Tony DiTerlizzi, Rebecca Guay, Raul Colón and more appear at the R. Michelson Gallery on Nov. 7th from 4-7pm.
R. MICHELSON GALLERIES presents our 21st Annual Children’s Illustration Show
Celebrate with us! Twenty-one years of exhibiting the finest in original Children’s Book Art. Our artists have garnered an astounding 11 Caldecott Medals and 29 Caldecott Honor Awards.
21 Reasons to come to our 21st Annual Illustration Exhibit
1. If you join us for our opening reception on November 7, 4-6pm you will meet more than 50 of the illustrators and writers behind your favorite children’s books.
2. We will be exhibiting original artwork from The Odious Ogre, the latest book by Jules Feiffer and Norton Juster. This is their first collaboration since their classic Phantom Tollbooth was published 50 years ago.
3. Mo Willems will be signing books and exhibiting the illustrations from the NY Times #1 best selling City Dog, Country Frog, his very first collaboration with Jon J. Muth. We will also be showing the original drawings from Mo’s Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion, the final volume of this iconic trilogy.
4. Wendell Minor will be receiving the third annual Norton Juster Award for service to the world of Children’s Literature, presented by Mr. Juster and Reader to Reader, a public charity dedicated to bringing books, free of charge, to needy schools and public libraries across the United States.
5. There will be a rare opportunity to view and purchase original artwork by Eric Carle, Dr. Seuss, Maurice Sendak, and Tomie dePaola.
6. Multiple Coretta Scott King Award winner EB Lewis has teamed up with Sharon Robinson, the daughter of Jackie Robinson, to create the Christmas/Chanukah children’s book “Jackie’s Gift.” Original artwork from the book will be on display.
7. Gary Lippincott and G. Brian Karas will both be presenting work from their latest collaborations with local (and worldwide) luminary Jane Yolen. All three will be signing books at our opening reception.
8. Scott Fischer will be showing work from his book Jump, now available on millions of boxes of Cheerios. To see the video for Jump, click here.
9. Jarrett J. Krosoczka author/illustrator of the soon-to-be a major motion picture graphic Lunch Lady series will be exhibiting the work he created for Target House at St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
10. Jane Dyer and her daughter Brooke Dyer will be exhibiting art from their newest collaboration.
11. If you come to the opening reception you’ll meet Kate Feiffer, Kathryn Brown, Nonny Hogrogian, and David Kherdian.
12. If you come to the opening reception you’ll meet Tony DiTerlizzi and Rebecca Guay.
13. Ruth Sanderson will be showing work from Hush, Little Horsie and David Hyde Costello will be showing work from I Can Help.
14. We’ll be exhibiting the watercolors from Karla Gudeon’s Passover Book and her Hannukah Book.
15. Neil Waldman is coming with new paintings and new illustrations of American heroes from his book, The Land of Big Dreamers.
16. Barry Moser will be here with engravings from Mark Twain’s Books of Animals. He will be back on November 12th for an advance copy book signing (publication date is December but we have copies!) of his book, One Hundred Portraits. The event is in conjunction with Northampton’s Arts Night Out.
17. Raul Colón will be here! With new work from Play Ball! and Child of the Civil Rights.
18. Eric Velasquez will be here with work from My Friend Maya Loves to Dance and The Rain Stomper.
19. The Eric Carle Museum will be on hand with books from your favorite authors and illustrators to sign.
20. There will be a raffle to support Reader to Reader and you might leave with original artwork by Wendell Minor.
21. We will have surprise guests and more…
R. Michelson Galleries
132 Main Street, Northampton, MA 01060