Silicon Valley Comic Con (SVCC), Steve Wozniak’s pop culture and technology expo, today revealed its initial list of more than 25 iconic comic book authors and artist who will be in attendance for photo opportunities and special signings during the 2017 show. The second annual SVCC will be hosted at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, CA the weekend of April 21-23.
Among the comic book talent highlights at this year’s event include:
- Art Adams – Legendary Marvel comic book artist behind such comics as Longshot and X-Men
- Michael Golden – Former editor for Marvel and one of the most prolific comic book artists of the 1980s and 1990s
- Russ Heath – Legendary DC Comics War artist
- Bill Morrison – Eisner Award-winning cartoonist and illustrator best known for his work on Simpsons, Futurama and as a Disney illustrator
- Tony Parker – Eisner nominated comic book artist and illustrator
- Brian Pulido – Creator of cult comics “Lady Death” and “Evil Ernie”
- Scott Shaw! – Hanna Barbera cartoonist and Convention Legend
- Ryan Sook – Best known for his work on “Seven Soldiers: Zatanna,” “X-Factor” and “The Spectre”
- Joe Weems – Illustrator and Harvey Award nominated inker
- Mike Zeck – One of the most prolific comic book artists of the 1980s and creator of the famous black Spider-Man costume
Additional confirmed comic book talent include: Eric “Ebas” Basaldua, Ethan Castillo, Joyce Chin, Parnaz Gharah, Scott Koblish, Casey Leonard, Dawn McTeigue, James C. Mulligan, Mike Pascale, JP Roth, Tim Vigil, Bob Wiacek, Ron Wilson, Renee Witterstaetter, Thomas Yeates.
Additionally, Vincent Van Dahl, Tom Wyrsch and John Stanley (the team behind the Bay Area favorite, KTVU Fox Show “Creature Features”) will appear at SVCC.
A full list of SVCC guests can be found at www.svcomiccon.com/guests. To purchase tickets, visit www.svcomiccon.com/tickets and to become an exhibitor or for sponsorship opportunities, visit http://svcomiccon.com/sponsors/want-to-exhibit.
For the latest news and updates on additional celebrity guests, exhibitors, panels and events, follow @SVComicCon on Twitter.
ABOUT SILICON VALLEY COMIC CON
Silicon Valley Comic Con celebrates the Age of the Geek by bringing together America’s two greatest superheroes: pop culture and technology. Featuring top celebrities, comics, independent artists, cosplay, video game creators, consumer electronics, music and apps, Silicon Valley Comic Con is where entertainment and our electronic worlds intersect. The inaugural Silicon Valley Comic Con will be hosted at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, CA the weekend of April 21-23, 2017.