Smith Micro Presents Dave Gibbons, Skottie Young, Doug TenNapel, Etc. at SDCC 2011
Guest Appearances by Watchmen Creator, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Popular Artists at Comic-Con
Comic and Cartoon Artists Showcase Three Simple and Fun Animation Solutions from Smith Micro Software—Anime Studio®, Manga Studio® and Poser®
ALISO VIEJO, Calif.–(EON: Enhanced Online News)–The Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group today announced plans to treat attendees of 2011 San Diego Comic-Con International with guest appearances by famed Watchmencreator, Dave Gibbons, along with popular comic and animation artists, Skottie Young (Marvel® Comics), Ethan Nicolle (Axe Cop®), and Doug TenNapel (Earthworm Jim)—plus a special announcement from Nickelodeon’s® SpongeBob SquarePants®—all taking place at Smith Micro Software booth #5353.
At the four-day pop culture extravaganza, attendees can also join these all-star artists for a panel presentation titled “Join the 2D Animation Revolution” (2:00-3:00PM, room 30CDE). The panel will discuss how software resources can give artists all the tools, confidence, and experience they need to create their own masterpieces and jump on television’s hottest trend.
2011 San Diego Comic-Con International Schedule of Events:
- “Join the 2D Animation Revolution” Panel – Thursday, July 21, 2:00-3:00PM (room 30CDE)
- Dave Gibbons Signing – Thursday, July 21, 3:30–5:00PM (booth #5353)
- Doug TenNapel Signing – Sunday, July 24, 2:00–3:30PM (booth #5353)
- Ethan Nicolle Signing – Friday, July 22, 11:00AM–12:30PM (booth #5353)
- Skottie Young Signing – Saturday, July 23, 2:00–3:00PM (booth #5353)
- SpongeBob SquarePants – Thursday, July 21, 11:00AM–2:00PM; Saturday, July 23, 3:00–5:00PM; Sunday, July 24, 12:00–2:00PM (booth #5353)
About the Products:
- Anime Studio – Provides artists with the cutting-edge tools and latest techniques needed to produce popular styles of animated 2D movies, cartoons, and cutout animations
- Poser – The world’s most complete solution for creating art and animation using 3D characters, used by beginning and experienced artists to simplify the 3D process
- Manga Studio – The leading comic and manga creation software in the industry, delivering powerful drawing and coloring tools to professional comic and manga artists
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices across the US and in Europe and Asia. The Company’s Productivity and Graphics Group develops and publishes award-winning software solutions for Windows® and Macintosh®, empowering users in the areas of information access, compression, 3D graphics, and animation.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo and Anime Studio®, Manga Studio®, and Poser® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and product names are used for descriptive purposes only herein and remain the respective property of their respective owners and/or companies.