the Vikings with a humorous tale of Thor, Loki and other gods.
VIKINGS tells the extraordinary tales of the lives and epic adventures of these warriors. The drama portrays the world of these Dark Age raiders, traders, explorers – not from an outsider’s view, but, through the eyes of Viking society. VIKINGS centers on Ragnar (Travis Fimmel), a restless young warrior and family man who longs to find and conquer new lands across the sea and claim the spoils as his own.
Travis Fimmel (Warcraft) continues to lead the stellar cast as Ragnar, along with Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha, an Earl and fierce shield maiden; Clive Standen as Rollo, Ragnar’s impulsive brother; Alexander Ludwig as Bjorn, the intelligent and bold warrior son of Ragnar; George Blagden as Athelstan, a young and not-so-innocent monk; Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy, beautiful wife of the late Earl Haraldson; Linus Roache as Ecbert, King of Wessex, a man of strength, knowledge and undisguised ambition; Gustaf Skarsgard as Floki, a ship builder who designs the new generation of Vikings ships and Alyssa Sutherland as Princess Aslaug, Ragnar’s new wife.
Joining the cast for season three are Lothaire Bluteau (The Tudors) as Emperor Charles of France, a powerful man who views battling the Vikings as spiritual and earthly; Kevin Durand (The Strain) as The Wanderer, a mysterious man who is not what he seems; and Morgane Polanski (The Ghost) as Princess Gisla, the elegant, self-possessed daughter of Emperor Charles and his most trusted advisor and Ben Robson (Dracula: The Dark Prince) as Kalf, Lagertha’s trusted second in command
VIKINGS is created and written by Michael Hirst – one of the premier historical story-tellers in the industry (Academy-Award winning film Elizabeth; and the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated series The Tudors).
HISTORY® has picked up a 10-episode third season of VIKINGS. Season three is currently in production in Ireland and is slated to return in 2015.
HISTORY®, now reaching more than 98 million homes, is the leading destination for award-winning original series and specials that connect viewers with history in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across all platforms. The network’s all-original programming slate, including scripted event programming, features a roster of hit series including American Pickers®, American Restoration™, Ax Men™, Counting Cars™, Pawn Stars®, Swamp People® and The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man as well as HISTORY®’s first scripted series Vikings, and epic miniseries and special programming such as The Bible and the Emmy® Award-winning Hatfields & McCoys, Men Who Built America, Gettysburg, Vietnam in HD, America The Story of Us® and 102 Minutes That Changed America. The HISTORY® website is the leading online resource for all things history, and in 2011, the United States Library of Congress selected HISTORY®’s Civil War 150 site for inclusion in the historic collection of Internet materials related to the American Civil War sesquicentennial. www.history.com.
FX NETWORKS ANNOUNCES 2014 COMIC-CON SLATE
ARCHER, AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN, SONS OF ANARCHY AND THE STRAIN HEAD TO SAN DIEGO
July 7, 2014, LOS ANGELES – FX Networks’ original series Archer, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story: Coven and The Strain are heading to Comic-Con in San Diego starting Friday, July 25 for panel discussions, press rooms and autograph signings.
Fans of Archer will be treated to an exclusive screening of an original short animation piece created specifically for SDCC, plus the upcoming never-before-seen season six premiere episode. Sons of Anarchy fans can expect some exclusive first-look footage from the upcoming seventh and final season while American Horror Story: Coven will take a look back at the recent installment and tease the upcoming American Horror Story: Freak Show. To round out the weekend, The Strain will show the never-before-seen third episode airing July 27 as well as an extended recap reel of the season so far.
Below is the full schedule:
Friday, July 25
FOX Booth Signing
Press Room: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Panel: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Screening and Q&A: Archer is an animated comedy that revolves around the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS) and its employees who use every covert operation and global crisis as another excuse to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain. Come see an exclusive screening of an original short animation piece created specifically for SDCC, plus the upcoming never-before-seen season six premiere episode. Then join the voice cast of H. Jon Benjamin, Aisha Tyler, Chris Parnell, Judy Greer, Amber Nash and Lucky Yates, plus creator Adam Reed and co-executive producer Casey Willis as they discuss bringing this animated series to life. Room: Indigo Ballroom. Moderator: TBD.
Saturday, July 26
AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN
FOX Booth Signing
Panel: 7:00-8:00 PM – Screening and Q&A: Fans will get an inside look at the most recent installment of AHS with cast members Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Michael Chiklis, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Emma Roberts, and Executive Producer Tim Minear. The screening portion will feature an exclusive look back at AHS: Coven and will tease the upcoming AHS: Freak Show. Room: 6DE. Moderator: TBD.
Sunday, July 27
SONS OF ANARCHY
FOX Booth Signing
Press Room: 10:30 AM -12:00 PM
Panel: 12:30 PM -1:30 PM – Screening and Q&A. Get an inside look into the upcoming final season of FX’s highest-rated series ever, with creator Kurt Sutter, executive producer Paris Barclay and the entire cast: Charlie Hunnam (via satellite), Katey Sagal, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie, and Jimmy Smits. Room: Hall H. Moderator: TBD.
FOX Booth Signing
Press Room: 12:15 PM -1:30 PM
Panel: 1:45 PM – 3:45 PM – Screening and Q&A. Experience a sneak peek into the highly anticipated new drama The Strain, a high concept thriller based on the best-selling vampire novel trilogy of the same title premiering July 13. Fans will first be treated to an extended recap reel of the first season and a screening of the never-before-seen third episode of the season (airing July 27). Immediately following the screening, there will be a Q&A with creator/author Guillermo del Toro, Executive Producer/Showrunner Carlton Cuse, Executive Producer/writer Chuck Hogan and the entire cast: Corey Stoll, David Bradley, Mia Maestro, Sean Astin, Kevin Durand, Jonathan Hyde, Richard Sammel, Miguel Gomez, Ben Hyland and Jack Kesey. Room: Hall H. Moderator: Damian Holbrook
Stephen Amell, star of Arrow, posted the following to his Facebook page:
You know I’m going to be at San Diego Comic-Con International this year, but you have no idea what I’m going to be doing. The Arrow panel on Friday evening is the literal tip of the iceberg. Feel free to speculate. There are (at least) 3 more things on my schedule. Big things. Needless to say, I plan on winning Comic-Con this year. Captain Style.
SPACE COMMAND ROCKETS TO COMIC CON!
One of the few original projects to be promoted at the convention this year
Not every project trumpeted at this year’s San Diego Comic Con will be a remake, sequel, or project based on an old TV series.
A new and original science fiction franchise created by award-winning writer/director Marc Scott Zicree (Sliders), Space Command boasts an impressive cast headed by Robert Picardo, Bill Mumy, Doug Jones and Mira Furlan.
Space Command follows the bold future adventures of the United Planet’s Space Command, a dedicated group of scientists, soldiers and adventurers exploring and taming the vast expanse of our solar system for human colonization.
Every Comic Con attendee that attends the Space Command panel on Friday July 25 will snag themselves the brand-new Space Command poster!
SPACE COMMAND – BOLD ADVENTURES
Join the cast and creators live!
Friday July 25th, 8:00p.m. Room 25. Free signed poster — Don’t miss it!
Stan Lee to appear in San Antonio at Alamo City Comic Con
Event to take place this coming September 26th through the 28th
Legendary comic book creator Stan Lee is set to make his first ever appearance in San Antonio. He will attend Friday and Saturday of Alamo City Comic Con, in only its second year. Lee will be available for autographs, photo opportunities and a Q&A panel during this time.
Stan Lee is an American comic book writer, editor, publisher, media producer, television host, actor, voice actor and former president and chairman of Marvel Comics.
In collaboration with several artists, most notably Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, he co-created Spider-Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Thor, the X-Men, and many other fictional characters. Lee also led the expansion of Marvel Comics from a small division of a publishing house to a large multimedia corporation.
Lee was inducted into the comic book industry’s Will Eisner Award Hall of Fame in 1994 and the Jack Kirby Hall of Fame in 1995.
Alamo City Comic Con (ACCC) takes place September 26-28 in downtown San Antonio, TX at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. ACCC is presented by Bud Light, Santikos Theatres, San Antonio Current, 99.5 KISS, Heroes & Fantasies and The Uresti Law Firm, P.C. The times for each day are as follows: Friday the 26th 11AM-8PM, Saturday the 27th 10AM-8PM and Sunday the 28th 11AM-6PM. For a complete guest list and advance tickets, visit www.alamocitycomiccon.com.
Alamo City Comic Con (ACCC) is a celebration of comic book art and pop culture, bringing the big comic con experience to San Antonio. “ACCC is our dream of sharing the art of comics with San Antonio and the world.” Alfredo “Apple” DeLaFuente.
About Alamo City Comic Con
Alamo City Comic Con is in its second year. Its inaugural year in 2013 brought in over 35,000 attendees during the 3-day event. Additional sponsors include Red Bull, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, The Billy Madison Show, Fire Wok and Old School 85. ACCC prides itself on its collaborations with the artistic community as well as their work with charity, including raising funds to fight breast cancer and art contests involving local schools. To learn more visit www.alamocitycomiccon.com or visit our Facebook and Twitter (@ALAMOCITYCOMICC) pages.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP AMPS UP THE ACTION AT COMIC-CON® 2014 WITH SUPER HEROES, SUPER-VILLAINS, SCIENTISTS, VAMPIRES, VIGILANTES AND A MASSIVE SATURDAY NIGHT EVENT WITH DC ENTERTAINMENT
Studio Brings 15 Series to Comic-Con from Top Producers Including Greg Berlanti, Bruno Heller, Greg Plageman, Julie Plec, Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright, Kevin Williamson and Many More
In Addition to a First Ever Saturday Night WBTV/DC Entertainment Event, Fans Won’t Want to Miss Panels and Signings with the Stars and Producers of Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, Constantine, The Flash, The Following, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries
BURBANK, Calif. (July 02, 2014) — It wouldn’t be summer without a sizzling, action-packed lineup from Warner Bros. Television Group at Comic-Con International: San Diego. The Studio returns to the world’s leading pop-culture convention in 2014 with 15 series, including 10 returning fan-favorite shows and five programs making their much-anticipated Comic-Con debut. Plus, for the first-time ever, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment are joining forces for an epic special Saturday night event on July 26, as previously announced, featuring super heroes, Super-Villains, screenings and special appearances, including the world premiere of Gotham.
Participating in all the action are Comic-Con favorites and new additions including The Following’s Kevin Bacon; The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; The Flash’s Grant Gustin (Arrow); Constantine’s Matt Ryan and Harold Perrineau (Lost); The Originals’ Joseph Morgan; Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; Mike Tyson Mysteries’ Mike Tyson; and cast members from Gotham — to name just a few — who will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash), Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals), Jason Rothenberg (The 100), Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (iZOMBIE, Veronica Mars), Kevin Williamson (The Following, The Vampire Diaries) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
- Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment have your Saturday night all taken care of with a three-hour special event on July 26 featuring the world premiere of Gotham (the only time Gotham will screen during Comic-Con), a screening of The Flash pilot, and footage from the much-anticipated Constantine pilot and from the upcoming third season of Arrow.
- Comic-Con essentials Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Following, The 100, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries are all back in San Diego.
- World-premiere screenings of complete pilot episodes of highly anticipated new WBTV series The Flash, Constantine and iZOMBIE on Preview Night, plus an advance look at a new episode of Teen Titans Go!
- The Studio’s 2,400-square foot booth will once again be a must-visit destination on the convention floor
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://bit.ly/1mhkeCC
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 23
6:00 p.m. — It’s OK, you can peek — WBTV gets Comic-Con off to a dramatic start for the seventh year in a row by hosting a special sneak peek, world-premiere screening event on Preview Night, debuting some of the most hotly anticipated new series of the year. For 2014, WBTV will screen the complete pilot episodes of The Flash, Constantine and iZOMBIE. Additionally, Warner Bros. Animation will unveil a brand-new episode of Teen Titans Go! Ballroom 20
- The Flash: From the Arrow creative team of executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter, The Flash is a fast-paced super hero drama based upon the characters from DC Comics that follows the high-speed adventures of the Fastest Man Alive. With a pilot written by Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, the action drama follows police scientist and everyday guy Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), who, after an unexpected Particle Accelerator accident, is suddenly charged with the ability to move at incredible speeds, which he uses to help the people of Central City.
- Constantine: Based upon the characters from DC Comics and executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight films), Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine (Matt Ryan), a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond.
- iZOMBIE: Co-created and executive produced by Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars), along with executive producers Danielle Stokdyk and Dan Etheridge (also of Veronica Mars), Rose McIver (Masters of Sex, Once Upon a Time) stars as Olivia “Liv” Moore, a 25-year-old medical resident on the fast track to a perfect life … until she’s turned into a zombie. Liv transfers her residency to the coroner’s office for access to the brains she must reluctantly eat, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories. With her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she now solves homicides to quiet the voices in her head. iZOMBIE is based upon characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred for Vertigo.
- Teen Titans Go!: Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven continue the fun in Teen Titans Go! with all-new comedic adventures, giving viewers a look at what life is really like as a teen super hero … once the cape comes off.
WBTV/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks.
THURSDAY, JULY 24
- 6:00–7:00 p.m. — Childrens Hospital (New episodes in 2015, Adult Swim): Creator and star Rob Corddry will share an exclusive video sneak peek at season six and will be joined onstage by select members of the show’s cast for a lively — and medically accurate — Q&A. Room 25ABC
FRIDAY, JULY 25
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. — The Big Bang Theory (Mondays 8/7c CBS, season premiere September 22; Thursdays 8/7c CBS beginning October 30): Back by popular demand! The Big Bang Theory writers are back in San Diego and ready to share secrets behind TV’s #1 comedy. Ballroom 20
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. — iZOMBIE (Midseason on The CW): iZOMBIE makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time), Malcolm Goodwin (Breakout Kings), newcomer Rahul Kohli and Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), as well as executive producers Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) and Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars). Room 6BCF
- 2:30–3:15 p.m. — Mike Tyson Mysteries (Premiering this fall, Adult Swim): In this new animated comedy series, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets … by solving mysteries! Join us for a first look at this new adult animated series and a can’t-miss panel featuring Mike Tyson, Rachel Ramras (MAD), Jim Rash (Community) and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show). Indigo Ballroom
- 3:15–4:15 p.m. — The 100 (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW, season premiere October 22): After the stunning events in the season finale, join us for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A with series stars as well as executive producer Jason Rothenberg. Room 6BCF
- 4:15–5:15 p.m. — The Originals (Mondays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 6): Last season’s top new series on The CW returns to Comic-Con! Join executive producer Julie Plec, co-executive producer Michael Narducci and series stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Leah Pipes and Danielle Campbell for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A. Ballroom 20
- 5:30–6:30 p.m. — Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 8): Arrow series stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne and John Barrowman — with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg — will take aim at San Diego with a special video presentation and panel discussion previewing the show’s upcoming and highly-anticipated third season. Ballroom 20
SATURDAY, JULY 26
- 4:00–4:45 p.m. — The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 2): The cast and creative team behind The Vampire Diaries return to San Diego for a sizzling sixth appearance at Comic-Con! Series stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Kat Graham join executive producer/writer Julie Plec on stage for a video screening and Q&A session. Ballroom 20
- 5:15–6:15 p.m. — Constantine (Fridays 10/9c NBC, series premiere October 24): Based upon the characters from DC Comics, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. Attendees will see a screening of the complete pilot, followed by a Q&A with series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Harold Perrineau (Lost) and Charles Halford (True Detective), along with executive producers Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight films). Room 6BCF
- 6:15–7:00 p.m. — Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c CBS, season premiere September 23): The smash hit Person of Interest returns to San Diego for the fourth year! Join executive producer Greg Plageman along with series stars for a special video presentation and Q&A. Room 6BCF
- 8:00–11:00 p.m. — Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: The Flash, Constantine, Arrow and the World Premiere of Gotham with Special Appearances by Casts and Producers: For the first time ever at Comic-Con, Warner Bros. Television presents an entire evening filled with some of DC Entertainment’s greatest characters, featuring the world premiere pilot screening — and only Comic-Con screening — of the highly anticipated new series Gotham (Mondays this fall, 8/7c on FOX). The much-buzzed about pilot of The Flash will also be screened — if you can catch it — along with exclusive video presentations of returning hit Arrow and new thriller Constantine. Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances on stage throughout the night. Hall H
SUNDAY, JULY 27
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. — Supernatural (Tuesdays 9/8c The CW, Season Premiere October 7): Join series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard, along with executive producer Jeremy Carver as they answer questions from the audience about what’s in store for the tenth season of this exciting series, including its upcoming 200th episode! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights, and special features from the upcoming Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season DVD and Blu-ray™ release. Hall H
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. — The Following (Midseason on FOX): Hit thriller The Following returns to Comic-Con for a third year! Series stars Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore, Sam Underwood and Jessica Stroup will join creator/executive producer Kevin Williamson and executive producers Marcos Siega and Jennifer Johnson for an on-stage Q&A and special video presentation. Hall H
- 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. — Teen Titans Go! (Thursdays 6/5c Cartoon Network): Find out what’s in store for Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven — or just throw a meatball party with your friends! The Teen Titans are back at it again with all-new comedic adventures and, after screening a brand-new episode, there will be a Q&A with producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) and members of the voice cast. Plus, making a special appearance at the panel will be Puffy AmiYumi, the Japanese pop duo responsible for the iconic theme song from the original Teen Titans series. Room 6BCF
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND DC ENTERTAINMENT JOIN FORCES TO PRESENT THE FIRST EVER WBTV/DC ENTERTAINMENT SATURDAY NIGHT, FEATURING THE WORLD PREMIERE OF GOTHAM AND MUCH MORE ON SATURDAY, JULY 26 AT COMIC-CON 2014
DC Comics Fans Get Ready for the Only Comic-Con Screening of Gotham, a Complete Pilot Screening of The Flash, Plus Exclusive Footage From Constantine and Season Three of Arrow
BURBANK, Calif. (June 30, 2014) — Get ready for a spectacular Saturday night at Comic-Con 2014, courtesy of Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DC Entertainment (DCE). For the first time ever at SDCC, WBTV and DCE will present a three-hour special event on Saturday night, July 26, designed specifically for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. Kicking off the exclusive evening is the world premiere public screening of the highly anticipated new drama series Gotham (the only screening of Gotham at this year’s Comic-Con), followed by a screening of the complete pilot of new action-drama The Flash, and exclusive video presentations from returning hit Arrow and new thriller Constantine. Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances throughout the night.
- Gotham World Premiere: For the first time ever, DC Comics fans will enter the dangerous and compelling world of Gotham with a screening of the pilot episode, followed by an appearance by the cast and producers.
- The Flash Pilot Screening: Following a full-length screening of The Flash pilot, cast and producers will stop running long enough to take the stage.
- Constantine Exclusive Footage: The enigmatic John Constantine makes his television debut at Comic-Con with footage from the upcoming series, and fans will be treated to a visit from the cast and creative team.
- Arrow Season Three: Arrow returns to Comic-Con with never-before-seen teaser footage from the upcoming third season followed by cast and producers taking on fans’ most pointed questions.
Additional WBTV Comic-Con 2014 panels will be announced in the near future. For additional information about WBTV activities at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv and join in the conversation by using hashtag #WBSDCC, or visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
Before there was Batman, there was Gotham. The origin story of some of DC Comics greatest Super-Villains and vigilantes, this one hour drama follows Detective Jim Gordon’s rise to power in a dangerously corrupt city that would spawn iconic characters such as The Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler and a young Bruce Wayne. Airing Mondays at 8/7c this fall on FOX, Gotham stars Ben McKenzie (Southland), Donal Logue (Vikings), Sean Pertwee (Elementary), Robin Lord Taylor (The Walking Dead), Erin Richards (Being Human), David Mazouz (Touch), Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara (Burn Notice), Cory Michael Smith (Camp X-Ray), Victoria Cartagena (The Good Wife), Andrew Stewart-Jones (Person of Interest) and Jada Pinkett Smith (The Matrix films). Bruno Heller (The Mentalist, Rome) wrote the Gotham pilot, which was directed by Danny Cannon (Nikita). Heller, Cannon and John Stephens (Gossip Girl) are executive producers of the series, which is based on the characters from DC Comics and is a production of Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFOX, and follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.
About The Flash
This lightning-paced super hero drama follows the high-speed adventures of the Fastest Man Alive. After an unexpected accident with a Particle Accelerator, police scientist and everyday guy Barry Allen finds himself suddenly charged with the ability to move at incredible speeds, which he uses to help the people of Central City. Premiering October 7 and airing Tuesdays at 8/7c on The CW, The Flash stars Grant Gustin (Arrow, Glee), Candice Patton (The Game), Rick Cosnett (The Vampire Diaries), Danielle Panabaker (Friday the 13th), Carlos Valdes, with Tom Cavanagh (Ed, Scrubs) and Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order). John Wesley Shipp (The Flash ) guest stars. Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, Fringe) and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns wrote The Flash pilot, which was directed by David Nutter (Arrow, Game of Thrones, Smallville). Berlanti, Kreisberg, Nutter and Sarah Schechter (upcoming Peter Pan feature film) are executive producers of The Flash, which is based upon the characters from DC Comics and is produced by Bonanza Productions, Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of The Flash on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWTheFlash, and follow the show on Twitter at @CW_TheFlash.
John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness — from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent con-man and occult expert, he doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil…but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. Premiering October 24, Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC and stars Matt Ryan (The Tudors) as John Constantine, Charles Halford (True Detective) as Chas and Harold Perrineau (Lost) as Manny. Based on the characters from DC Comics and produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, Constantine is executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter, The Mentalist) and David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight trilogy). Neil Marshall (The Descent) directed the pilot from a teleplay by Cerone and story by Cerone & Goyer. Become a fan of Constantine at www.facebook.com/Constantine and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCConstantine.
After being gone for five years, during which time he suffered unimaginable ordeals, billionaire Oliver Queen returned home to Starling City with a mysterious agenda and a new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime in this hard-hitting action series. Returning for its third season October 8, Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW. Starring Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, with John Barrowman and Paul Blackthorne, Arrow was developed and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg. Based upon the characters from DC Comics, Arrow is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWArrow, and follow the show on Twitter at @CW_Arrow.
VALIANT Heads South for FLORIDA SUPERCON – This Weekend in Miami!
From Thursday, July 3rd through Sunday, July 6th, join Valiant for a holiday weekend packed with signings, special guests, and convention-only exclusives, only at Florida Supercon – Miami’s largest comic book and pop culture convention!
Join Valiant all weekend long at Booth #736 inside the Miami Beach Convention Center for signings from New York Times best-selling artist and creator Clayton Henry (Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong)! Plus, stop by to shop a complete collection of hardcover and trade paperback collections, Valiant merchandise, and convention-only exclusives that can’t be found anywhere else!
Then, round out the weekend with the VALIANT FIRST AND BEYOND panel presentation on Saturday, July 5th at 4:15 PM in the Flamingo 3 Ballroom! As Valiant steamrolls into yet another super-summer, find out what the future holds for the publisher’s power-packed VALIANT FIRST line-up of new series – including RAI, ARMOR HUNTERS, THE DELINQUENTS, THE DEATH-DEFYING DR. MIRAGE, and more – with an all-star panel including Valiant CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani and special surprise guests!
We’ll see you in Miami!
For tickets, programming information, and more, visit FloridaSuperCon.com.