SPOOKY EMPIRE ROLLS OUT THE RED CARPET FOR HOLLYWOOD ICONS THIS OCTOBER
“The Dark Side of Comic Con” celebrates the 30th anniversary of The Lost Boys with guest appearances from
Billy Wirth, Jamison Newlander and G Tom Mac
Additionally, the convention will celebrate the Hollywood classic, Sixteen Candles, with the reunion of
Molly Ringwald, John & Joan Cusack and Anthony Michael Hall
ORLANDO – Spooky Empire, who hosts one of the most coveted and recognizable thriller conventions in the nation, announces the reunion of the Hollywood classic, Sixteen Candles, with the attendance of Molly Ringwald, John & Joan Cusack and Anthony Michael Hall on October 27 – 29, 2017 at The Hyatt Regency Orlando. The convention will also celebrate the 30th anniversary of iconic American horror comedy The Lost Boys with the attendance of Billy Wirth, Jamison Newlander and G Tom Mac. The convention has also added an array of new activities for guests to enjoy including a Charity Casino Night, an expanded Kid’s Zone, Special FX Makeup classes, Literary Guests & Creators Track, Fast Pass photo-op option, and many more to be announced through October.
As a bonus to the Spooky Empire family, doors will open earlier on Friday, October 27 at 12 p.m. to begin the weekend-long festivities.
Recently announced celebrity guests include:
- Richard Dreyfuss is most recognized for his lead role in the classic Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Stand By Me, American Graffiti, W Stakeout, Down & Out In Beverly Hills, Mr. Hollands Opus, Piranha 3D and The Crew.
- Shannon Elizabeth has starred in Scary Movie, Thir13en Ghosts, Cursed, Night of the Demons, The Twilight Zone, Tomcats, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and as Nadia in American Pie and American Reunion.
- Fairuza Balk most recognized role was Nancy in The Craft. She has also appeared in American History X, Waterboy, Return to Oz, Almost Famous, The Worst Witch, Things To Do in Denver When You’re Dead, The Island of Dr. Moreau, and Ray Donovan.
- Daphne Zuniga stared as Princess Vespa in Mel Brooke’sSpaceballs and is recognized for her role in Melrose Place, The Sure Thing, The Fly 2, Vision Quest, Last Rites, Gross Anatomy, and One Tree Hill.
- Loni Anderson is best known for her role as the receptionist on TV showWKRP In Cincinnati as well as Stroker Ace, Munchie, Easy Street, VIP, The Love Boat, A Night At The Roxbury, and 3 Ninjas: High Noon.
- John Kassir portfolio of work includes Tales of the Crypt, Animaniacs, Star Trek: Voyager, Pete’s Dragon, and Rick & Morty.
- C.J. Graham played Jason Voorhees in the sixth film of the Friday the 13thseries Jason Lives. He will be in full costume for photo ops.
- Ken Foree stars in Dawn of the Dead and has had roles in The Devil’s Rejects and Halloween. He also plays roger Rockmore on the Nickelodeon show Kenan & Kel.
- Derek Mears starred in Predator, Friday the 13th (’09), The Hills Have Eyes 2, Hatchet 3, True Blood, Grimm, Sleepy Hollow, Cursed and Holliston.
- Rachel Bolan is bass guitar player and main songwriter of the metal band “Skid Row.”
The annual weekend will feature an array of activities including a tattoo festival, film festival, celebrity autographs, Kid’s Zone, costume and cosplay contest, huge exhibitor room, live music, performances, Q & A’s with artists, authors and filmmakers, a game room, seminars, creepy cars, among many other activities.
All advance tickets, now on sale, are discounted. Prices increase after October 8th and at the door. In advance, three-day passes are $60, one day passes on Friday and Sunday are $30, and one day passes on Saturday $35. Limited VIP Packages are available for $225 and include early entry to all three days, raffles, T-shirts, autograph line fast-pass, exclusive VIP party access on Saturday night with guest celebrities in attendance. Tickets for children under ten years old are free.
Rooms are available at The Hyatt Regency Orlando for a discounted price of $119 per night. Rooms can be reserved online or by calling 1-407-284-1234. Mention ‘Spooky Empire’ for special rate.
For more information regarding the schedule and to purchase tickets, visit www.spookyempire.com. Stay tuned as more activities, special guests, celebrities and more will be announced in the coming weeks.
# # #
About Spooky Empire
Founded in 2003, Spooky Empire’s Fall Convention has grown to become one of the largest thriller conventions and the dark side of comic con in the nation with attendance increasing each year. Designed to be THE ultimate weekend for thriller fans of all ages, the event allows guests to meet and mingle with their favorite movie and TV stars, buy amazing collectibles from hundreds of vendors and artists, see new and emerging films as well as old favorites, get tattooed by some of the best artists in the world, and take part in one of the largest Zombie Walks in the country. In May 2011, Spooky Empire introduced their Spring Convention mid-season to provide fans with even more fun in anticipation of their Fall Convention. Spooky Empire’s ultimate goal is to provide memorable events for fans to return to each year, a place where they can congregate with thousands of other people with the same interests. For more information, visit www.spookyempire.com.
Spooky Empire Media Contacts:
Juliana Gutierrez, JWI PR | +1 305-991-4259 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Wade Pfeffer, JWI PR| +1 305-804-8424 | email@example.com