Top Cow looking for Fans to Cosplay as Aphrodite IV at NYCC 2010
JOIN TOP COW’S APHRODITE IV ARMY AT NYCC 2010
LOS ANGELES, Calif., October 1, 2010 – Top Cow Productions, Inc. is putting out the call: NYCC or Bust! The publisher is looking for an army of green-haired cosplaying assassins to attend New York Comic-Con. If you live in New York, will be in attendance of the show or want to be, and love comics and/or getting in character, Top Cow wants you!
Professional models not required. Just a love of the comic culture!
Here are the details on how to join the Aphrodite army:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to supply your own outfit (black/white striped shirt, green plaid skirt, green wig)
- Must understand comic culture and fanbase
- Must be professional, outgoing and friendly
- MUST be able to attend at least Friday and Saturday of NYCC
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Cosplay as Aphrodite IV; we’ll give you a run down so you can get “in character”
- Interact with crowd in a friendly and inviting manner
- Hand out balloons and flyers
- Take pictures with fans
What you get:
- Admission to NYCC
- Exclusive “Aphrodite Army Only” swag
- A free signed copy of Artifacts #2 NYCC Exclusive Cover
- Please submit one clear photo
- Please tell us why you’re interested
- Please email Atom! Freeman at email@example.com
About Top Cow Productions Inc.
Top Cow Productions, Inc. (www.topcow.com), a Los Angeles-based entertainment company, was founded in December of 1992 by artist Marc Silvestri, who also co-founded Image Comics earlier that same year. Top Cow currently publishes its line of comic books in 21 languages in over 55 different countries. The company has launched 20 franchises (18 original and two licensed) in the industry’s Top 10, seven at #1, a feat accomplished by no other publisher in the last two decades. Its flagship franchise, WITCHBLADE, was TNT’s #1 original film of 2000 and the subsequent TV series was released on DVD on July 29, 2008. WITCHBLADE is also the first American property to be fully adapted in Japan as an original anime and manga by Studio GONZO in 2006. Top Cow’s other flagship property, THE DARKNESS, was developed into a major next-generation video game release by Starbreeze and 2K Games and achieved platinum sales status. WANTED, an Eisner-nominated miniseries published by Top Cow from 2003-2005, is now a major motion picture from Universal Pictures starring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman. Virtually all of Top Cow’s other properties are in development as feature films, live-action television, animation or video games. Top Cow has also successfully licensed and merchandised its franchises into toys, statues, clothing, lithographs, puppets, posters, magnets, shot glasses, lighters, lunch pails, wall scrolls, mouse pads, die-cast cars, calendars, Christmas ornaments, Halloween masks, trading cards, standees, video games and roleplaying games.