We are one month away from the long-awaited RETURN of ATOMICON Comics Expo XXXI, to be held on SATURDAY, August 30, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Holiday Inn of Manahawkin, located at 151 RT. 72 East in Manahawkin N.J. (Exit 63 off of the Garden State Parkway) near the juncture of RT. 72 and RT.9.
*Special Holiday Weekend LOW Admission Charge of Just ONE Dollar for Adults and Teens (Kids are FREE) guarantees that YOU have MORE to SPEND in our Climate-controlled Dealers Room on TENS of THOUSANDS of COMICS (Golden Age to Present), DVDs, Action Figures, Supplies, and all manner of Comic Collectibles!
*Free, Free, FREE!: FREE Admission for Kids (12-and-Under)…FREE Parking for Con attendees in the Hotel parking lot…FREE Comics for the First 100 Patrons!
*Dandy DOOR PRIZES!: Our Atomicon give-aways can’t be beat: Bat-Bux $howca$h, our “famous” Mystery Box ‘O’ Stuff (over $100 value inside), the Free GAS CARD Give-away…plus a special “Dealers Only” Door Prize, awarded at end of the show!
*Garrulous Guest ARTISTS!: Rick (Zach & the Zombie) CELANO, Doug (Sugar Ray Finhead) BARON, Andrew LETA (first time at this show)…
*NEW this year: Special Charity AUCTION: a special Comic Auction will be held at 1 p.m., featuring hard-to-find collectibles, right alongside unbeatable bargains for collectors on a budget…all for a Good Cause (to be specified at the show)!
*Easy ACCESS: Take the Garden State Parkway or Route 9 (for north-south travel) and RT. 72 (east-west), to find us, quick and easy, on a 6-lane highway. No car? No problem! Use the Rt.9 BUS (Atlantic City/Lakewood line) and get off at Rt.72..!
*TRADITION!: For 15 Years (and 30 shows), ATOMICON has been synonymous with Always Affordable Family Entertainment…and a MegaTON of Comic FUN! DON’T let the summer pass without taking in a N.J. Shore TRADITION: the ONE…the ONLY…the ORIGINAL ATOMICON! It’s a bird…it’s a plane…It’s YOU…at ATOMICON! Be there…or Be SQUARE! – The Promotion Team at Surf Pirates Productions
It is the return of the Philadelphia Comic-Con on Sunday August 17th. This comic book convention is held at the Clarion Hotel (formerly the Ramada) located at 76 Industrial Highway (Route 291) in Essington, PA 19029. The hotel is conveniently located off of exit 9A from I-95. It is also close to I-76,I-476 and most bridges from New Jersey. Show hours are 10 AM to 4 PM. Admission is only $3 per person. Students of any age (including college) are admitted free with a current id. Parking is also free on premises. For those of you that do not drive Septa Bus Route 37 stops directly in front of the hotel.
It is quite a site to behold with 60+ tables at the show in the 4,500 square foot ballroom of the hotel. Dealers from 5 states setup there selling, buying and even trading with collectors. Thousands and thousands of comic books from the 1940′s to present day will be for sale at the show. Also available will be collecting supplies, graphic novels, action figures, statues, non-sportcards, dvd’s and original artwork. The show has become a fan favorite for years with people travelling up to 3 hours one way just to shop at the show.
Special guest artist this show is Neil Vokes. Neil is a long time comic book artist who has been an industry professional since the early 80’s. A South Jersey resident with a international following for his past work on “Superman Adventures” by DC Comics.
Any questions about the convention can be sent to email@example.com or we can be reached by phone at 856-217-5737. Fans can also check us out on the web at www.philadelphiacomic-con.com. Or on Facebook at facebook.com/PhiladelphiaComicCon.
San Jose Super Toy, Comic Book & Collectible Show Hosts actors Adrienne Barbeau & Cindy Williams.
Saturday & Sunday August 16 & 17, 2014
Early Bird admission: 9 am -11 am, $15
General Admission: 11 am – 4:30 pm, $8
The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
344 Tully Rd.
San Jose, CA 95111
Toy & Comic Book collectors are invited to the San Jose Super Toy, Comic Book & Collectible Show on Saturday & Sunday August 16 & 17, 2014!
Come see over 250 tables filled with every variety of Vintage to Modern Collectibles, including Toys, Magazines, Comic Books, Vinyl Records, Posters, GI Joes, Robots, Disneyana, Legos, Sports, TV, Music, and Movie Memorabilia, and lots more! We are Northern California’s Largest vintage Toy and Collectible show, growing in size and attendance since 1995.
Our Scheduled Media guests are Adrienne Barbeau & Cindy Williams.
Adrienne Barbeau is known for her creation of Rizzo in the original Broadway production of Grease. She also played Bea Arthur’s daughter, Carol, in the hit series Maude. Movie fans know her best for her performances in The Fog, Escape From New York, Creepshow, and Swamp Thing. She also played Catwoman in the Batman animated TV series.
Cindy Williams played Laurie Henderson, Ron Howard’s high school sweetheart in George Lucas’s American Graffiti . Williams was cast as a fun-loving brewery worker, Shirley Feeney, in an episode of Happy Days, alongside Penny Marshall, who played her best friend/roommate Laverne De Fazio. The girls were introduced as female companions of Fonzie (Henry Winkler), and their appearance proved so popular that Garry Marshall, producer of Happy Days and Penny Marshall’s brother, commissioned a spin-off for the characters. The television series was named LAVERNE & SHIRLEY.
All guests will be signing photos and taking snapshots with attendees for a nominal fee. All guests are subject to cancellation due to professional commitments.
For Show and Dealer Information:
We will continue to add more videos and links here for SDCC 2014 as we come across them but for now here is our final compilation.
A look at some of the cosplayers of Comic-Con, videos of The Avengers: Age of Ultron panel and Zack Snyder and friends, plus lots of more.
Get a glimpse of the Batman v. Superman footage from Comic-Con plus a Mad Max trailer, Wonder Woman revealed, the complete Age of Ultron poster, and more.
Sting shows up at the WWE panel, Matthew McConaughey shows up to push Interstellar, and Microsoft releases a trailer for HALO Nightfall.
VIRTUAL REALITY MEETS MIDDLE EARTH — AND THE MUPPETS (!) AT WARNER BROS.’ STAR-PACKED BOOTH FOR COMIC-CON 2014
Go Into the Storm with the 4D Oculus Rift Experience and Get Up Close and Personal with Stars, Smaug, Sesame Street and Soft Kitty
Full Signing Schedule Released for Warner Bros. Booth
BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2014) — With Comic-Con 2014 only days away, the behind-she-scenes team at the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) is working its magic creating another must-see environment, including a 4-D immersive Oculus Rift experience allowing fans into the heart-stopping excitement of Warner Bros. upcoming Into the Storm film (unleashed on August 8, 2014); an epic-sized LEGO® Smaug, the legendary dragon from Warner Bros. trilogy of The Hobbit films; a personal appearance by some of Sesame Street’s most familiar faces; and an exclusive Soft Kitty giveaway for fans of The Big Bang Theory, only in San Diego. Always a destination for Comic-Con fans, the Warner Bros. booth will be a constant flux of activity, including giveaways, autograph signings and more.
For a closer look at this year’s Warner Bros. booth activities, read on:
INTO THE STORM: THE 4D OCULUS RIFT EXPERIENCE
- Prepare to go #IntoTheStorm with an intense experiential booth featuring a 4-D immersive Oculus Rift experience that puts fans directly into a recreated scene from the upcoming tornado survival film.
- Releasing on August 8th, Into the Storm, from New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, stars Richard Armitage (The Hobbit films), Sarah Wayne Callies (The Walking Dead), Matt Walsh (Ted), Alycia Debnam-Carey (Where the Devil Hides) and Arlen Escarpeta (Final Destination 5).
- In the span of a single day, the town of Silverton is ravaged by an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes. The entire town is at the mercy of the erratic and deadly cyclones, even as storm trackers predict the worst is yet to come. Most people seek shelter, while others run towards the vortex, testing how far a storm chaser will go for that once-in-a-lifetime shot. Told through the eyes and lenses of professional storm chasers, thrill-seeking amateurs, and courageous townspeople, Into the Stormthrows viewers directly into the eye of the storm to experience Mother Nature at her most extreme.
- Fans who survive the storm will have their reactions to the experience captured on camera, and once they exit the booth, they will be able to immediately share their experience from a social wall on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube.
FIND YOURSELF FACE TO FACE WITH SMAUG
The LEGO Group’s large-scale LEGO brick model of Smaug from The Hobbit Trilogy will be on
display in the Warner Bros. booth #4545 at San Diego Comic-Con. Pictured: designer Erik Varszegi.
- The creative MasterBuilders at The LEGO Group are at it again with a Comic-Con exclusive: a life-sized recreation of the legendary Dragon Smaug (that’s “human” life-sized vs. “dragon” life-sized), from The Hobbit Trilogy.
- Standing at more than six feet tall and weighing in excess of 400 pounds, the large-scale dragon is constructed from 83,433 LEGO® bricks and took over 625 hours to design and build. Featuring a (to Dragon scale) Hobbit-sized Bilbo Baggins and shining Arkenstone, the epic LEGO Smaug stands guard at the Warner Bros. booth!
- This December, Oscar®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson will unleash the epic final film in The Hobbit Trilogy, based on the timeless masterpiece by J.R.R. Tolkien, from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. In The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Bilbo’s journey culminates in a desperate and dangerous choice as darkness converges on the Lonely Mountain and the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must decide — unite or be destroyed. Ian McKellen returns as Gandalf the Grey, with Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. The ensemble cast is led by Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ken Stott, James Nesbitt, with Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, and Orlando Bloom.
MUPPETS TAKE SAN DIEGO!
- In celebration of its upcoming 45th season, Sesame Street is sending a Muppet delegation to the Con for a Meet & Greet on Sunday, July 27th from 2:00–3:00 p.m. at the Warner Bros Booth.
- Fans of all ages will have the chance to meet Cookie Monster, Bert, Grover and Murray Monster and their performers in a one-of-a-kind get together at the Warner Bros. booth.
- IN addition, the first 100 fans will walk away with the latest Sesame Street and Warner Bros. DVD – Learning Rocks!
THE CAT’S OUT OF THE BAG!
COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVE: SOFT KITTY PREVIEW GAME PIECE FROM
MONOPOLY® THE BIG BANG THEORY EDITION GAME
- The cat’s out of the bag — and can be found at the Warner Bros. booth!
- In a Comic-Con exclusive, Warner Bros. is offering fans of hit comedy The Big Bang Theory the chance to get their hands on a Soft Kitty preview game piece from the MONOPOLY®: The Big Bang Theory edition game, which will be available at retailers nationwide next month.
- Available only at Comic-Con and not included in the actual game, a limited number of the Soft Kitty mover tokens will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth Wednesday, July 23–Sunday, July 27. In-the-know fans can ask for the token at the redemption window at the booth.
STARS & SIGNINGS AND MORE!
- From Thursday through Sunday, a cavalcade of talent — including producers and stars from Warner Bros. Television shows, HBO, Warner Bros. Animation, Warner Home Entertainment and Warner Bros. Pictures — will be signing for fans at the Warner Bros. booth. Talent to be announced. The signing schedule is as follows:
- THURSDAY, JULY 24, 2014
- 3:30pm-4:00pm Into the Storm
- 4:45pm-5:30pm Childrens Hospital
- FRIDAY, JULY 25, 2014
- 10:15am-11:00am iZOMBIE
- 11:45am-12:30pm The Originals
- 2:15pm-2:45pm The 100
- 3:30pm-4:30pm Game of Thrones
- 5:00pm-5:45pm Mike Tyson Mysteries
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Batman: Assault on Arkham
- 6:15pm-6:45pm Banshee
- SATURDAY, JULY 26, 2014
- 11:15am-11:45am Mad Max: Fury Road
- 11:45am-12:30pm Arrow
- 12:30pm-1:00pm The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- 1:30pm-2:00pm Constantine
- 2:00pm-3:00pm True Blood
- 2:45pm-3:30pm The Vampire Diaries
- 4:00pm-4:45pm Gotham
- 5:00pm-5:45pm Person of Interest
- 5:45pm-6:15pm The Flash
- SUNDAY, JULY 27, 2014
- 10:30am-11:15am Teen Titans Go!
- 11:30am-12:15pm Supernatural
- 12:00pm-12:45pm Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy
- 12:30pm-1:15pm The Following
- 12:45pm-1:15pm Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon
LEGENDARY AT SDCC 2014
At Comic-Con 2014, we invite our fans to ‘step inside our worlds’.
We will be at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 hosting a booth on the show floor, holding a panel in Hall H, and much more. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for the latest announcements and updates. We know everyone can’t make it to Comic-Con so we will be covering all the activities through photos & videos, and hosting fan giveaways on our social accounts during and after Comic-Con. Keep an eye out!
Booth Location: #3920
We have worked with master filmmaker Guillermo del Toro to bring his incredible imagination to life, delivering two unique fan experiences for Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak. The booth hosts unique physical props from the hotly anticipated Warcraft, giving fans an exclusive first look right out of the world of the film. Additionally the booth offers previews of Legendary’s upcoming psychological thriller As Above/So Below and the new catalogue of titles from Legendary Comics.
Crimson Peak Gothic Gallery
Step inside the imagination of Guillermo del Toro with The Gothic Gallery, an immersive handcrafted exhibit from master filmmaker. This exclusive fan experience offers a glimpse behidnd the curtain of Crimson Peak, through an intimate set piece of the gothic haunted house he is creating… Beware Crimson Peak!
Head to facebook.com/CrimsonPeakMovie to view images of the Gothic Gallery and sign up for a chance to win an exclusive tour of the Gothic Gallery with the visionary filmmaker Guillermo del Toro.
Visit the Legendary Booth to experience the Gothic Gallery.
Pacific Rim Jaeger Pilot
We have worked closely with the leading pioneers of virtual reality, Oculus VR, to deliver a new benchmark in Oculus Rift experiences.
Fans will experience what it feels like to pilot a 250-story robot as they step into a fully-realized Jaeger Combat Simulator. Strapping on the Oculus Rift headset, fans will ‘Drift with the Rift’ and experience the beloved universe of Pacific Rim in a whole new way.
Watch this video and visit the Legendary Booth at 9 am daily for tickets. First come, first served.
Signing with Warcraft Director Duncan Jones
Legendary and Warcraft fans now have the chance to meet director Duncan Jones, the man responsible for bringing Warcraft to the big screen. Duncan Jones will be doing a signing on Saturday 7/26 at 2 pm at the Blizzard Booth (#115). Tickets will be handed out that morning at 11 am on a first come, first served basis at the Blizzard Booth.
Legendary’s Film Panel – Hall H
Date: Saturday, July 26
Time: 12:35 pm
During our panel, we will be live tweeting from Hall H. Follow along here:@Legendary.
The Batfleck costume, Avengers and Ant-Man posters, a tour of the Sideshow Collectibles booth and a lot more in our first SDCC Digest for 2014.