PROMOTERS PLEASE READ: New Submission Forms
Pretty much since the start, we have been plagued by memory issues on the back end of the site which made the submission process frustrating and confusing. In the few weeks, things seemed to take a turn for the worse because although submissions were making it through, promoters were seeing error messages on each attempt and were trying over and over again as a result.
To alleviate this situation, we have installed a completely new submission form system that we believe will make the process run smoother and easier for everyone. As with any process, there are changes and drawbacks, however.
- The new submission system is not tied into the membership system on the site so we will be asking for contact information with each submission, much like on the old Comic Book Conventions.com site.
- For Premium Promoters, you will no longer be able to edit your own entries at this time, but we will, of course, make any changes you need a priority. Also, the new Premium form is password protected so if you haven’t heard from me yet and need to make a submission, please contact me for your password.
We still have all the submissions made under the previous system and are working on getting those up as well.
To recap what forms are available:
- Free Convention Submission Form – Just want to have a basic listing and don’t mind until waiting a while for it appear on the site? Use this form.
- Premium Convention Form – Wnnt your convention added right away? Would you like to include information about your guests plus a description of your convention? Would you like to include your logo or flyer? Sign up for our Premium Promoter program so you can use this form.
- Convention Update Form – Did something change? Your date, location, etc.? Update us through this form.
- News Form – Have an announcement to make concerning your convention? Use this form. You can even attach graphics to go along with your story.
- Signing or Appearance Form – Is a creator appearing at your shop, school, library…? Use this form to let us know.
Thanks for your patience as we work out the kinks of the new site.
Brian Pate, Owner and Webmaster