Artist Dan Parent signs at Casablanca Comics on Saturday, March 3, 2012 from 11:00am until 2:00pm. Dan is the regular artist for Archie Comics including the current Archie Meets Kiss storyline. He is also the writer and artist of the new Kevin Keller series from Archie. Join us as Casablanca Comics kicks off a month long celebration for our 25th Anniversary! Come dressed as your favorite Archie character OR as a member of Kiss!
151 Middle Street, Portland, ME 04101
Jamie McKelvie and Kieron Gillen sign on Thursday 15 March 2012 from 18:00 – 19:00
Forbidden Planet London Megastore, 179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8JR
Forbidden Planet is delighted to bring you a fantastic double X-Men signing! Jamie McKelvie and Kieron Gillen will be at the London Megastore, 179 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8JR, on Thursday 15th March 2012.
Artist Jamie welcomes you to the X-Men’s first year! Professor Xavier has recruited five of the most powerful mutants he’s ever seen to save a world that hates them. But there’s only one problem: they’re teenagers who have to survive hormones and super-powers, all while fighting for their lives. So now’s the perfect time for Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants to make their bid for control of the world. The first X-Men are forged in the fires of combat in ways you’ve never seen!
Written by Kieron, Uncanny X-Men starts over in the wake of Schism. What is to become of Cyclops and the mutants who side with him after the big split? And what does it have to do with the resurrected Mr. Sinister? The hottest new writer in the business, Kieron Gillen (Thor), and superstar artist Carlos Pacheco (Ultimate Avengers) bring you the biggest and baddest X-Men you’ve ever seen.
Amber Benson signs at Dark Delicacies on Saturday March 24, 2012 at 2:00pm.
3512 W. Magnolia, Burbank, CA 91505
Holly Thompson, Tak Toyoshima, and more appear at the Boston Children’s Museum on Friday, March 23rd from 6:30-8pm.
RSVP online (Please note that there is a $1 admission charge to this event that will be collected at the Children’s Museum the evening of the event.)
An evening of storytelling, creativity and outreach for Boston teens to support young people in Japan affected by and recovering from the March 2011 earthquake & tsunami disasters.
Tomo, meaning “friend” in Japanese, is a collection of short stories and graphic art for readers age 12 and up, contributed by authors and artists from around the world, all of whom share a connection to Japan. Editor Holly Thompson (a Massachusetts native), Boston’s own Tak Toyoshima (“Secret Asian Man”) and other contributors will share their stories and help museum guests write or draw their own letters of support to teens in the hardest hit areas of Japan.
Books will be available for purchase, & proceeds from sales go to the Japanese NPO Hope for Tomorrow.
Boston Children’s Museum – 2nd Floor The Common
308 Congress St, Boston, MA 02210
Jenna Busch, Nicole Sixx, Jean Kang, Amanda Deibert, Mary Bellamy, Kimberly Komatsu, Kayla Cagan, Jody Houser and more sign at Emerald Knights Comics on Sunday March 25th at 1:00pm
Womanthology is a large-scale anthology showcasing the works of women in comics. It is created entirely by over 140 women of all experience levels, from young girls who love to create comics all the way up to top industry professionals. All of the short stories will center around our theme for this volume; Heroic. There will also be features, such as Professional How-Tos, a Kids/Teens section showcasing their works and giving tips, as well as a section dedicated to some Iconic female comic creators of the past, such as Nell Brinkley, and much more. Profits of this book will go towards the Charities of GlobalGiving.org.
Scheduled to appear:
Jenna Busch – Writer
Nicole Sixx – Writer/Artist
Jean Kang – Artist
Mary Bellamy – Artist
Kimberly Komatsu – Writer
Kayla Cagan – Writer*
Amanda Deibert – Writer
Jody Houser – Writer
*waiting for confirmation
Emerald Knights Comics and Games
4116 W. Burbank Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505
ALTERNATES, INMATES AND ANIMATION INFILTRATE ANAHEIM AS WARNER BROS. WOWS WONDERCON
Warner Bros. Television Escapes to the O.C. with Panels for Alcatraz, Fringe and DC Nation, and Fans Can See The Secret Circle and Person of Interest on the Big Screen
BURBANK, Calif. (February 24, 2012) — Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) breaks free and travels to the other side — aka the O.C. — for another exciting weekend at WonderCon 2012, starting with an exclusive advance screening of a never-before-seen episode of The Secret Circle (Thursdays 9/8c The CW) and an explosive episode of Person of Interest (Thursdays 9/8c CBS) on the big screen on Friday, March 16. Then fans can supercharge their Saturday with a special video presentation and panel session for DC Nation — the new one-hour programming block from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment — on March 17. And on Sunday, March 18, sample the best of Bad Robot Productions with mind-bending panel sessions for Alcatraz (Mondays 9/8c FOX, moving to 8/7c on March 5) and Fringe (Fridays 9/8c FOX).
Stars and producers scheduled to attend WonderCon 2012 include:
- Alcatraz stars Sarah Jones, Jorge Garcia, Jonny Coyne and Parminder Nagra, along with executive producers Jennifer Johnson, Daniel Pyne, Jack Bender and co-creators/co-executive producers Bryan Wynbrandt and Steve Lilien
- Fringe stars John Noble, Seth Gabel and executive producers J.H. Wyman and Jeff Pinkner. Additional cast members to be announced.
- DC Nation: Young Justice producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman; Green Lantern: The Animated Series producers Jim Krieg and Giancarlo Volpe; and DC animated shorts producers Lauren Faust and Ben Jones
- Alcatraz, Fringe and DC Nation casts and producers will all be signing at the DC Entertainment booth, #501
In addition, WBTV will present not one, but two special screenings exclusively for WonderCon audiences, offering fans a sneak peak — on the big screen — of The Secret Circle’s “Curse” episode six days before its broadcast on Thursday, March 22 (9/8c on The CW), as well as an episode of the hit action-drama Person of Interest.
For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at WonderCon, please follow us on Twitter at@thewbdotcom.
Following are the WBTV and DC Nation panel dates, as well as signing dates and times for WonderCon 2012. Official panel times to be announced by WonderCon.
FRIDAY, MARCH 16
Exclusive Warner Bros. Television Screenings — For the third straight year, Warner Bros. Television kicks off WonderCon with special screenings of fan-favorite series. For 2012, WBTV will present on the big screen episodes of the first-year hit dramas The Secret Circle, from executive producer Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries), and Person of Interest, from creator Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight) and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (Fringe, Lost). Ballroom
- The Secret Circle: The ordinary becomes the extraordinary in The Secret Circle, a drama full of mystery, intrigue and danger from executive producer Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries) and based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (The Vampire Diaries). The series chronicles the story of a young girl who discovers not only that she is a witch and part of a secret coven, but that she is the key which will unlock a centuries-old battle of good versus evil. WBTV has conjured up a WonderCon exclusive premiere screening of the “Curse” episode, a full six days in advance of its on-air debut Thursday, March 22, at 9/8c on The CW. Britt Robertson (Scream 4), Thomas Dekker (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Gale Harold (Queer as Folk), Phoebe Tonkin (H20: Just Add Water), Shelley Hennig (Days of our Lives), Jessica Parker Kennedy (50/50), Chris Zylka (upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man) and Natasha Henstridge (Species) star in the series, which is executive produced by Williamson, Andrew Miller (Nothing), Andrea Newman (Human Target), Leslie Morgenstein (The Vampire Diaries) and Gina Girolamo (The Lying Game). From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Secret Circle airs Thursdays at 9/8c on The CW. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesecretcircle and follow The CW on Twitter @CW_network.
- Person of Interest: Jim Caviezel (The Thin Red Line), Comic-Con favorite Michael Emerson (Lost) and Taraji P. Henson (Hustle & Flow) team up in this thought-provoking crime action-drama from The Dark Knight’s Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (Fringe, Lost, Alias). Set in New York City, with all of its multifaceted elements of justice (cops, criminals, corruption), Person of Interest centers on an ex-CIA agent, presumed dead, who partners with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes, and the detectives tracking them. Person of Interest makes its WonderCon debut with a screening of a complete episode on the big screen. In addition to Caviezel, Emerson and Henson, Kevin Chapman (Rescue Me) also stars in Person of Interest, which airs Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS. Jonathan Nolan, J.J. Abrams (Star Trek), Greg Plageman (Cold Case) and Bryan Burk (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) are the executive producers of the series, from Bonanza Productions in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PersonOfInterestCBS and follow the show on Twitter@PersonInterest.
SATURDAY, MARCH 17
- 4:00 p.m. • DC Nation Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- DC Nation Special Video Presentation and Q&A — From the pages of DC Comics to the television screens of fans across the country comes DC Nation, a new one-hour exclusive kids programming block from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment. DC Nation stars some of the most beloved and legendary heroes of the DC Universe, brought to life by some of the most talented directors, writers and producers working in animation today. Anchored by Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice, DC Nation airs Saturdays from 10:00–11:00 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Fans attending the WonderCon 2012 DC Nation panel will be treated to exclusive video content filled with plenty of sneak peeks from the DC Nation block. In addition, an all-star panel featuring Young Justice producersBrandon Vietti (Batman Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles), Green Lantern: The Animated Series producers Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) and Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), and DC animated shorts producers Lauren Faust (The Powerpuff Girls, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic) and Ben Jones (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) will take the stage for a moderated Q&A. Learn more about DC Nation atwww.dcnation.com and follow the show on Twitter @DC_nation. Room 204ABC
SUNDAY, MARCH 18
- 12:00 Noon • Fringe Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- 1:30 p.m. • Alcatraz Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- Alcatraz Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Don’t miss this classified session with stars Sarah Jones (Sons of Anarchy), Jorge Garcia (Lost), Jonny Coyne (Lara Craft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life) and Parminder Nagra (ER); executive producers Jennifer Johnson (Lost), Daniel Pyne (Lost) and Jack Bender (Lost); and co-creators/co-executive producers Bryan Wynbrandt and Steven Lilien (both Kyle XY) dishing the ultimate insider information about the mysterious 1963 disappearance of the Alcatraz inmates, guards and staff. Fans will learn about where they’ve been and why they are returning, and the creative team will reveal exclusive information about the remaining episodes of the first season. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Alcatraz currently airs Mondays at 9/8c on FOX, and moves to 8/7c on March 5. Become a fan of Alcatraz on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AlcatrazonFOX and follow the show on Twitter @AlcatrazonFOX.
- Fringe Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Join series stars John Noble (The Lord of the Rings), Seth Gabel (The Da Vinci Code) and executive producers Jeff Pinkner (Lost) andJ.H. Wyman (The Mexican) of the mind-bending, universe-crossing series Fringe for a Q & A session and get a sneak peek of what is to come, as the fates of all your favorite characters hang in the balance between two universes, two timelines and too many creepy bad guys to go around. Talk doppelgangers, shapeshifters, Observers and whatever Walter is cooking up! Now in its fourth season, Fringe continues to explore new cases with endless impossibilities. From Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Fringe airs Fridays at 9/8c on FOX. Become a fan of Fringe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Fringe and follow the show on Twitter @FRINGEonFOX. Ballroom
Challengers hosts a release party for two new series on Saturday, March 24th from 6-10pm: Image’s HOAX HUNTERS and IDW’s SMOKE & MIRRORS. Joining us will be the writers of Hoax Hunters, Steve Seeley and Michael Moreci, and the artist of Smoke & Mirrors, Ryan Browne. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
1845 N. Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
Writers Bryant Dillon and Sam Rhodes appear at the Comic Bug on Wednesday, March 7th from 5-7pm, to sign copies of Fanboy Comics‘ first graphic novel. In addition, they will be promoting FBC’s next graphic novel, Identity Thief (www.identitythiefcomic.com), which will premiere in Fall of 2012.
Something Animal is an 80-page graphic novel written by FBC founders Bryant Dillon and Sam Rhodes, with vivid, full-color art by Robert Burrows. Created as a response to the current romantic view of the vampire motif, Something Animal is a dark and gritty tale of psychological terror that is sure to satisfy any fan of the horror genre. (Find out more about Something Animal HERE or at the official website, www.somethinganimal.com.)
The Comic Bug
1807 Manhattan Beach Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Another Giant Leap: Academy Award, Emmy Nominee Dean Stockwell To Attend 2012 Wizard World Toronto Comic Con, April 14-15 At Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Veteran Of More Than Six Decades In Movies and TV To Make First Wizard World Appearance, Joining Fellow Quantum Leap Star Scott Bakula, Paul Wesley, Jeri Ryan, Other Notables
NEW YORK and TORONTO, February 20, 2012 – In a career which began as a standout child actor in the 1940s, Dean Stockwell has appeared in nearly 200 movies and television shows. Now after having starred in “Quantum Leap” and performed memorable roles in shows like “Battlestar Galactica” and films like MARRIED TO THE MOB, the Academy Award nominee and four-time Emmy nominee will be making his first appearance at a Wizard World show when he meets fans, signs autographs, poses for photos and takes part in a Q&A panel at Wizard World Toronto Comic Con, April 14-15 at Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC).
Stockwell will be joined at the event by Scott Bakula, the lead in “Quantum Leap,” for which Stockwell earned all four of his Emmy nods. Other popular stars scheduled to attend Toronto Comic Con include Paul Wesley, Jeri Ryan and Amy Acker along with WWE® Superstar Edge® and dozens of standout celebs and talented comic book artists and writers.
Stockwell, who will turn 76 on March 3, is one of a handful of Hollywood child stars who has gone on to on-screen success as an adult. His preteen roles included 1940s blockbusters ANCHORS AWEIGH (1945) and GENTLEMAN’S AGREEMENT (1947), followed by well-received parts in SONS AND LOVERS (1960) and LONG DAY’S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT (1962).
After a hiatus, Stockwell resumed his film career, taking on sophisticated supporting roles, including his Oscar-nominee-worthy performance in MARRIED TO THE MOB (1988) before playing the “boss” to Bakula in “Quantum Leap” (1989-93), appearing in the sci-fi series’ entire 97-episode run.
Toronto Comic Con, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK), will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at scores of dealer booths.
Toronto Comic Con is scheduled as the second stop on Wizard World’s 2012 North American tour. Hours are Saturday, April 14, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, April 15, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tickets are available in advance online at http://www.
The Metro Toronto Convention Centre (http://www.mtccc.com) is Canada’s #1 convention and trade show facility. It is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, within walking distance of almost 13,000 hotel rooms, shopping, restaurants and Toronto sites.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworldcomiccon.com.
***** SAVE THE 2012 DATES *****
April 14-15 – Toronto Comic Con
June 1-3 – Philadelphia Comic Con
August 9-12 – Chicago Comic Con
September 29-30 – Mid-Ohio Comic Con
October 26-28 – Austin Comic Con
TBD 2013 – New Orleans Comic Con
Onrie Kompan signs at Graham Crackers Comics on Wednesday February 29, 2012 from noon to 2:00pm.
Graham Crackers Comics – CHICAGO LOOP
77 E. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60602