Comments Off on Tyrese Gibson Signing for Hasbro at SDCC
According to Seibertron.com, Hasbro let them know the following:
Sorry for the late notice, but we just learned tonight that Tyrese Gibson, star of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, will be making an appearance in Hasbro’s booth (#3213) on Thursday morning at Comic-Con around 9:00 AM to sign 100 autographs. The first 25 fans in line will receive a Tyrese autographed Transformers RPM Bumblebee vehicle.
Comments Off on Scene on Video: Seth Rogan for Green Hornet at SDCC
UPDATED: Added video from MTV
Popculturegeek covers the unveiling of the Black Beauty for Seth Rogan’s upcoming Green Hornet movie:
The Los Angeles Times talks to Green Hornet star Seth Rogan and Director Michel Gondry at the unveiling of the Black Beauty at Comic-Con International:
Comments Off on Scene on Video: Comic-Con International 2009 Preview Night
Opening night videos from FUNimation:
Comments Off on Warner Bros. Unveils SDCC Bags
Warner Bros. Unveils Exclusive, Double-Sided Comic-Con Bag For “Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince” and Combo For TV Series “Human Target” and “The Vampire Diaries”
If it’s Comic-Con, it must mean one thing: Warner Bros. Entertainment’s exclusive, signature oversize canvas bags – called the Con’s “ubiquitous accessory” by Entertainment Weekly – are back.
Burbank, CA – July 22, 2009 — If it’s Comic-Con, it must mean one thing: Warner Bros. Entertainment’s exclusive, signature oversize canvas bags – called the Con’s “ubiquitous accessory” by Entertainment Weekly – are back. In advance of Comic-Con International: San Diego 2009, the Studio is today unveiling artwork for two of the six limited-edition bags it will roll out at this year’s event:
* Two-sided creation for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”
* Combo for the highly anticipated upcoming television series “Human Target” and “The Vampire Diaries”
* For more information about the Studio’s Comic-Con activities, follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom or log on to www.TheWB.com/ComicCon
Created annually since 2006 by the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing unit specifically for Comic-Con, the bags are distributed – on a first-come, first-served basis – exclusively at the Studio’s two-story nearly 3,000-square foot booth (#4329) on the convention floor. More than 50,000 total bags will be circulated by the Studio throughout the five days of Comic-Con, including Preview Night.
The highly sought-after totes provide devoted fans with a handy carrying case for all the merchandise they take away from the Con and serve as 24″x29″ mobile billboards for a selection of the Studio’s live-action and animated television series, theatrical motion pictures and home entertainment releases.
The two-sided “Harry Potter” bag features images of Harry (played by Daniel Radcliffe) and Professor Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) on one side, with Harry’s longtime adversary, Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton), and Professor Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) on the other.
The combo TV bag revealed today boasts “Human Target” stars Mark Valley (“Fringe”), Chi McBride (“Pushing Daisies”) and Jackie Earle Haley (“Watchmen,” “A Nightmare on Elm Street”) on one side, with “The Vampire Diaries” stars Nina Dobrev (“Degrassi: The Next Generation”), Paul Wesley (“Killer Movie) and Ian Somerhalder (“Lost”) in silhouette around a bloody heart on the other. “Love Sucks” indeed.
Comments Off on Con Report Round-Up: Comic-Con International 2009
UPDATED Wednesday, 7/29/09: 18 new links!
Key: P=Photos, R=Report, V=Video
- P| Ain’t It Cool News: …a look at the floor, some exclusives and a list of screenings!
- P|R| The Beat: San Diego DAY 0 report
- P| Bloody Disgusting: â€˜Jonah Hex’ Banner from Comic Con 2009
- P| Cinema Blend: Comic Con In Photos: Seth Rogen Unveils Green Hornet’s Sweet Ride
- P| Dread Central: Exhibit Hall Photos (so far)
- R| Hollywood Crush (MTV): Twilighters Begin Overnight Vigil For ‘New Moon’ Panel
- P| IshTalkers: Star Wars, Twilight New Moon, movie banners, etc.
- P| jhicks (TwitPic): Lunasea Studios pre-setup
- P| j_pidgeon: flickr set
- P| Julia Peterson (TwitPic): Voldemort, WB Booth, New Moon banner
- P| L’antre de l’imaginaire: Exhibit hall photos (Jonah Hex spotted)
- P| MoviesOnline: Green Hornet Black Beauty Photos from Comic Con
- P| Official Star Wars Blog: flickr set
- P| Pat Loika: flickr set
- P| Screen Crave: Comic-Con 2009: New Moon, Green Hornet, Gamer Photos
- P| ShockTillYouDrop.com: Exhibit Hall Signs (so far)
- P| Toyark: SDCC 2009 Marvel Universe Banners And Iron Man 2
- P| Toyark: SDCC 2009 Marvel Universe Hasbro Booth Images
- P| ToysREvil: flickr set
- P| Transformer World 2005: Early Peek at Autobot Edition Camaro at Comic Con
- P| Transformer World 2005: San Diego Comic Con Transformers Images from Hasbro Booth
- P| WAMG: Preview Night Photos
ICv2 Conference/Preview Night
- V| Scene on Video: Preview Night Videos
- V| Scene on Video: Seth Rogan Unveils Green Hornet’s Black Beauty
- P|R| Associated Press: A view from Comic Con: Costumes, comics, crowds
- P|R| GeleSkins: SDCC 2009 Preview Night
- R| Publishers Weekly: Comics, Movies and a New Publishing Deal for Bone at the San Diego Comic-Con
- R| Nikke Finke’s Deadline Hollywood Daily: 2009 Comic-Con Opens With A Whimper
- P| SignOnSanDiego.com: Preview Night
Day One: Thursday
- R| Ain’t It Cool News: Harry’s Day 1 @ Comic Con: Alice, Tron, Dickens, New Moon, Hole, Final Destination, Avatar, District 9, Trick or Treat & more!!
- P|R| CBR: The Nerdy Bird’s First Flight to CCI – Part 1
- P| DC Comics: Thursday Floor Photos
- P| DC Comics: Thursday Panels
- P|R| GeleSkins: Day One
- R| Robot 6 (CBR): Quick notes on Thursday
- P| SignOnSanDiego.com: New Moon Press Conference
- NEW P| SmirkStudios (Picasa Web Album): San Diego Comic-Con 2009 photos
Day Two: Friday
- P| DC Comics: Friday Floor Photos
- P| DC Comics: Friday Panels
- P|R| GeleSkins: Day Two
- NEW P|R| Gilmore Girls News: Keiko Agena at Comic-Con
Day Three: Saturday
- P| DC Comics: Saturday Floor Photos
- P| DC Comics: Saturday Panels
- P|R| GeleSkins: Day Three
- P| ScreenCrave: Comic-Con 2009: Costumes from Day 3
- P| SignOnSanDiego.com: Saturday
Day Four: Sunday
- P|R| GeleSkins: Day Four
- P|R| L.A. Sequential (Convention Scene): My SDCC 2009 Recap!
- V| Scene on Video: Marvel @ SDCC
- P| AutoSpies: The Stars And Cars At The 2009 Comicon Show
- NEW P| Bad Astronomer (flickr): Comic Con 2009 photos
- R| Bad Lit: 2009 Comic-Con International: Underground Style
- P| Blog@Newsarama: Comic Con Photos A-go-go!
- R| CBR: CCI Post-Game with David Glanzer
- NEW P| DC Comics: WEDNESDAY COMICS takes over San Diego
- NEW P| Dragatomi (flickr): SDCC 2009 photos
- P| E! Online: Get Our Fab Photos of Comic-Con 2009
- R| E! Online: The 12 Most Amazing Comic-Con Movie Moments
- NEW P|R| Fantagraphics Books: Comcon ’09 Post-Op
- P| Guidespot: Geeks, Fanboys and Cosplayers Unite!!! The Best of Comic-Con 2009
- P| Inside Movies (AOL): 500 Comic-Con Photos
- P| io9: 17 Most Expensive Toys And Collectibles At Comic-Con
- R| io9: Who Won Comic Con’s Buzz Wars? Our 10 Picks
- NEW P| Izismile.com: The girls at Comic-Con 2009
- NEW R| Los Angeles Times: Comic-Con: Empowering for patrons with disabilities
- NEW P| Los Angeles Times: The Image Photo Booth: Comic-Con 2009
- NEW P| Los Angeles Times: Scene at Comic-Con International 2009
- P| Major Spoilers: SDCC â€˜09: Photo Parade 01
- P| Maximum PC: The Comic-Con 2009 Cosplay Gallery — 600 Amazing Costumes
- R| Metro International: And that’s a wrap for Comic-Con
- P| MTV: 2009 San Diego Comic-Con, NEW Set Two
- NEW P| MTV: Comic-Con Costume Gallery 2009
- NEW P| MTV: San Diego Comic-Con ’09 Photo Booth
- R| Nerd World (Time): The Best of San Diego Comic-Con, and Goodbye to All That
- P| TheOneRing.net: Comic-Con 2009 Photo Gallery
- P|R| palblog: Emily’s musings on her first San Diego Comic-Con
- P| Predator Stuff: Predator Take-Over
- R| Publishers Weekly: Soldout in San Diego: Another Booming Comic-Con
- NEW P| Raychul Moore (Facebook): Comic Con 2009 photos
- NEW P| Roger Chang (flickr): San Diego Comic Con 2009 photos
- P| Schadenfreude: ComicCon Costume Gallery…
- NEW P| Scott Edelman (flickr): Comic-Con International 2009 photos
- P| SuperHeroHype.com
- NEW P|R| Wired: Remains of the Day: 9 Comic-Con Photos You Didn’t See
Topics: James Cameron and Peter Jackson Panel
- R| Ain’t It Cool News: Peter Jackson and James Cameron talk shop, KING KONG Universal Ride, AVATAR, BATTLE ANGEL and TEMERAIRE!
- V| Scene on Video: Tron Legacy Trailer from SDCC
- P|R| Ain’t It Cool News: Zemeckis on Roger Rabbit 2! TRON: LEGACY Concept Art!
- P| joeltelling (flickr): Flynn’s Arcade @ Comic-con w/ New Light Cycle
Iron Man Panel
- V| Scene on Video: All Things Iron Man @ SDCC
- R| Ain’t It Cool News: Quint rocks out to the IRON MAN 2 footage! Scarlett! Rhodey! WAR MACHINE!!!
Twilight: New Moon Press Conference and Panel
- V| Scene on Video: Twilight New Moon Cast @ SDCC
- P|R| Ain’t It Cool News: Capone and a couple hundred of his closest friends say ‘Hi’ to the cast of NEW MOON at Comic-Con!!!
- NEW P| MTV: “New Moon” Cast Crashes San Diego Comic-Con
Comments Off on Top Cow SDCC Talent Search with Reviews by Marc Silvestri
TOP COW ANNOUNCES TALENT SEARCH AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON
PUBLISHER LOOKING FOR UP AND COMING ARTISTS TO JOIN THE TOP COW STUDIO
LOS ANGELES, Calif., July 21st, 2009 – Top Cow Productions, Inc. proudly announced today its plans locate new talent to join the world famous Top Cow Studio at this year’s Comic-Con International, the world’s biggest and most exciting popular culture convention brought together in the San Diego Convention Center in California from July 23rd-26th.
Top Cow has a long and proud tradition of finding and nurturing young talent under the watchful eye of founder Marc Silvestri in their in house studio, lovingly referred to as “The Pit.” Previous alums of the studio include Michael Turner, David Finch, Joe Benitez, Billy Tan, Keu Cha, and Mike Choi among others. Current members of the studio include Eric Basaldua, Michael Broussard, Nelson Blake II, and Sheldon Mitchell. Top Cow is looking to open one or more spots in the studio and aspiring artists’ first opportunity to try out will be at this year’s Comic-Con International.
Top Cow will be set up in booth #2629 at the show. President Matt Hawkins, Publisher Filip Sablik, and Managing Editor Phil Smith will review portfolios on Thursday and on Friday from 11am until 1pm. Aspiring artist must pick up a portfolio review ticket from between 10am and 11am on the day of the review in order to secure a review time. Five artists will be selected each day and receive an opportunity to have a one on one portfolio review with Marc Silvestri on Saturday from 3pm to 4pm.
If an artist is extended an invitation to join the Top Cow studio, they will have to relocate to Los Angeles, CA to physically be part of the studio. Top Cow will not provide compensation for relocation costs and artists living in the Southern California area are preferred. No guarantee of paid work is implied or assured. Artists with questions are encouraged to stop by the Top Cow booth (#2629).
*SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
About Top Cow Productions Inc.
Top Cow Productions, Inc. (www.topcow.com), a Los Angeles-based entertainment company, was founded in December of 1992 by artist Marc Silvestri, who also co-founded Image Comics earlier that same year. Top Cow currently publishes its line of comic books in 21 languages in over 55 different countries. The company has launched 20 franchises (18 original and two licensed) in the industry’s Top 10, seven at #1, a feat accomplished by no other publisher in the last two decades. Its flagship franchise, WITCHBLADE, was TNT’s #1 original film of 2000 and the subsequent TV series was released on DVD on July 29, 2008. A feature film, co-produced by Platinum Studios, Inc. and Arclight Films, is slated to begin production in Australia with director Michael Rymer. WITCHBLADE is also the first American property to be fully adapted in Japan as an original anime and manga by Studio GONZO in 2006. Top Cow’s other flagship property, THE DARKNESS, was developed into a major next-generation video game release by Starbreeze and 2K Games and achieved platinum sales status. WANTED, an Eisner-nominated miniseries published by Top Cow from 2003-2005, is now a major motion picture from Universal Pictures starring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman. Virtually all of Top Cow’s other properties are in development as feature films, live-action television, animation or video games. Top Cow has also successfully licensed and merchandised its franchises into toys, statues, clothing, lithographs, puppets, posters, magnets, shot glasses, lighters, lunch pails, wall scrolls, mouse pads, die-cast cars, calendars, Christmas ornaments, Halloween masks, trading cards, standees, video games and role playing games.
Comments Off on Marvel Announces SDCC Signing Schedule
Marvel has announced their booth signings schedule for Comic-Con and have included a nice, printable version as well which you can find below:
Find out when your favorite creators are signing at San Diego Comic-Con (Booth #2429).
For all the latest news, announcements and interviews, plus live panel blogging, video features and much more, visit Marvel.com’s San Diego Comic-Con 2009 Hub Page!
|7:00 – 8:00 PM
||7:30 – 8:30 PM|
“IRON MAN 2″ VIDEO GAME SIGNING
SPECIAL PREVIEW NIGHT SIGNING
|10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
||1:00 – 2:00 PM|
|JOE QUESADA||BRIAN REBER
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||3:00 – 4:00 PM||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
LEINIL FRANCIS YU
|5:00 – 6:00 PM||5:00 – 6:00 PM||6:00 – 7:00 PM|
J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||10:00 – 11:00 AM||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|12:00 – 1:00 PM||1:00 – 2:00 PM||1:30 – 2:00 PM|
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||3:00 – 4:00 PM||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
GREGG HUWIT Z
SPECIAL MARVEL ANIMATION/
JOHN ROMITA JR.
|5:00 – 6:00 PM||6:00 – 7:00 PM||6:00 – 7:00 PM|
|JEPH LOEB||MASAO MARUYAMA
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||10:00 – 11:00 AM||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|*SPECIAL IRON MAN 2
|12:00 – 1:00 PM||1:00 – 2:00 PM||1:00 – 2:00 PM|
|1:30 – 2:30 PM||2:30 – 3:30 PM||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
“IRON MAN 2″ VIDEO
SPECIAL SUPER HERO
LEINIL FRANCIS YU
|5:00 – 6:00 PM||6:00 – 7:00 PM|
JOHN ROMITA JR.
|10:00 – 11:00 AM||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||12:00 – 1:00 PM|
JOHN ROMITA JR.
|1:00 – 2:00 PM||2:00 – 3:00 PM||3:00 – 4:00 PM|
Comments Off on Todd McFarlane and Dexter Cast Signing at SDCC
Entertainment Earth will be hosting signings at Booth #2343. Todd McFarlane will be signing there on Friday and various cast members from the show Dexter will be signing there throughout the convention. Times are below:
Comments Off on Oni Press at SDCC with Bryan Lee O’Malley and More
Oni Press has released their panel and signings schedule for Comic-Con:
Oni Press on Panels!
12:00-1:00 Spotlight on Bryan Lee O’Malley- Comic-Con special guest Bryan Lee O’Malley (winner of the Doug Wright, Joe Shuster, and Harvey Awards) talks with legendary comics scholar Scott McCloud (Understanding Comics, Zot!) about Bryan’s groundbreaking slice-of-life graphic novel series Scott Pilgrim. From its genesis to the production of the upcoming film version, O’Malley speaks frankly about where Scott Pilgrim came from and where the series is going from here. With a fan Q&A to close the discussion, this is the must attend event of Comic-Con 2009! Room 5AB
3:00-4:00 Oni Press: Panelmonium 2009- Get up close and personal with trend setting indie comic powerhouse Oni Press. Join in the Q&A with your favorite Oni creators, including Ross Campbell (Wet Moon), Jamie S. Rich (You Have Killed Me), Greg Rucka (Whiteout), Bryan Lee O’Malley (Scott Pilgrim), and Chris Schweizer (The Crogan Adventures). Get sneak peeks at upcoming Oni projects, news on Oni Press fan initiatives, free Oni comics, prizes, and more! Guaranteed by Oni Press’s totally biased employees to be “the most fun you’ll ever have at a panel.” Room 10
3:45-4:45 USA Network’s Psych- James Roday (Shawn Spencer), DulÃ© Hill (Burton “Gus” Guster), Maggie Lawson (Juliet O’Hara), Tim Omundson (Carlton Lassiter), Corbin Bernsen (Henry Spencer), Steve Franks (creator and executive producer), and the entire creative team give you an all-access behind-the-scenes pass to the USA Network hit original series Psych. Stars and producers will share personal stories and answer questions about the show’s genesis, episodic development, and production process. Video presentations created exclusively for Comic-Con will feature never-before-seen outtakes, a Season 4 exclusive preview, and a special video-diary segment that will take panel attendees inside the daily production process via the perspective of a staff writer, the Vancouver production team, and series star James Roday as he prepares to shoot a scene for the upcoming season. Plus, two lucky fans will find fame and fortune when they win the honor of having a guest character in a future episode named after them! You can also expect giveaways, exclusive merchandise, and a first-run preview copy of the upcoming Psych graphic novel from Oni Press! Ballroom 20
2:00-3:00 Kids Write!- Kids, join creators Chris Giarrusso (G-Man), Chris Schweizer (Crogan’s Vengeance), Eric Wight (Frankie Pickle), and Gene Yang (American Born Chinese) as they draw the story you tell! Moderated by Cory Casoni (Oni Press). Room 30CDE
Oni Press is pleased to announce the following signings at their booth #1833
10:00 – 11:20 Hope Larson, Brian Hurtt, Cullen Bunn
11:30 – 12:50 Chuck BB, Rick Spears, Phil Gelatt, Rick Lacy, Chris Schweizer
1:00 – 2:20 Robbi Rodriguez, John Layman, Cameron Stewart, Ray Fawkes
3:00 – 4:00 ONI PRESS PANELMONIUM 2009
4:00 – 5:20 Ross Campbell, Renee Lott, Joelle Jones, Jamie S. Rich, Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir
5:30 – 6:50 Bryan Lee O’Malley, Antony Johnston, Chris Mitten
10:00 – 11:20 Justin Greenwood, Marc Guggenheim, Ray Fawkes
11:30 – 12:50 Antony Johnston, Chris Mitten, Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir, Brian Hurtt, Cullen Bunn, Ande Parks, Chris Samnee
1:00 – 2:20 Robbi Rodriguez, John Layman, Phil Gelatt, Rick Lacy, Vasilis Lolos
2:30 – 3:50 Bryan Lee O’Malley, Judd Winick, Chris Schweizer, Ted Naifeh, Renee Lott
4:00 – 5:20 Joelle Jones, Jamie S. Rich, Hope Larson, Greg Rucka, Matt Southworth
5:30 – 6:50 Lars Brown, Chuck BB, Rick Spears, Ross Campbell
10:00 – 11:20 Phil Gelatt, Rick Lacy, Brian Hurtt, Cullen Bunn, Ande Parks, Chris Samnee
11:30 – 12:50 Antony Johnston, Chris Mitten, Joelle Jones, Jamie S. Rich, Renee Lott
1:00 – 2:20 Bryan Lee O’Malley, Chris Schweizer, Lars Brown
2:30 – 3:50 Justin Greenwood, Marc Guggenheim, Greg Rucka, Matt Southworth
4:00 – 5:20 Robbi Rodriguez, John Layman, Judd Winick, Chuck BB, Rick Spears, Ross Campbell
5:30 – 6:50 Bryan Lee O’Malley, Cameron Stewart, Ray Fawkes, Ted Naifeh
10:00 – 11:20 Robbi Rodriguez, John Layman, Renee Lott, Cameron Stewart, Ray Fawkes
11:30 – 12:50 Antony Johnston, Chris Mitten, Lars Brown, Chuck BB, Rick Spears
1:00 – 2:20 Chris Schweizer, Ted Naifeh, Phil Gelatt, Rick Lacy, Vasilis Lolos
2:30 – 3:50 Joelle Jones, Jamie S. Rich, Brian Hurtt, Cullen Bunn, Ross Campbell
And of course the Oni Press Staff will be on hand at the Oni Booth #1833: Joe Nozemack, James Lucas Jones, Randal C. Jarrell, Jill Beaton, Keith Wood, Douglas E. Sherwood, & Cory Casoni.
For more on Oni merchandise and premieres at SDCC, follow the link.
Comments Off on Saw Stars at SDCC with Teaser, Poster, and Signings
ShockTillYouDrop.com reports on plans to unveil Saw VI at Comic-Con:
Lionsgate will be distributing tickets at the Lionsgate booth (#3729) – the first 100 people to hit the booth will be able to grab a ticket to a talent signing with Costas Mandylor (Detective Hoffman) and Betsy Russell (Jill Kramer) at 2pm. They will be autographing the never-before-seen Saw VI teaser poster.
The second signing will be held at 5pm with Tobin Bell (Jigsaw) where he will be signing an exlusive limited edition Comic Con Saw VI poster.
At the beginning of this signing, Tobin Bell will be introducing the world premiere of the Saw VI teaser trailer, which will simultaneously be streamed live on FEARnet.com and Justin.tv in addition to the official SAW Facebook page.
See the Saw VI motion poster below: