Join Brookline Booksmith for a chat with Gisele Bündchen, supermodel, philanthropist, and New York Times best-selling author of Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life, on Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 5 PM!
This is an interview-only event and does not include a signing, photo line or meet & greet. Please read the following information carefully before purchasing:
-Gisele’s talk will begin at 5:00pm and run for 30 minutes (15 min interview, 15 min audience Q&A).
-This event requires a ticket, available only through EventBrite. Present your on-screen or printed ticket for entry.
– All tickets are nonreturnable and nonrefundable.
– Each ticket includes a pre-signed copy of Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life which you will receive at the event (early pick-up is not available).
– In the case of a sold out reading tickets will not guarantee entry after 4:55pm.
– Attendees may take photos of Gisele’s entrance ONLY (no photography permitted during the talk).
– Further details and updates will be sent to ticketholders via email.
– The Used Book Cellar where the reading will take place is NOT wheelchair accessible – we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
– If you require any disability accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gisele Bündchen’s journey began in southern Brazil, growing up with five sisters, playing volleyball, and rescuing the dogs and cats around her hometown. In fact, she wanted to become either a professional volley player or a veterinarian. But at the age of 14, fate suddenly intervened in in the form of a modeling scout, who spotted her in São Paulo. Four years later, Gisele’s appearance in Alexander McQueen’s memorably rain-soaked London runway show in the spring 1998 launched her spectacular career as a fashion model, and put an end to the “heroin chic” era of fashion. Since then, Gisele has appeared in almost 400 ad campaigns and on over 1200 magazine covers. She has walked in more than 470 fashion shows for the most influential brands in the world. Gisele has become an icon, leaving a lasting mark on the fashion industry.
But until now, few people have gotten to know the real Gisele, a woman whose private life stands in dramatic contrast to her public image. In Lessons, she reveals for the first time who she really is and what she’s learned over the past 37 years to help her live a meaningful life–a journey that takes readers from a childhood spent barefoot in small-town Brazil, to an internationally successful career, motherhood and marriage to quarterback Tom Brady.
A work of great openness and vulnerability, Lessons reveals the inner life of a very public woman.
279 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446