The Orlando Comic Expo to Debut in September 2012 with Bob Camp, Ben Templesmith, Ron Wilson, and More
The Orlando Comic Expo is Coming Soon
July 23rd, 2012 – The Orlando Comic Expo will debut on September 23rd, 2012!
With a large selection of vendors selling comic books, action figures, cards, games, manga and Star Wars items there will be something for everyone. A fine foray of local writers and artists will be exhibiting their works, selling original artwork and commissions. In addition, an art contest and costume contest will be held for any attendee to participate in and have the chance to win convention cash! Whether you are a collector, aspiring artist, or just want to enjoy the sights that are included in a convention filled with a hodgepodge of costumed heroes (and villains) walking around—chances are that the Orlando Comic Expo will make for a fun-filled day with family and friends!
Be sure to arrive early to pick-up a FREE Orlando Comic Expo exclusive poster featuring the Fantastic Four’s mighty clobberin’ hero, “The Thing”! The poster was created by Marvel Comics artist, Ron Wilson (who will be in attendance).
In addition, the Orlando Comic Expo has teamed up with Orlando-area comic book store, “A Comic Shop” to host a “Pre-Show Party” on Saturday, September 22nd from 8:00 PM to 2:00 AM. Everyone is invited to enjoy the evening surrounded by other like-minded pop culture fanatics, guests of the show and other cool characters. The beer is FREE, courtesy of the Orlando Comic Expo (IDs will be checked at the door).
The Orlando Comic Expo will feature the following industry professionals that attendees are invited to meet, greet, and commission artwork from at the convention:
- – Bob Camp: Artist, cartoonist, writer, director, and famed co-creator of “Ren and Stimpy”
- – Richard LeParmentier: Actor who portrayed Darth Vader’s dissenting “Admiral Motti” in Star Wars: A New Hope. Recipient of Darth Vader’s force-grip and the infamous, “I find your lack of faith disturbing”.
- – Ron Wilson: Legendary Marvel Comics artist.
- – Ben Templesmith: Co-creator of “30 Days of Night” and nominee for the highly esteemed “Eisner Award”.
- – Nalini Krishan: Actress who portrayed Jedi, “Barriss Offee” in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
- – Christian Slade: Former Disney animator and artist known for his popular all-ages graphic novel, “Korgi”.
- – Richard Livingston: Concept artist and former Disney layout artist (credits include: Mulan, Tarzan, Lilo and Stitch and Brother Bear).
The Orlando Comic Expo will be on Sunday, September 23, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM at the Doubletree Hotel (formerly the Crowne Plaza) near the Orlando International Airport. Admission is $10 for adults and admission is FREE for children (12 and under). Parking is FREE.
DoubleTree Hotel (near Orlando airport)
5555 Hazeltine National Drive
Orlando, FL 32812