DC Plans Takeover of NYCC 2012 with Arrow, An Interactive Booth Experience, and More
DC ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ACTION-PACKED TAKEOVER OF NEW YORK COMIC CON
Major initiatives take spotlight at pop culture and comic book mega-event:
Cast of Warner Bros. Television’s ARROW to appear in DC Entertainment booth
Revelations from hit comic saga BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY
SUPERMAN, BATMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE news
Spotlight on Vertigo’s THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO graphic novel
Exclusive comics, collectibles and more
BURBANK, Calif. (October 5, 2012) – DC Entertainment – the industry leader in print and digital comics – will raise fan excitement to record-breaking levels with a number of announcements, creator signings, panels and celebrity appearances at New York Comic-Con. The impressive lineup of DC Entertainment activities takes place October 11-14 and cements New York Comic-Con’s position as one of the can’t-miss pop culture events of the year.
Stephen Amell – star of The CW’s highly-anticipated ARROW – will be on hand, along with an unprecedented lineup of comic book talent to give fans and attendees exclusive insight into DC Entertainment’s best-selling titles and iconic characters.
DC Entertainment will also debut its new, fully interactive booth experience at New York Comic-Con. First revealed at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year, the state-of-the-art booth includes a demo area where fans can experience digital comic book reading on the iPad, Nook and Kindle and a green screen that will allow attendees to pose next to some of their favorite Super-Villains. Fans will also be able to purchase exclusive merchandise at the DC Entertainment booth for the first time, including top titles and a wide selection of DC Collectibles product.
DC Entertainment can be found at booth #1238. Here are some of the major stories fans can look forward to hearing about at the show – plus much more:
- Following the historic, nationwide debut of “Arrow Day,” superstar comic book writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns joins the cast and creators of ARROW for an exclusive panel to provide new insights into the new television series on Sunday at 11 a.m. in the IGN Theater.
- Con-goers and panel attendees will be treated to major, game-changing news announcements affecting the Man of Steel and the entire SUPERMAN family of titles.
- Fans will also be treated to key revelations and jaw-dropping, beautiful art from the best-selling BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY event courtesy of writer Scott Snyder, artist Greg Capullo and an all-star cast of talent.
- DC Entertainment will announce details on a new and unique partnership in support of WE CAN BE HEROES.
- The literary event of the season will be a major point of interest, as the gritty graphic novel adaptation of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO speeds toward its November release.
- Clues surround the next chapter in the epic GREEN LANTERN comic book saga, as fans will get hints at what’s coming their way in the pages of the RISE OF THE THIRD ARMY crossover event.
- Vertigo fans will get a heavy dose of their favorite titles – along with some groundbreaking new additions, including SANDMAN, DJANGO UNCHAINED, GHOSTS and FABLES: WEREWOLVES OF THE HEARTLAND and more.
- MAD Magazine’s “Usual Gang of Idiots” will be on hand to discuss the arrival of Totally MAD, a hardcover book celebrating 60 years of the magazine’s sharp satire and biting parody. Fans will also have the chance to subscribe to MAD Magazine in the DC Entertainment booth.
- Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website is the go-to place for exclusive announcements, creator access and artwork reveals and more. Visit the page at Con Away From Con page.
DC Entertainment’s New York Comic-Con 2012 panel schedule includes:
Thursday, October 11:
- 5:00-6:00pm – DC Collectibles
- 6:30-7:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52: Superman
Friday, October 12:
- 10:15-11:00am – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:30-1:30pm – DC Entertainment: From Concept to Page
- 1:30-2:30pm – Vertigo: A View from the Cutting Edge of Comics
- 2:45-3:45pm – DC Comics: Green Lantern – The Third Army Arrives
- 4:15-5:15pm – DC Comics All Access: Before Watchmen
Saturday, October 13:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – Mad about MAD
- 1:30-2:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52
- 4:00-5:00pm – Vertigo – Fables: 10th Anniversary!
- 5:15-6:15pm – DC Comics: Justice League
Sunday, October 14:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Meet the Co-Publishers
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – DC Comics: Batman – Death Comes to Gotham
- 2:30-3:30pm – Drawing DC: Kids Edition
From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action TV series Arrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.