From online entertainment mogul, actress, and “queen of the geeks” Felicia Day comes a funny, quirky, and inspiring memoir about her unusual upbringing, her rise to Internet-stardom, and embracing her individuality to find success in Hollywood.
NOTE: As with all Skylight Books in-store events, this reading is free and open to the public (first come, first served). But because we’re expecting a large crowd at this event, we’ll be giving out numbered tickets to the signing line to keep things organized:
- To get a ticket to the signing line, you must purchase a copy of You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) here at Skylight Books.
- If you’d like to pre-order the book before its August 11 release date, you can do so on our website at any time (add the book to your cart, below) and we will reserve a signing line ticket for you.
- Starting August 11, you can buy books (and get your signing line ticket) in person, by phone, or via our website. Web pre-orders can also be picked up starting the 11th.
- For all website orders for this event, be sure to leave a note in the Order Comments field if you’d like a signing line ticket.
- Can’t attend? If you would like a signed book but will not be able to attend, click Signed Copy after adding the book to your cart and we’ll do our best to get it signed for you. You may pick up this book in the store after the event, or have it shipped to you.
- Skylight’s Friends with Benefits members get priority signing line tickets (and 20% off this and all other event books each month), so be sure to mention your membership (or join) when you order the book.
- Felicia Day will sign and personalize BOOKS ONLY–no memorabilia, posters, DVDs, fan art, etc. Felicia Day will also take photographs while signing–no posed photographs. Thank you for your cooperation!
The Internet isn’t all cat videos. There’s also Felicia Day–violinist, filmmaker, Internet entrepreneur, compulsive gamer, hoagie specialist, and former lonely homeschooled girl who overcame her isolated childhood to become the ruler of a new world…or at least semi-influential in the world of Internet geeks and Goodreads book clubs. After growing up in the south where she was “homeschooled for hippie reasons,” Felicia moved to Hollywood to pursue her dream of becoming an actress and was immediately typecast as a crazy cat-lady secretary. But Felicia’s misadventures in Hollywood led her to produce her own web series, own her own production company, and become an Internet star. Felicia’s short-ish life and her rags-to-riches rise to Internet fame launched her career as one of the most influential creators in new media. Now, Felicia’s strange world is filled with thoughts on creativity, video games, and a dash of mild feminist activism–just like her memoir.
Hilarious and inspirational, You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) is proof that everyone should embrace what makes them different and be brave enough to share it with the world, because anything is possible now–even for a digital misfit.ress
Felicia Day is a professional actress who has appeared in numerous television shows, including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, and Eureka. However, Felicia is best known for her work in the web video world, behind and in front of the camera. She costarred in Joss Whedon’s Emmy Award-winning internet musical, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, and also created and starred in the hit web series The Guild.
Felicia is the founder of the online digital channel Geek & Sundry, which was acquired by Legendary Entertainment in 2014. She continues to act as CCO and develop web content and television projects as a producer, writer, and performer. She is also extremely active on social media, has more than 2.4 million Twitter followers, and is the eighth most followed person on Goodreads, where she is also the founder of Vaginal Fantasy, a romance and fantasy book club with almost 14,000 members.
1818 N. Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027