Cartoon Network Takes Over Warner Bros. Booth at SDCC 2011 for Sunday Family Day
WARNER BROS. BOOTH WILL GET FAMILY DAY “TOON UP” COURTESY OF CARTOON NETWORK
SUNDAY, JULY 24 AT COMIC-CON 2011
BURBANK, Calif. (July 15, 2011) — Sunday is family day at Comic-Con, and this year for the first time, Warner Bros. Entertainment will partner with Time Warner sister company Cartoon Network on a daylong “booth takeover” initiative. On Sunday, July 24, at Comic-Con International: San Diego, the Warner Bros. booth — with its distinctive 30-foot tall replica of the iconic Warner Bros. water tower — will transform overnight into the Cartoon Network booth to create a fun, family friendly environment designed just for kids.
In celebration of family day, Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. will present a day’s worth of kid-friendly events at the booth, including:
- Signings by stars and creators from “Regular Show,” “Adventure Time,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice”
- The return of last year’s smash success kids’ Dance Party, featuring costumed characters like Scooby-Doo and Bugs Bunny
- Live demonstrations by cartoonists and other artists, including iconic “MAD” illustrator Sergio Aragones
- One-of-a-kind giveaways and premiums from Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation, including the live giveaway of the Tweety car
- And more!
Thirty-five workers will work over 500 combined hours to engineer a Cartoon Network rebrand of the 3,600-square-foot Warner Bros. booth, literally overnight, hanging all-new banners and booth signage to create an all-new environment.
CARTOON NETWORK BOOTH EVENT SCHEDULE
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “The Looney Tunes Show” autograph signing, 10:15 a.m.
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” autograph signing, 10:15 a.m.
- “Adventure Time” signing, 11:00 a.m.
- “Young Justice” signing, 11:15 a.m.
- Cartoon Network Dance Party, 12:00 Noon–12:45 p.m.
- Tweety car giveaway, 12:45 p.m.
- Sergio Aragones live cartooning presentation, 1:00 p.m.
- “Regular Show” signing, 1:45 p.m.